UPDATE on NFC Playoff Picture

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
What a conundrum. I'd very much like to see the Bears eliminate the Vikes but feel they'd be easier than the Eagles to beat in the playoffs.

Pshhhh so much for warrior spirit. Beat everyone! Beat the Vikes and laugh next week as you beat the Iggles. NO FEAR.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I would be more worried about the Eagles defense over their offense. Foles had a lucky streak last years playoff run. Recently he looked average against an average Rams defense and had to throw 49 times against a weak Texans secondary. The run game is non existent. Foles wont beat a Bears defense being one dimensional

The Eagles D (especially secondary) is beyond decimated. Foles is by far the biggest concern if we are playing the eagles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Knock the Vikings out this week.
Knock the Eagles out next week.

Or the Rams feel like they can coast and SF beats them then Bears play nobody next week.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I don’t want any part of Nick Foles in the play offs. If the rams pull out to a big lead I say throw the game and tell the eagles to fuck off
If the Eagles are really that good, we'd have to play them, or the team that beats them, in the next rounds. So what difference does it make?

Nah, we have to beat the best team to get to the SB. And we will host the Eagles in the Wild Card.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Nick Foles magic will come to an abrupt end when he is under fire from the Bears front-four.

Liked Posts:
The Eagles D (especially secondary) is beyond decimated. Foles is by far the biggest concern if we are playing the eagles.

Secondary isnt special but they have a solid D line and our offense isnt always consistent. Foles hasnt faced a defense like that Bears. Bears defense have made much better QBs look pretty bad.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
If the Eagles are really that good, we'd have to play them, or the team that beats them, in the next rounds. So what difference does it make?

Nah, we have to beat the best team to get to the SB. And we will host the Eagles in the Wild Card.

Agreed. This is nitpicking at this point but it’s interesting discussion IMO

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Secondary isnt special but they have a solid D line and our offense isnt always consistent. Foles hasnt faced a defense like that Bears. Bears defense have made much better QBs look pretty bad.

I Feel like Mitch is at the point where he could take advantage of that weak secondary though. Thinking about it now though my biggest worry with the O is the O line and Minny definitely has the better front so that kind of makes me want to play the Eagles now.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
LOL @ anyone afraid to play Nick fucking Foles. Good fucking God.....

pablovi

Liked Posts:
What a conundrum. I'd very much like to see the Bears eliminate the Vikes but feel they'd be easier than the Eagles to beat in the playoffs.

Exactly! The easiest team is the Vikings at home.

Liked Posts:
I Feel like Mitch is at the point where he could take advantage of that weak secondary though. Thinking about it now though my biggest worry with the O is the O line and Minny definitely has the better front so that kind of makes me want to play the Eagles now.

Agree on all points. I personally dont care who we play because I have that much confidence in the defense. Trubisky needs to have that no TO type game and Bears should cruise. I just dont get the Nick Foles hype.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
I would be more worried about the Eagles defense over their offense. Foles had a lucky streak last years playoff run. Recently he looked average against an average Rams defense and had to throw 49 times against a weak Texans secondary. The run game is non existent. Foles wont beat a Bears defense being one dimensional

How did our QB looked against that average Rams D?

That Rams D is ranked 14th. Philly and Seattle are ranked 20th and 19th.

The only top 10 D we have faced is Minnesota. And we lost against 21st, 22nd, 24th and 25th ranked defenses.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
It will be Vikings most likely. If the Bears rest players it will be Seattle. Arizona is tanking so Seattle will get at least 1 win.
Nah, more than likely it's gonna be Philly. If the Bears play hard against the Vikings the Bears will win.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Part of me isn't scared of the Eagles because I think Foles is due for a Fitzpatrick-like dose of reality soon. He's just been too damn good. I mean, this past game having 5 TDs and almost 500 yards. Get fucking real He's a backup for a reason and has been either a backup or a fringe starter his whole career.

The other part of me thinks, well, maybe he's been so damn good because he's just fucking really good at this point in his career with this offense and this coach and these players. He out-dueled Brady and Belichick in the fucking Super Bowl. He's the Super Bowl MVP. We've seen this story before. Foles has built his career in college and the NFL around proving people wrong. And lately, he's very good at it.

Meanwhile, Kirk Cousins is winless in the playoffs.

Who knows. The playoffs are screwy. Best thing the Bears can do is try to win every game, including Week 17, and the chips fall where they may.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Knock the reigning NFCn champs out Sunday, then knock the reigning SB champs out next weekend.