UPDATE on NFC Playoff Picture

BigTom

Liked Posts:
When does the NFL release the schedule for the wildcard round? They don't need to know who's in to announce which seeds and conferences will be playing at which times.

If the Bears don't end up with the 2 seed I want that Saturday night time slot for wild card round. 1 because I think the atmosphere in the stadium is better during nights games. And 2 because i work days that weekend and would miss every game except the Saturday night one.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When does the NFL release the schedule for the wildcard round? They don't need to know who's in to announce which seeds and conferences will be playing at which times.

If the Bears don't end up with the 2 seed I want that Saturday night time slot for wild card round. 1 because I think the atmosphere in the stadium is better during nights games. And 2 because i work days that weekend and would miss every game except the Saturday night one.

I'd Quit

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I'll sum it up. Bears will host Eagles in WC.

Week 17
Bears beat Viks
Eagles beat Skins
Hawks beat Cardinals
Rams beat 49ers

Chiefs@Hawks: above happens=doesn't matter

Toast88

Liked Posts:
UPDATE:

With the Seahawks beating the Chiefs, here’s the update.

5. Seahawks (9-6)

6. Vikings (8-6-1)

7. Eagles (8-7)

Seattle will get either the 5-seed or 6-seed, as they hold the tiebreak with the Eagles.

Vikings can get the 5-seed, 6-seed or be out.

The best the Eagles can get is the 6-seed.

Bears play the Seahawks with a:

Seahawks loss (vs Cardinals)
AND
Vikings win (vs Bears)

No other combo would result in the Seahawks as the 6-seed.

Bears play the Vikings with a:

Vikings loss (vs Bears)
AND
Eagles loss (vs Redskins)

OR

Vikings win (vs Bears)
AND
Seahawks win (vs Cardinals)

Bears play the Eagles with a:

Vikings loss (vs Bears)
AND
Eagles win (vs Redskins)

No other combo results in the Eagles getting thr 6-seed

SIMPLIFIED:

The only way the Bears play the Seahawks is if the Seahawks lose next week to the Cardinals AND the Bears lose to the Vikings.

The only way the Bears play the Eagles is if the Eagles beat the Redskins AND the Bears beat the Vikings.

Every other combo sticks the Bears with the Vikings.

clear

Liked Posts:
Both the Eagles and Vikings will be a tough opponent. I just prefer the Bears beat the Vikings and face the Eagles. The Bears offense will have an easier time facing the Eagles defense.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Both the Eagles and Vikings will be a tough opponent. I just prefer the Bears beat the Vikings and face the Eagles. The Bears offense will have an easier time facing the Eagles defense.

Agreed. Also, if the Bears go out and knock the Vikings out of playoff contention, they'll have essentially started their playoffs early and gotten one more game of high-adrenaline experience heading into the playoffs. I like that. I like riding a winning streak into the postseason and not having to play a team three times.

I had said I hoped the Bears would play the Vikings because I have supreme confidence in this defense shutting down Kirk Cousins, but I think I may be changing my mind. Trubisky and the offense will likely have a much "easier" time against the Eagles, and I have just as much faith in this defense against the Eagles as I do against the Vikings, even against "touched by fate" Nick Foles. Gotta take the chance that his magic will run out sooner or later. Of course, now that I say that...

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
UPDATE:

5. Seahawks (9-6)

6. Vikings (8-6-1)

7. Eagles (8-7)

Seattle will get either the 5-seed or 6-seed, as they hold the tiebreak with the Eagles.

AND
Vikings win (vs Bears)

Vikings loss (vs Bears)
AND

OR

Vikings win (vs Bears)
AND

Vikings loss (vs Bears)
AND
Eagles win (vs Redskins)

SIMPLIFIED:

The only way the Bears play the Seahawks is if the Seahawks lose next week to the Cardinals AND the Bears lose to the Vikings.

