What would the ideal offense for Cutler be?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Forte has been Cutler's outlet ever since he's been here. Without him...I would bet that he would've broken the single game INT total

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
And it was still Olsen. Which is why it made no sense to trade him. Now it's Marshall

We're talking about INT's though...Olsen was targeted on his INTs a significant amount during his time here. Forte wasn't.

And I'm much happier with Marty

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We dont have the type of running back for that. We need an AP, McCoy or even a Charles

or a gore, a lacy, a lynch, ect. ect.

What's funny is that both of you know that Forte is a top player. You rag on him purely as a futile attempt to get back at me for my comments on Cutler.

I don't know whether to be flattered or freaked out that I have so much power over you.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What's funny is that both of you know that Forte is a top player. You rag on him purely as a futile attempt to get back at me for my comments on Cutler.

I don't know whether to be flattered or freaked out that I have so much power over you.

Yeah thats clearly it. Gets Forte's dick out your ass and see if he compares to Peterson, McCoy or Charles. Its not a knock on Forte, Im not saying Special person shit like Forte cant win the big game, isnt likeable or calling for his backup because of whatever im just saying Forte isnt the defense will focus all their attention on him type of guy. Does the defense fear and respect him? Yeah but are they going to bring a safety in the box to completley gameplan against him from taking over the game? Doubtful

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Yeah thats clearly it. Gets Forte's dick out your ass and see if he compares to Peterson, McCoy or Charles. Its not a knock on Forte, Im not saying Special person shit like Forte cant win the big game, isnt likeable or calling for his backup because of whatever im just saying Forte isnt the defense will focus all their attention on him type of guy. Does the defense fear and respect him? Yeah but are they going to bring a safety in the box to completley gameplan against him from taking over the game? Doubtful

Forte is comparable to the top backs in the league. Cutler is comparable to guys who are around the mid to lower-mid starters in the league

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:

we can now add narcissist to one of your many flaws

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Forte is comparable to the top backs in the league. Cutler is comparable to guys who are around the mid to lower-mid starters in the league

Really? Please show. I know Forte has good numbers but compared to those three it's stretching. I remember mick having this argument before between Forte and Foster with Gundam or whatever his name was it Foster edged him on everything

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really? Please show. I know Forte has good numbers but compared to those three it's stretching. I remember mick having this argument before between Forte and Foster with Gundam or whatever his name was it Foster edged him on everything

PIB, did you overdose on coffee or something this morning?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

AP at his best is the only back in football that gets 100% of the defense's attention. Forte was close to that before the Bears got all these weapons. Even still in among that elite skill position group, he's still considered the centerpiece of the offense by most analysts, and going by last year it's obvious why. This offense is ideal for his game, and in his first year in it, his numbers eclipsed all the backs you mentioned except for Shady.

Yes, Forte does compare. He's a top 5 all purpose back.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
PIB, did you overdose on coffee or something this morning?

No. Im being serious. Its almost like saying Forte is the 5th to 7th best RB is a crime or some shit? I dont even see why it is making a few people butthurt

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

:facepalm2:

PIB...so you're not comparing him with Peterson, McCoy, Charles?

Whatever happened to Foster anyways?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
AP at his best is the only back in football that gets 100% of the defense's attention. Forte was close that before the Bears got all these weapons. Even still in among that elite skill position group, he's still considered the centerpiece of the offense by most analysts, and going by last year it's obvious why. This offense is ideal for his game, and in his first year in it, his numbers eclipsed all the backs you mentioned except for Shady.

You keep on bringing up analysis, all purpose back shit and comparisons without any proof. Also stop labeling the guy with that all purpose back shit, its more of an insult. Just say what you want to say; Forte is a top five rb. Its a respectable argument. As far as his first year under this offense I said he was gold but I was comparing careers not just last year. Like I said before Forte gets his respect but I see the others getting more and their numbers reflect that. Its not a bad thing bro

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
:facepalm2:

PIB...so you're not comparing him with Peterson, McCoy, Charles?

Whatever happened to Foster anyways?

What? Foster was hurt last year I believe

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
What? Foster was hurt last year I believe

I think Foster has tapped out.

Back to the original point...Forte is a top 5 back in the league...he can be compared to the top RB's at his position.

Cutler...not so much

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

Forte - 73.3 rushing yards/game, 4.3 yards/att, 32.1 receiving yards/game, 8.6 yards/rec, 5.07 yards/touch, 47 total TD's (.516/game)

McCoy - 74.0 yards/game, 4.8 yards/att, 28.7 rec yards/game, 7.8 yards/rec, 5.35 yards/touch, 49 Total TD's (.817/game) (.662/game)

Charles - 72.8 yards/game, 5.6 yards/att, 24.7 rec yards/game, 8.9 yards/rec, 6.16 yards/touch, 43 total TD's (.878/game) (.538/game)

Peterson - 98.2 yards/game, 5.0 yards/att, 16.5 rec yards/game, 8.2 yards/rec, 5.28 yards/touch, 91 total TD's (.948/game) (.883/game)

Obviously Peterson is head and shoulders above the rest, but in terms of yards per game and effectiveness on a per touch basis Forte has production that can keep up with the top 3 backs in the league...the only area where he has been lacking was in TD's but we saw this year that he can get in the endzone when he is actually used in the redzone. I'm not claiming he is as good or better than those 3, but he isn't far off either.

Note - I listed both the per game averages and per att/rec averages because not all entered the league at the same time and weren't the clear cut starters at the same time...so averaging it out helps us compare apples to apples. Don't want to have to go through another Guano debacle like I did in another thread and I also feel you are intelligent enough to understand that concept.

Edit - when I first did the TD's/game stat I used games started vs games...the figure in red is a true per game stat. The reason this is of note is because McCoy, Charles, and AP all were coming off the bench and scoring TD's at some point in their careers so using the games started figure inflated those numbers. but using total games can be argued that it deflates their numbers...so I wanted both listed. Forte has started every game so his number is the same regardless.

Last edited:

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
AP at his best is the only back in football that gets 100% of the defense's attention. Forte was close to that before the Bears got all these weapons. Even still in among that elite skill position group, he's still considered the centerpiece of the offense by most analysts, and going by last year it's obvious why. This offense is ideal for his game, and in his first year in it, his numbers eclipsed all the backs you mentioned except for Shady.

talfmx.jpg
talfmx.jpg
talfmx.jpg
talfmx.jpg

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls