What current Bear could Pace trade to move up in the draft?

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I was looking at the Bears roster to see who Pace could use in a trade to improve draft position. I could only come up with two guys who the Bears might be willing to send off, and (more importantly, since this is CCS) who other NFL teams might find useful....Kyle Long and Danny Trevathan.

I think Long would make the most sense. He has two years left on his contract that are relatively 'team-friendly', with the second year being a team-option year. He is a good player when healthy, and NFL teams are always looking for quality OL guys. I could see a contending team or a team who is trying to develop a young QB have interest in acquiring Long.

Trevathan is in the last year of his deal, and at $6.4M he's not necessarily a bargain. I'm not sure if Trevathan is a good enough player for an NFL team to want him for essentially a rental season. But he did start all 16 games last year, so his value is probably at its highest. He is productive, and a team that wants to develop a 'tough' image would do well in acquiring Trevathan.

Would you be sad to see either player leave?

Of the two you listed Danny T is the only one you could trade for another 3rd rounder and the only way they make that deal is if Iggy is ready to step into a starting role or if they identify someone in the draft that could do the same. I'd deal RRH if he could fetch a 3rd to 5th rounder.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Hahaha you dummies just can't stop thinking about me. It must suck that your trolling doesn't work on me which is obvious cause you dummies just can't help yourselves from posting about me and i haven't even been on here for over 12 hours.

mammalspod

Liked Posts:
So sacks are the only stat that matter for an OUTSIDE LINEBACKER. Run support, setting the edge, coverage, hurries, and QB Hits don't exist. You, Sir are a Footbaw genius.
No, sacks are not all that matters, but when you are drafted in the top ten as an undersized edge speed rusher with questions about your edge setting ability, and go half a season with zero sacks, you are officially a buster.

mammalspod

Liked Posts:
So sacks are the only stat that matter for an OUTSIDE LINEBACKER. Run support, setting the edge, coverage, hurries, and QB Hits don't exist. You, Sir are a Footbaw genius.
If you prefer, sir, please inquire as to Leonard Floyd's Pro Football Focus play grades and make sure you let all those guys that they are also genuises (Spoiler Alert: Floyd sucks)

mammalspod

Liked Posts:
I'd honestly put Trubisky on the block for a first. The rookie contract would get a first for sure. He is solid, but not the future of the franchise.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hahaha you dummies just can't stop thinking about me. It must suck that your trolling doesn't work on me which is obvious cause you dummies just can't help yourselves from posting about me and i haven't even been on here for over 12 hours.
Hey @dabears70 i just have one quick question: do you ever shut the fuck up?

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If you have a team ready to contend why break it up? Our talent at every position is on par with the rest of the NFL and in several cases superior. Granted I haven't been following the draft as closely as years past but I don't see anyone the Bears really really need. So in answer to the original question - no one.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
First off there were suggestions to trade all those players in the thread. Second, did you read my post? Because you’re stupid reply makes it seem like you didn’t. I said that I wouldn’t trade any of them expect Long IF we drafted a player at #87 that could come in and start at G/C. Not because I don’t like Long, but because he is constantly hurt, and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. But keeping being a jack ass.
Well, before you start calling me names, maybe you should go back and read again .... 3 posters prior to your post mentioned RRH and Nichols, and I was one of them. All 3 suggested we should NOT trade those players .... read again pal.

Furthermore, the only stupid thing that was said was suggesting we trade Long. You fukin idiots are quick to insult, but you are wrong. Lastly, if the Bears trade Long after he re did his contract, it would look extremely bad on the Bears in the locker room. The Bears have done everything right with their players. But hey carry on the CCS ignorance if you want.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well, before you start calling me names, maybe you should go back and read again .... 3 posters prior to your post mentioned RRH and Nichols, and I was one of them. All 3 suggested we should NOT trade those players .... read again pal.

Furthermore, the only stupid thing that was said was suggesting we trade Long. You fukin idiots are quick to insult, but you are wrong. Lastly, if the Bears trade Long after he re did his contract, it would look extremely bad on the Bears in the locker room. The Bears have done everything right with their players. But hey carry on the CCS ignorance if you want.

?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

You are quite emotional and unhinged...also I don't think it would look bad on the Bears if they traded long, especially if it netted a pick in this years draft.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
They have the Bears trading Trevathon in this article. I could see why they would do it but he's a really big part of why our defense was so good. I love Roquan and think he's gonna be great but losing Trevathon would be tough.

People forget when Trevathen went down with an injury the year before last, it completely changed our D. Besides that, Trev and Roquan might be the best ILB combo in the game. They are both great in coverage and are like heat seeking missiles out there. Sure don't know why some Bears fans would want to change that.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
I think Leonard Floyd makes the most sense. Bears fans seem to think he plays well, which is crazy for a guy who was traded up for to draft in the top ten, and didn't get his first sack until halfway through the year when Fangio schemed an inside stunt for him. Even though he plays bad, some NFL team might be hungry enough to try for an edge rusher to give up a high 3rd for him. I doubt he could get us a second, though.
I actually agree with you on this somewhat. I like Floyd, and I still think Pagano will get the most out of him, but if Pace could trade our 3rd and Floyd and move up to get a Burns or Sweat kind of player, I could see that as a possibility, as long as we're staying on topic.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
People forget when Trevathen went down with an injury the year before last, it completely changed our D. Besides that, Trev and Roquan might be the best ILB combo in the game. They are both great in coverage and are like heat seeking missiles out there. Sure don't know why some Bears fans would want to change that.

Yeah it would definitely hurt us next year to be without him even though i think Roquan is an absolute beast but i guess if you look at it in the eyes of a GM (R.Pace) then trading him now and getting something for him might not be the worst idea just because we most likely won't be able to re-sign him after this year with our cap and other guys like Whitehair and Floyd needing new contracts. So for me i wouldn't want to trade him because we have a chance of being a really good team again next year but if they did i could understand why.