USA Today Predictions

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
White Sox win the AL Central and tie for the most wins in the AL at 90.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2016/02/15/mlb-2016-win-totals/80389576/#

I agree with the write up completely outside of the win totals. I think it's darn near impossible to predict any team and where they finish in the AL Central.

I'd love for them to be correct on the White Sox but I just don't see it with the OF we have right now.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
White Sox win the AL Central and tie for the most wins in the AL at 90.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2016/02/15/mlb-2016-win-totals/80389576/#

I agree with the write up completely outside of the win totals. I think it's darn near impossible to predict any team and where they finish in the AL Central.

I'd love for them to be correct on the White Sox but I just don't see it with the OF we have right now.

I am amazed how these "experts" undervalue the Royals so much. Two time AL champs and World Series winner last season. The Sox are improved but you are right, they need a big bat preferably left handed hitter in their line-up. Its frustrating that Reinny won't open his wallet.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I am amazed how these "experts" undervalue the Royals so much. Two time AL champs and World Series winner last season. The Sox are improved but you are right, they need a big bat preferably left handed hitter in their line-up. Its frustrating that Reinny won't open his wallet.

I can't blame him. It's not like we as fans come out in support of the team. I understand bailing on buying tickets when they are out of the race but where are the fans to support the team in April and May and June?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The sox need many things, they are delusional as hell as an organization. Personally I think they over performed last year, with Detroit and Kansas City, there is no chance we win division and I consider us lucky to win 70 games.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Absolutely mind boggling!!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post

Absolutely mind boggling!!

What's mind boggling? Do they not need another bat?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

They need two starting pitchers, a reliever, another lefty of any quality, a lead off hitter who can run, 2 fucking bats AND a clutch guy, 2-3 better defenders, and a god damn fucking clue. A new owner, a new manager, an athletic trainer with a brain, fans that care, a TV deal, and an entire fucking new farm system reorganization, fire fucking everyone and yourself Reiny you fucking moron.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
They have no need for two starting pitchers. The relievers are fine. Eaton is a fine leadoff hitter. One more bat and one manager (I will take Renteria)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They need two starting pitchers, a reliever, another lefty of any quality, a lead off hitter who can run, 2 fucking bats AND a clutch guy, 2-3 better defenders, and a god damn fucking clue. A new owner, a new manager, an athletic trainer with a brain, fans that care, a TV deal, and an entire fucking new farm system reorganization, fire fucking everyone and yourself Reiny you fucking moron.

I do not think that they need two starting pitchers. THey are fine starting pitching wise. In fact if it took one of their starting pitchers to go in a trade(not Rondon or Sales) to get a viable power bat, I'd do it. Their pen is also good. THey have a lead of hitter who can run. They need on legit power bat middle of the order hitter. Their infield is also excellent defensively and their outfield defense is just okay. Their problem is offense. Period.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can't blame him. It's not like we as fans come out in support of the team. I understand bailing on buying tickets when they are out of the race but where are the fans to support the team in April and May and June?

So fans are realists and know ahead of time when their team is going to suck. This is where Reinny is so fucking stupid because he is penny wise and pound foolish. I think that there are a ton of White SOx fans out there who would come out and support the team if Reinny would provide them a good team which he hasn't done for quite a few years.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
They have no need for two starting pitchers. The relievers are dine. Eaton is a fine leadoff hitter. One more bat and one manager (I will take Renteria)
I think he (RR) would do very well for the Sox.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yea, but know one can take an ass beating like Ventura

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
So fans are realists and know ahead of time when their team is going to suck.... I think that there are a ton of White SOx fans out there who would come out and support the team if Reinny would provide them a good team which he hasn't done for quite a few years.

No one was saying the team was going to suck last off season. Quite the opposite as many were picking our team to win the division. Sorry The Hawk, White Sox fans are some of the most fickle.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
i

RyanJackson-16x20-4095_display_image.jpg

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do not think that they need two starting pitchers. THey are fine starting pitching wise. In fact if it took one of their starting pitchers to go in a trade(not Rondon or Sales) to get a viable power bat, I'd do it. Their pen is also good. THey have a lead of hitter who can run. They need on legit power bat middle of the order hitter. Their infield is also excellent defensively and their outfield defense is just okay. Their problem is offense. Period.

We have very different standards then on what a championship pitching staff looks like versus a hail mary miracle chance of just making the playoffs.

We have NO chance of winning division, making the playoffs, or a championship. We need the things I said to get there.

Eaton can run? hahahahahaahahahaaha. ok. I mean someone that scare the opponent with speed, opens holes with pressure and changes the game. Eaton to me is best as a 2 hitter. Cabrera to me is best as a two hitter. Neither take my breathe away defensively.

I'm of the mind set that this roster is fucked, and the management is incompetent. And Detroit and Kansas City are going to whip us like we deserve and cause the changes we need but we probably won 10-15 games above our liklihood last year and delayed that.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We have very different standards then on what a championship pitching staff looks like versus a hail mary miracle chance of just making the playoffs.

We have NO chance of winning division, making the playoffs, or a championship. We need the things I said to get there.

Eaton can run? hahahahahaahahahaaha. ok. I mean someone that scare the opponent with speed, opens holes with pressure and changes the game. Eaton to me is best as a 2 hitter. Cabrera to me is best as a two hitter. Neither take my breathe away defensively.

I'm of the mind set that this roster is fucked, and the management is incompetent. And Detroit and Kansas City are going to whip us like we deserve and cause the changes we need but we probably won 10-15 games above our liklihood last year and delayed that.

We just disagree then. Rodon will in all probability become a viable #3 starting pitcher and the addition of Latos will also help. Our infield is much better both offensively especially in the power department with Lawrie and Frazier as well as on defense. I think that right now they are at least an 85 win team but need another god bat to challenge for a wild card spot.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

The Royals being undervalued part. As for needing another bat, they lost Butler and never missed a beat.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Look, the level of frustration for White Sox fans is palpable.

But there is nothing fickle about White Sox fans. We still love this team, no matter what.

However... if the team is poorly constructed and playing like garbage, don't expect us to come watch.

The same thing goes for most teams around the league with passionate fan bases. Yankees fans avoid the Bronx like the plague when they stink...

Cubs fans are an exception. They aren't really baseball fans, they're just maintaining a tradition. Hell, most of them still believe in the Easter Bunny.