dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Bullard is not making the team this year.

This is who i was thinking about not making the 53 man cut this year. Now that RRH has been much better and add Nichols as well it might make Bullard expendable.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This is who i was thinking about not making the 53 man cut this year. Now that RRH has been much better and add Nichols as well it might make Bullard expendable.
Who are they cutting him for? He's still on his rookie contract btw...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
QB TRUBISKI, DANIEL

RB DAVIS, COHEN(PR), MONTGOMERY, Nall

WR ROBINSON, GABRIEL, MILLER, RIDLEY, WIMS, E HALL

TE BURTON, SHAHEEN, D RAYMOND, Braunecker

OL LENO, MASSIE, WHITEHAIR, DANIELS, LONG, LARSEN, SOWELL, BARS, FA swing tackle yet to be signed

DL HICKS, GOLDMAN, NICKOLS, RR HARRIS, BULLARD,

OLB MACK, FLYOD, LYNCH, IRVING, Fitts

ILB TREVATHON, SMITH, IYIEGBUNIWE, KWIATKOSKI

CB FULLER, AMUKAMORA, SKRINE, TOLIVER, SHELLEY, McManis

S JACKSON, HH DIX, BUSH, Houston-CARSON

K OPEN COMPETITION

P O’DONNELL

LS Scales

KR/RB/WR Patterson

PS Denmark, Whyte PR/RB, Betts, Bunting, Mustipher, Coward(nobody is going to poach our DT project so why not stash depth here), A. Anderson

Yours wasn't really bad...but I'd wager mine is 97% accurate even to practice squad.

Replace Nall with Whyte.
Bars goes to IR because i'm pretty sure he's not expected to be healthy for a while and that gives Heistand a year with him and for him to get 100%
Add Coward to OL
Cut Bullard
Sign a free agent OLB. S.Ray, C.Barwin, N.Perry, Dion Jordan on a cheap one year deal.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Who are they cutting him for? He's still on his rookie contract btw...

A OLB from free agency. I just mentioned some names i'd much rather have at OLB over Bullard a post up.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Replace Nall with Whyte.
Bars goes to IR because i'm pretty sure he's not expected to be healthy for a while and that gives Heistand a year with him and for him to get 100%
Add Coward to OL
Cut Bullard
Sign a free agent OLB. S.Ray, C.Barwin, N.Perry, Dion Jordan on a cheap one year deal.
Why?????

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
A OLB from free agency. I just mentioned some names i'd much rather have at OLB over Bullard a post up.
Current projected Defensive Line Depth chart

Left Defensive End
: Akiem Hicks | Nick Williams | Roy Robertson-Harris

Nose Tackle: Eddie Goldman | Abdullah Anderson

Right Defensive End: Bilal Nichols | Jonathan Bullard | Roy Robertson-Harris

I'm not seeing how Bullard is exactly expendable and replaceable with a FA OLB @dabears70

Were you thinking that Bullard played OLB?

I know he's not impressed as much as anticipated for a 3rd round pick (I guess) and he's had some people out play him but I'm not sure moving him to OLB and then cutting him is the answer, or an answer at all...

Can you please explain your thought process on this?

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
We keep 6 DL Take your pick from Anderson, Bullard and Williams, 1 will get cut. Williams is getting old is why I picked Bullard. We hopefully sign someone ( a DL ) as Bullard hasn't been kinda meh. We could still sign a free agent OLB. S.Ray, N.Perry, and be better off than Fitts, Betts

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
We keep 6 DL Take your pick from Anderson, Bullard and Williams, 1 will get cut. Williams is getting old is why I picked Bullard. We hopefully sign someone ( a DL ) as Bullard hasn't been kinda meh. We could still sign a free agent OLB. S.Ray, N.Perry, and be better off than Fitts, Betts
These seem like reasons why you WOULDN'T pick Bullard to be cut, no? Not old: check. Hasn't been "meh": check.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If that's the case he's going to need to be designated as one day one. He's already just been converted to CB from WR, gotta get the guy settled in.

