What if Adam Shaheen Comes Back and Is a Dud?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Do we consider drafting a TE next year?

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
They have Burton so I guess it depends on what they see in Braunecker? I would think they'd wait at least one more year with him though. Maybe 2020 draft?

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Have they released any idea of when he may hit the field for active roster on game day? Know it's two weeks now and he wasn't listed as LP this week if IIRC.

And I'm not sure on the main question. I don't expect him to be a dud either. If he is, may take another off season to draft someone. Usually takes 2 years for a TE to come into his own and know what you have in them. Mix in his injury this year, the low div school, and it sets that back a little. I really like what I've seen from him in limited exposure.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He looked great in 2017 in his short time playing but we still need a blocking TE not a catching tight end.

Daniel Brown, Ben B., And Adam Shaheen can all catch but can they block?

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
He looked great in 2017 in his short time playing but we still need a blocking TE not a catching tight end.

Daniel Brown, Ben B., And Adam Shaheen can all catch but can they block?

Can you block?

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:

No. This is his second season in the NFL, coming from a small program, but with lots of upside. John Fox/Loggains were autistic, and refused/didn't know how to use him. This is his FIRST year in HC Matt Nagy's offense.... where all TE are asked to to play the "U" or move TE position. If he's struggling this time next year, and there are no injuries, then I could see this being a thought to ponder. Right now though, Nagy/Helfrich get to finally use their ace set personnel, that we were starting to see in the preseason. Expect to see shotgun/pistol sets with both Shaheen, and Burton, both on the field. This will be hard to gauge defensively. You still have Allen Robinson to double, Taylor Gabriel will still command having a safety help out over top, and Burton being a mismatch problem for anyone who has to cover him. Now with that said, factor in Shaheen's receiving ability into that. And having to also worry about Howard/Cohen as well. This stretch of games, is where we will start to see what Matt Nagy probably wanted to install from the beginning of the season.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
What if Adam Shaheen Comes Back and Is a Dud?

There maybe just enough games this season to determine if he's a dud, but this is only his 2nd season and he's considered a project.

In his last 4 or so games he was considered at least serviceable at blocking and receiving, so it would have to be his injury that would make him a dud.

But if he's a dud, it would partly come down to what they think of Braunecker and Brown. I hope they keep giving Braunecker Sims' snaps so we can see how much he's improved his blocking. Unlike Brown, Braunecker has the size/strength to be a lead blocker and endzone target.

Brown is a decent receiver who can backup Burton and what he does, to a degree. It would be interesting to see Mitch pitch a ball to Brown up the middle, but hopefully they won't have to try it.

If they don't think much of
Braunecker by the end of the year, I don't think Bears would pass on a BPA TE.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
No... you have an elite defense... you stock up and develop players to protect it.

My guess is a solid corner for nickel and dime situations to step in as a backup to any player that goes down

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No... you have an elite defense... you stock up and develop players to protect it.

My guess is a solid corner for nickel and dime situations to step in as a backup to any player that goes down

we have gone up the primrose path by overloading on defense in the past. In case you haven't noticed, guy, today's NFL requires an offense!

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Shaheen is a inline TE. Exactly what we need right now. I'm not thinking fail.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
humor me, buddy. I am about risk management

Big body RZ threat. We don't have one. Inline blocking help too. New dimension to our offense. Nagy can get creative. Want our draft pics to work out. All funny stuff.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I do too but I consider it Chicago Bears Stockholm Syndrome when an injured player's return gets overhyped, he usually ends up sucking

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
btw what does your username mean?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Is he even a fit in the Nagy system? I'd be willing to see what he has next season due to his injury this season. Burton/Shaheen/Braunecker would do saving that draft pick for more of weapon or O line- Without a 1 and 2 pick , I don't see us giving up on him after this season. That way our 3rd rounder can land a lineman or secondary player with starter capability

After next year? I would move on if he cant stay healthy or doesnt fit.

IMO- I dont think he sees much action this season to even form an opinion.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I do too but I consider it Chicago Bears Stockholm Syndrome when an injured player's return gets overhyped, he usually ends up sucking

I think playing is not his problem, it's injury's. The guy can be a good TE IMO if he can stay on the field.