Underrated 2019 NFL Draft Prospects

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ronheen Bingham, OLB, 6'2 240lbs, University of Arkansas

If he was a few inches taller he'd be in the talk for top five or top three edge prospects in this draft. Named the Sun Belt Defensive Player of the Year, he had 18.5 tackles for loss, to go along with 9 sacks. He also had five pass deflections.

Who is your pick?

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
It's really too bad Dez, your now literally like the boy that cried wolf.

You finally make a post worthy thread, but everyone intentionally ignores it because over the last few months you've pumped out more bologna than Oscar Meyer.

Penny Hart btw
Reminds me of anything Miller

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

If he was a few inches taller he'd be in the talk for top five or top three edge prospects in this draft. Named the Sun Belt Defensive Player of the Year, he had 18.5 tackles for loss, to go along with 9 sacks. He also had five pass deflections.

Who is your pick?
Thanks for the interesting post. I will try to add one or more choices later on. Hopefully, people will add their sleeper picks. I could add some players that we haven't noticed until now. Good thing for one of the dead patches in the NFL calendar year.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:

Kerrith Whyte Jr, I've talked about him in the RB post but this kid is crazy athletic...his pro day numbers are better than virtually every RB that came out in the last 5 yrs.

I'm not sure why he decided to declare for the draft since he'd be the man with singletary gone which would likely up his draft stock significantly...at best he will likely be a 5th rounder if that.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Kerrith Whyte Jr, I've talked about him in the RB post but this kid is crazy athletic...his pro day numbers are better than virtually every RB that came out in the last 5 yrs.

I'm not sure why he decided to declare for the draft since he'd be the man with singletary gone which would likely up his draft stock significantly...at best he will likely be a 5th rounder if that.

Looking at vid, he doesnt seem like he has a ton of lateral movement. What he does possess is speed and once he puts foot in ground, he bursts forward to wherever he commits. Kinda reminds me of D. McFadden..may be a nice compliment in backfield

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Tyree Jackson Qb,6-7, 245lb University of Buffalo

Jackson displayed the arm strength that was not only evident on film, but was also showcased down in Mobile. From routes in the short game to more vertical routes down the field, Jackson’s arm is among the best in this class and he has the ability to dial up velocity to all levels of the field.
-
2019 NFL Scouting Combine

-----
I'd take him in the lower rounds if he's there. We need to get in the habit of grooming our own Qb's vs. always signing other teams castoffs. We need to have a groomed back-up, who could potentially start

Mitchapalooza

Tyree Jackson Qb,6-7, 245lb University of Buffalo

Jackson displayed the arm strength that was not only evident on film, but was also showcased down in Mobile. From routes in the short game to more vertical routes down the field, Jackson’s arm is among the best in this class and he has the ability to dial up velocity to all levels of the field.
-
2019 NFL Scouting Combine

-----
I'd take him in the lower rounds if he's there. We need to get in the habit of grooming our own Qb's vs. always signing other teams castoffs. We need to have a groomed back-up, who could potentially start
wasting a pick on a QB when we have limited picks, no thanks Jeff.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Who is your pick?
who says he would be a top 3 or top 5 edge rusher? lmao you? yeah, those edge rushers the sun belt conference produces.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's really too bad Dez, your now literally like the boy that cried wolf.

You finally make a post worthy thread, but everyone intentionally ignores it because over the last few months you've pumped out more bologna than Oscar Meyer.

Penny Hart btw
Reminds me of anything Miller

Who the fook is this guy?

But seriously it's the internet stop taking it seriously.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Good back up QB's are important and expensive look at Nick Foles and Jimmy Garoppollo. If he shows potential we can trade him.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
An imaginative coach paired up with an imaginative GM could use that QB as a receiving threat, running threat as well as a threating 2nd QB in Nagy's goal line 2 QB play (unlike Daniels).

