True leadoff needed

CSF77

Liked Posts:
He lost me after he started tagging his own posts.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Where is the great caratini at for tonight’s game? He gets like one start a week and will probably get called upon to pinch hit tonight with runners on and he will strike out to end a
Potential rally but quite a few people on here thinks he’s such a good hitter and a plus is he’s a switch hitter but you know that they say about guys that can hit is that they will find a position for you yet joe only starts him once a week

He starts are limited due to your starting catcher is the all Star leader in votes. And your 1B is your team captain.

If he was a left fielder he would get a opertunity.

The reality here is Vic is a starting quality catcher. Most teams would jump at a trade for him. The problem is he is behind a primier talent.

choyne35

Liked Posts:
You are really bad at trolling
You’re right cuz I’m not trolling so i am bad at it, anyways I’m speaking the truth and that’s where is caratini at if he’s such this great hitter that most think he is? I mean they say if you hit they will find a position for you yet this guy is only a backup catcher that starts one game a week and 2 at most

choyne35

Liked Posts:
They didn't blow a 5 game lead. Milwaukee went 19-7 in September. Milwaukee simply won it, plain and simple. We only had a 5 game lead because Milwaukee had a bad August.
They blew it cuz they had their own destiny in their hands up 5 games

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You’re right cuz I’m not trolling so i am bad at it, anyways I’m speaking the truth and that’s where is caratini at if he’s such this great hitter that most think he is? I mean they say if you hit they will find a position for you yet this guy is only a backup catcher that starts one game a week and 2 at most
Tremendous

choyne35

Liked Posts:
They didn’t have to hope for the brewers losing if they would have had a good September themselves
So if the cubs would have went a very modest and very doable 15-11 in those last 26 games they would have won the division outright so yes they did choke the division away

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
With the roster they have now I think they should be leading off Almora. I know some people care about taking walks/pitches but Almora was hitting .300 before Maddon put him on the bench half the time. Almora might be the best defensive outfield in all of baseball as well.

Until they can trade for another lead off hitter such as Lindor or Merrifield (I know there are more but these are the names I've seen get thrown around) they should lead off Almora.

choyne35

Liked Posts:
With the roster they have now I think they should be leading off Almora. I know some people care about taking walks/pitches but Almora was hitting .300 before Maddon put him on the bench half the time. Almora might be the best defensive outfield in all of baseball as well.

Until they can trade for another lead off hitter such as Lindor or Merrifield (I know there are more but these are the names I've seen get thrown around) they should lead off Almora.
I would be thrilled if they got either Lindor or Merrifield but I seriously doubt they will and I’m with you about Almora leading off and then maybe go Schwarber 2nd, Bryant, Rizzo, Baez 3, 4, 5. I want Schwarber coming up with someone on base possibly and I know with joe batting the pitcher 8th he’s trying to get that to happen but he can still
Do that but you would have a chance for 2 on or bases loaded with Schwarber and the big bats coming up if Kyle is hitting 2nd

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I would be thrilled if they got either Lindor or Merrifield but I seriously doubt they will and I’m with you about Almora leading off and then maybe go Schwarber 2nd, Bryant, Rizzo, Baez 3, 4, 5. I want Schwarber coming up with someone on base possibly and I know with joe batting the pitcher 8th he’s trying to get that to happen but he can still
Do that but you would have a chance for 2 on or bases loaded with Schwarber and the big bats coming up if Kyle is hitting 2nd

Almora had a .279 BA leading off. He doesn't get on base enough to justify it.

Schwarber is not great at it but his .344 is clearly superior.

As far as a true fix goes it is not going to happen this year.

But I wouldn't mind seeing Bote and Russell trying their hand at it. Both are decent at the plate.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
But if you wanted to trade for Merryfield I would suggest Bote and Montgomery to start. They both are under control and should improve in value in starter roles. You might have to toss them Mills back also.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Almora had a .279 BA leading off. He doesn't get on base enough to justify it.

Schwarber is not great at it but his .344 is clearly superior.

As far as a true fix goes it is not going to happen this year.

But I wouldn't mind seeing Bote and Russell trying their hand at it. Both are decent at the plate.

Short sided though. Almora only led off 9 games, In those nine games he got 12 hits. No walks, stole a base, scored 4 times.

What people are not realizing about Almora, is his splits went opposite this year, he is actually stronger against righties this year. .280/.318 vs righties, .212/.235 against lefties, and that is when he was being allowed to lead off, only against lefties. From what we heard, that was what he needed to work on to be an every day player and guess what, its still no.

His best counts to hit is swing at the first pitch and hits .380. 0-2 surpringly he is hitting .388.

He proved he can hit righties now, and still gets hosed for Heyward in center.

Almora is just part of the reasoning that these guys need regular days, regular spots, multiple games so they are not sitting there worried about getting benched with one bad day. Make all the excuses for Heyward, Rizzo hitting his weight in April and May, but not the Almoras of this team.

Gotta wonder how his head is screwed on, What do I have to do?