The only way the Bears play the Eagles is if the Eagles beat the Redskins AND the Bears beat the Vikings.

or Bears win vs Vikes and the 49rs beat the Rams (any given sunday!) and we dont have to worry about first round!!!!!!!!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
UPDATE:

5. Seahawks (9-6)

6. Vikings (8-6-1)

7. Eagles (8-7)

AND
Vikings win (vs Bears)

Vikings loss (vs Bears)
AND

OR

Vikings win (vs Bears)
AND

Vikings loss (vs Bears)
AND
Eagles win (vs Redskins)

SIMPLIFIED:

I don't wanna play the Eagles or the Seahawks. N.Foles is the real deal at this time of year and i don't know if we're gonna have E.Jackson and A.Lynch back by that time. Seahawks are also great this time of year and would be scary to play. P.Carroll is the coach i see threatening Nagy for head coach of the year award and i hate that arrogant bastard.

Monster

Liked Posts:
I don't wanna play the Eagles or the Seahawks. N.Foles is the real deal at this time of year and i don't know if we're gonna have E.Jackson and A.Lynch back by that time. Seahawks are also great this time of year and would be scary to play. P.Carroll is the coach i see threatening Nagy for head coach of the year award and i hate that arrogant bastard.

The Seahawks are the Cowboys problem.
They aren’t losing to AZ at home.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The Seahawks are the Cowboys problem.
They aren’t losing to AZ at home.

And they will beat the Cowboys i would think pretty easily. Still Philly scares me to but it's the playoffs so every team is gonna be tough to beat. Time to put the big boy pants on and get that win. Sure hope E.Jackson and A.Lynch are both back especially Eddie but really both have been playing well.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
NFC sucks this year. You have the Eagles and Vikes who are 8-7 teams who shat down their legs all season and one gets to play in January.

If you recall Vikes were gifted that tie against the Packers on that awful roughing the passer call against Clay Matthew's which should have been a GB win.

Hoping the Bears shove that bull horn up right up scandanavia Hershey highway this Sunday.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The reason you play to beat the Vikings is that you don't want to face a team in consecutive weeks. One of the advantages of the playoffs is having to figure out how to play against teams and scout tendencies and you lose a lot of that if a team just gets to face you back to back weeks, even if you get home field.

I fully expect the Vikings to win easily (TD+) and the board/city to freak out

EDIT - this fully assumes the Seahawks win tonight. If they lose, and you know the Vikings can't fall to 6 if you let them win, you definitely rest everyone and come out for the playoffs playing a different team and not risking injury.

Not sure why you'd expect that with Cousins 4-24 record against winning teams.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I keep saying it over and over again. This Vikings squad is prime to roll over and get fucked. I'm not impressed or afraid of that squad one bit.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I keep saying it over and over again. This Vikings squad is prime to roll over and get fucked. I'm not impressed or afraid of that squad one bit.

Out of the Seahawks, Eagles and Vikings i definitely have the Vikings as the team i'd rather play.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
NFC sucks this year. You have the Eagles and Vikes who are 8-7 teams who shat down their legs all season and one gets to play in January.

If you recall Vikes were gifted that tie against the Packers on that awful roughing the passer call against Clay Matthew's which should have been a GB win.

Hoping the Bears shove that bull horn up right up scandanavia Hershey highway this Sunday.

What??? The NFC looks so much better than the AFC.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Not sure why you'd expect that with Cousins 4-24 record against winning teams.
It's really too bad the Vikings don't play the Redskins in the finale...

With the Skins playing spoilers, QB John Johnson knocks the Vikings out of the playoffs.

[video=youtube;LRJMtyOpwLk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRJMtyOpwLk[/video]

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
What a conundrum. I'd very much like to see the Bears eliminate the Vikes but feel they'd be easier than the Eagles to beat in the playoffs.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
What a conundrum. I'd very much like to see the Bears eliminate the Vikes but feel they'd be easier than the Eagles to beat in the playoffs.

I don’t want any part of Nick Foles in the play offs. If the rams pull out to a big lead I say throw the game and tell the eagles to fuck off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liked Posts:
I don’t want any part of Nick Foles in the play offs. If the rams pull out to a big lead I say throw the game and tell the eagles to fuck off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be more worried about the Eagles defense over their offense. Foles had a lucky streak last years playoff run. Recently he looked average against an average Rams defense and had to throw 49 times against a weak Texans secondary. The run game is non existent. Foles wont beat a Bears defense being one dimensional