At Valdosta State? A corner at Valdosta state bro where they have no real athletes....corner is the most important position for a defense without high talent up front, so they put him at corner and let him run with big WR's.

I really don't think his position at Valdosta State or wherever the fuck he came from pertains to the bears.

As we discussed some of the minor differences between Pagano and Fangio...other than Fangio being a renowned playcaller...Pagano likes to blitz more..and play big nickel.

Drafting a hyper athletic CB/S tweener to compliment his pair of traditional nickels (Skrine/Shelley)...to me was an indication he will be experimenting with

HaHa/Bush or HC/Jackson on the field at the same time.

I believe its these modern teams like the Patriots especially in the AFC...Chargers....Steelers also...who will pass on third and short. When you suspect Pass on third and short you want to play nickel...but Big Nickel compensates for the loss of a linebacker. Denmark will be pushed up close to the line of scrimmage where he can blitz or cover as a hybrid safety. imo

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
At Valdosta State? A corner at Valdosta state bro where they have no real athletes....corner is the most important position for a defense without high talent up front, so they put him at corner and let him run with big WR's.

I really don't think his position at Valdosta State or wherever the fuck he came from pertains to the bears.

As we discussed some of the minor differences between Pagano and Fangio...other than Fangio being a renowned playcaller...Pagano likes to blitz more..and play big nickel.

Drafting a hyper athletic CB/S tweener to compliment his pair of traditional nickels (Skrine/Shelley)...to me was an indication he will be experimenting with

HaHa/Bush or HC/Jackson on the field at the same time.

I believe its these modern teams like the Patriots especially in the AFC...Chargers....Steelers also...who will pass on third and short. When you suspect Pass on third and short you want to play nickel...but Big Nickel compensates for the loss of a linebacker. Denmark will be pushed up close to the line of scrimmage where he can blitz or cover as a hybrid safety. imo
Hey, you're preaching to the choir, you know I've always been a Big Nickelbro going way back to the old school.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Little tid bit...but I looked up Valdosta State and its smack in between a Church's Chicken and a Greyhound station.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
These seem like reasons why you WOULDN'T pick Bullard to be cut, no? Not old: check. Hasn't been "meh": check.
I picked to keep the younger Bulllard, sorry didn't make it clear, Williams getting old thou i'd keep my eyes open for a cut player.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is Kwiat a lock or might he be on the bubble?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Is Kwiat a lock or might he be on the bubble?
He's still the #3 ILB. And there are only 4 ILBs on the roster right now. Plus he's a core special teamer. Don't think there's any way he's on the bubble.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
QB TRUBISKI, DANIEL

RB DAVIS, COHEN, MONTGOMERY, PATTERSON, WHYTE Last yr carried 4 rd 1 FB

WR ROBINSON, GABRIEL, MILLER, RIDLEY, WIMS, E HALL

TE BURTON, SHAHEEN, BRAUNECKER, D RAYMOND

OL LENO, MASSIE, WHITEHAIR, DANIELS, LONG, COWARD, LARSEN, SOWELL, BARS

DL HICKS, GOLDMAN, NICKOLS, RR HARRIS, BULLARD, A ANDERSON

OLB MACK, FLYOD, LYNCH, IRVING, M BETTS

ILB TREVATHON, SMITH, IYIEGBUNIWE, KWIATKOSKI

CB FULLER, AMUKAMORA, SKRINE, TOLIVER, SHELLEY, DENMARK

S JACKSON, HH DIX, BUSH, CARSON

K JOHN BARRON II

P O’DONNELL

Kick it around and post your thoughts and what would you change

your at 53 without a LS
i like bars but he most likely gets put on IR and basically focuses on strength and wt training
denmark is too raw to make the 53 man roster, shelley could compete with joseph and franklin III but i think joseph wins the spot and the other spot to mcmannis
the betts vs fitts show will be a fun one to watch...

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
Fitts had a good combine while Betts passes the eye test more for me, should be interesting. Denmark boom or bust very raw but very freaky thinking he has a higher ceiling than Joseph, again an interesting battle

Last edited: