Spartan's heart will explode before 60.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Smoking a pork butt but having a hard time getting the internal temp above 190. It stalled early for several hours at 145. Strange piece of meat...

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Doing this 2nite

I like the sound of this. Love one pan dinners, and I've been eating a lot of thighs. Usually rolled with asparagus, havarti, and ham inside, then a boatload of baked garlic broccoli thrown in.

This sounds like worth a try.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I like the sound of this. Love one pan dinners, and I've been eating a lot of thighs. Usually rolled with asparagus, havarti, and ham inside, then a boatload of baked garlic broccoli thrown in.

This sounds like worth a try.
I added thin sliced potatoes, leeks and a little more vinegar to it because the sauceyness sounded like german potato salad. Also I only had 3/4 cabbage left in the fridge so wanted enough heft underneath the chicken to keep the skin above the braise.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Spartan's heart will explode before 60.
I'll keep you abreast and let you know if it does. What people think of fat causing such problems is really just more hogwash they've been brainwashed with. It's insulin, not fat, that causes heart problems. The bulk of the cholesterol in our bodies is made by the body itself cause it is necessary for energy and overall health. Even when people make an attempt to lower their cholesterol w/their eating habits, the body will compensate when need be and produce even more when it senses any cells need more.

Just had more of the same meal about 30 minutes ago. 6 scrambled eggs, 1 fried, bacon and salmon.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Incredible Edible Egg®
Is it cage free? Free range? Pasture raised? Anymore, it's not just if this or that food is good for ya but does it come from a good source. No denying the egg is nutrient rich but how much better is one source from the other? The best eggs I've had come from a work colleague of my wife's who has her own chickens and gets all her eggs from them. You can really tell the difference in both the color of the yolk and the taste.

Last edited:

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, I will agree with Spartan on this, fresh farm eggs are noticeably better than commercial eggs in many ways. We buy all of ours from a vendor at a local farmer's market. I used to sell them, too (same farm) when I was in the grocery business. Eggs like these are one of the food items I believe are worth the extra money. And you are supporting farms or at least smaller producers.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have 4 Rhode Island reds and 3 Bantaam / wyandotte mix. This keeps us with fresh eggs everyday, most of the time. A friends son, sells the chemicals they use at egg producing farms. If you knew what they give these chickens to lay eggs you would never buy the cheap white eggs at the store again.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Had a nice steak for dinner tonight. Finally grilling weather is coming

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Tried Wendy's Peppercorn Mushroom Melt.

Not bad for a fast food burger.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Tuna melt on low carb bread.

Friday fare.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Platter with blackened grouper, fried snapper, and deep fried soft shell crab from my local seafood purveyor.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At my favorite Mexican restaurant (sadly not outdoors...too cold) having a Gran Marnier margarita on the rocks, leaning towards chile relleno platter or enchiladas.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
cheeseburger, salmon. Both cooked in bacon grease and really good. Bunch of spinach and butter melted over both the spinach and salmon.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Asian baked chicken

1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces, im just using chicken thighs tonight.
3 tablespoons chopped onion
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1 tablespoon sesame oil
  1. To Marinate: Arrange chicken pieces in a 9x3 inch baking dish. In a small bowl combine the onion, soy sauce, sesame oil ,ginger, garlic and honey; mix together and spoon mixture over chicken. Cover dish and refrigerate to marinate for 1 hour or longer if you desire.
  2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
  3. Bake chicken at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Turn pieces over and top with green onion, then continue baking for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is tender and cooked through and juices run clear. Serve immediately.
  4. NOTE: you can add pineapple chucks or mango chunks
  5. for a Hawaiiian flavor if you so desire.
  6. Easy Peezie

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Asian baked chicken

1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces, im just using chicken thighs tonight.
3 tablespoons chopped onion
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1 tablespoon sesame oil
  1. To Marinate: Arrange chicken pieces in a 9x3 inch baking dish. In a small bowl combine the onion, soy sauce, sesame oil ,ginger, garlic and honey; mix together and spoon mixture over chicken. Cover dish and refrigerate to marinate for 1 hour or longer if you desire.
  2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
  3. Bake chicken at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Turn pieces over and top with green onion, then continue baking for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is tender and cooked through and juices run clear. Serve immediately.
  4. NOTE: you can add pineapple chucks or mango chunks
  5. for a Hawaiiian flavor if you so desire.
  6. Easy Peezie

Come on LOU give them credit, it does sound great.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/15005/baked-asian-style-honey-chicken/

5941214.jpg

I have never used fresh ginger, I keep hearing about how much better it is than the powdered crap, I just never remember to get the fresh stuff.