Vic getting interview requests

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
When does the DC of the top defense not get requests for HC interviews? Gotta be deaf, dumb and blind if you didn't see that coming.

swz01

Liked Posts:
When does the DC of the top defense not get requests for HC interviews? Gotta be deaf, dumb and blind if you didn't see that coming.

Hiring a DC as HC is dumb in modern NFL. Your OC is guaranteed to get poached after one good year. Which keeps the offensive side of the ball in a constant state of chaos.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Those aren't good jobs. He'd end up fired within a few years. If he lose him it will be unfortunate but I don't see him lasting very long with either of those teams. Hopefully he can recognize those aren't good situations for him to step into.
Teams that are doing well don't fire the HC. If you all want to delude yourself into believing Vic will turn down a HC position he has long coveted, fine, but that is not the facts.

If he is offered a HC position, he is gone. Hope he stays, but trying to convince yourself he will turn down a position he has wanted for years because it isn't with a Super Bowl contender is sorta silly.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Anybody who shares a name with Victor Ashley is clearly a winner. Teams would be stupid not to be lining up to interview this guy, imo.

swz01

Liked Posts:
Teams that are doing well don't fire the HC. If you all want to delude yourself into believing Vic will turn down a HC position he has long coveted, fine, but that is not the facts.

If he is offered a HC position, he is gone. Hope he stays, but trying to convince yourself he will turn down a position he has wanted for years because it isn't with a Super Bowl contender is sorta silly.

He can accept it all he wants, but he'll end up fired in 2 years. If he wants to go out failing as a HC instead of winning a Super Bowl as DC of the Bears, then so be it. Both those teams have major QB problems and no resources to address them. Vic has no pedigree to attract a top OC who can develop a QB. The best aspiring OC candidates will want to work under Reid, Nagy, Payton, McVay, etc because they know it will fast track them to a HC position.

He really needs a situation with an solid veteran franchise QB and a defense in shambles. Keenum and Tannehill are both mediocre to bad.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He can accept it all he wants, but he'll end up fired in 2 years. If he wants to go out failing as a HC instead of winning a Super Bowl as DC of the Bears, then so be it. Both those teams have major QB problems and no resources to address them. Vic has no pedigree to attract a top OC who can develop a QB. The best aspiring OC candidates will want to work under Reid, Nagy, Payton, McVay, etc because they know it will fast track them to a HC position.
LOL, and in your worst case scenario he would be hired within days of his firing as a HC, as a DC for any number of teams. Everyone saying he will turn down HC job x,y,or z are just being stupid.

swz01

Liked Posts:
LOL, and in your worst case scenario he would be hired within days of his firing as a HC, as a DC for any number of teams. Everyone saying he will turn down HC job x,y,or z are just being stupid.

He's going on 61 don't think he has more than 3-4 years at most left coaching assuming he wants to enjoy a retirement.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He's going on 61 don't think he has more than 3-4 years at most left coaching assuming he wants to enjoy a retirement.
Sure.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

You know what he wants in retirement, and what he wants before he gets there too?

How do you know these things?

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yea...so Fangio only interviewed for a HC job each time he had an opportunity..even as recently as last year only to turn it down once it's finally offered? Yea...I don't think so. If he gets a HC gig, he's gone and we should all be happy for him

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
like ive said before, hes been a hell of a dc for a long time now and has interviewed a number of times without getting a HC gig. i just dont think teams view him as hc material after interviewing him. which is good for us. plus i dont think hes really that motivated to be a hc, even more so now, he seems to like what he has going.

but losing staff is what happens when you have a winning team and its why ive always preferred the HC to be o minded and the play caller. that way thats one guy youll never lose. and its much easier to get a defense back in step after losing a dc than it is an o after losing an oc.

i really hope vic remains a bear though. if not, unless theres someone internally that vic highly recommends, id like the bears to see how interested rex ryan is in getting back into coaching. maybe coaching D in chicago might entice him.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I wish that fucking idiot, Ryan Pace would get some job offers

12-4. Great call this year. You nailed it shit for brains.

All while Pace will very likely be named exec of the year.

It’s amazing how often the opposite of what you says happens, it’s a gift.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
This blows. There should be a freeze of any business during the playoffs to after the super bowl other than football games. These playoff coaches are pressured to interview when they should be preparing for football, just because the job might be gone by the time their season is over.

The black monday is fine, allowing the bad teams to interview first would also be fine, but all focus should be on the playoffs for the entire NFL.

Either way, the new norm is to hire that young offensive mind, so I dont think Vic is as hot a commodity as most people think. This Pederson Nagy matchup is showing what the league is turning into. Teams need an all defensive mind as the DC just to be able to concentrate on stopping this new nfl. You know, the kind where two linebackers run with their arms up and tap a QB in the chest and its 15 yards.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Are you suggesting men don’t coach beyond age 64 or 65 in the NFL ?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
This blows. There should be a freeze of any business during the playoffs to after the super bowl other than football games. These playoff coaches are pressured to interview when they should be preparing for football, just because the job might be gone by the time their season is over.

The black monday is fine, allowing the bad teams to interview first would also be fine, but all focus should be on the playoffs for the entire NFL.

Either way, the new norm is to hire that young offensive mind, so I dont think Vic is as hot a commodity as most people think. This Pederson Nagy matchup is showing what the league is turning into. Teams need an all defensive mind as the DC just to be able to concentrate on stopping this new nfl. You know, the kind where two linebackers run with their arms up and tap a QB in the chest and its 15 yards.

There are blackout periods in which teams cannot interview, and small windows of time where they can.

Unless you’re suggesting teams can’t interview ANY candidates, including guys not working for playoff teams.

That is a very long time for teams to go without a coach.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
12-4. Great call this year. You nailed it shit for brains.

All while Pace will very likely be named exec of the year.

It’s amazing how often the opposite of what you says happens, it’s a gift.
The days of they layup #calledit by going against anything Bears seems to have run their course. Can't teach an old dog, I mean really fucking ancient, like buried with a Pharaoh old dog, new tricks.

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
There’s only a few offensive minded coaches out there who are qualified for head coaching jobs. With 8 openings Vic may get an offer and if he does, he’ll take it even if it’s not the best situation.
If that happens the Bears may end up with Gregg Williams, he has history with Pace and fits the New Orleans North model Pace seems to be working from.
Of course, that would be only if the Browns were stupid enough to let him go, which makes it almost a sure thing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think he would leave this defense he built. Not everyone want's to be a HC. But I would not hate on him if he gets his shot at HC. Sucks for us but poaching will be common place for our staff now. Get used to it.
He's built a few and will build another. He does want to be a HC.