He is 6´7" and athletic. Not that I am for drafting him, but if he is, I sure hope that Nagy can use him as a weapon.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
An imaginative coach paired up with an imaginative GM could use that QB as a receiving threat, running threat as well as a threating 2nd QB in Nagy's goal line 2 QB play (unlike Daniels).

He is 6´7" and athletic. Not that I am for drafting him, but if he is, I sure hope that Nagy can use him as a weapon.

If you're referring to Jackson, University of Buffalo, I would just groom like any other Qb. ( i.e. follow the N.E. or GB process). Worst case ya' one day trade him (for picks). Best case, he ultimately provides competition at our Qb position ( and that's a good thing).

JoJoBoxer said:
An imaginative coach paired up with an imaginative GM could use that QB as a receiving threat, running threat as well as a threating 2nd QB in Nagy's goal line 2 QB play (unlike Daniels)

My thought is go find a player with those skills ( not a Qb)
So no, I wouldn't want to use Jackson as a, so-called "weapon", thus allowing teams to key on him and potentially injure him.

---------------------------------

Jackson actually began his college career as a more mobile quarterback. He rushed for 399 yards on 99 attempts in his freshman season, but after a knee injury in 2017, Jackson’s presence in the pocket increased.

Upon return from injury, he was instantly better at throwing in the pocket and frequented the deep ball — one of his greatest assets — more often. Buffalo’s offense elevated to new heights under a healthy Jackson in 2018, where he led the Bulls to their first 10-win season in history and won MAC Offensive Player of the Year honors.

-SB NATION

Last edited:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
If you're referring to Jackson, University of Buffalo, I would just groom like any other Qb. ( i.e. follow the N.E. or GB process). Worst case ya' one day trade him (for picks). Best case, he ultimately provides competition at our Qb position.

I wouldn't want to use him as a, so-called "weapon", thus allowing teams key on him and potentially injure him.
Now I may be wrong, but I would think drafting him in the 7th. 7th rounders play special teams and anything else that gets them on the field.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Now I may be wrong, but I would think drafting him in the 7th. 7th rounders play special teams and anything else that gets them on the field.

Take a look at the additional info I provided.

This guy could be a special. I just think grooming him for what he is (Qb) is the best route to go. IMO We really need to get better at grooming our own Qb's. As well as, keeping our Qb situation competitive.
Thing is....somebody will probably snap him up b4 the 7th round

Last edited:

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Either he or Bryce Love would be a great addition to Cohen and Davis. Why not BOTH ???? Then get rid of Mizell

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Take a look at the additional info I provided.

This guy could be a special. I just think grooming him for what he is (Qb) is the best route to go. IMO We really need to get better at grooming our own Qb's. As well as, keeping our Qb situation competitive.
Thing is....somebody will probably snap him up b4 the 7th round
I hear what you are saying, but consider that Nagy is willing to put defensive players on the offensive side to create confusion. Why wouldn't he see if he is can provide some mismatches ... while he is groomed to be a QB?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I hear what you are saying, but consider that Nagy is willing to put defensive players on the offensive side to create confusion. Why wouldn't he see if he is can provide some mismatches ... while he is groomed to be a QB?

Man it's hard to concentrate with that chick spilling syrup ?

Anyway.....
Why wouldn't he see if he is can provide some mismatches ... while he is groomed to be a QB?

I see what your saying about "confusion" & " mismatches".

I just wouldn't the Qb touching the ball and or risk being injured just for the sake of a gimmick play (does that make sense?). I'd much rather see him use a Hb ( under center) like they use to do ( I forgot what they called that formation).

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Man it's hard to concentrate with that chick spilling syrup ?

Anyway.....

I see what your saying about "confusion" & " mismatches".

I just wouldn't the Qb touching the ball and or risk being injured just for the sake of a gimmick play (does that make sense?). I'd much rather see him use a Hb ( under center) like they use to do ( I forgot what they called that formation).
Certain qbs have the build and physical ability to withstand it. Look at what the Saints have done with Taysom Hill.