Who would you rather take off IR, Fuller or White?

Provided both are healthy, who would you take off IR

• Fuller

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • White

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • It depends

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
For me, I would probably take Fuller given that we have to make a decision on his fifth year option this off season, but I would strongly prefer they move him to FS (enabling Amos to go to SS and allowing Hall/Callahan/Leblanc to man 1-3 CB slots), or at least test him as nickle back.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
White. I'd rather he didn't start next year coming off an injury again and he needs game reps. I want a positive off season for him instead of a 'bust' one. They know what they have in Fuller and why drive up his price? Fuller probably didn't need to be IR'd in the 1st place. I suspect he's only returning at the right price.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
I think White as it would be a bad thing for not giving him a chance to change the off-season talk.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Fuller. We need to solidify our CBs for next year. Our best DB is a 30 year old journeyman. If this team can turn it around next year it will happen because of the Defense.

White was easily replaced by a UFA. The guy broke trying to gain artifical speed for the draft. He's still young and can return next year and be productive but I have no doubt he will ever be worth a #7 pick.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
White needs the reps. Of course, he could be getting a new QB and new offense next year so maybe it doesn't matter much. Fuller will get a fresh shot next year, but I'd rather see Hall out there getting reps at CB.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
For me, I would probably take Fuller given that we have to make a decision on his fifth year option this off season, but I would strongly prefer they move him to FS (enabling Amos to go to SS and allowing Hall/Callahan/Leblanc to man 1-3 CB slots), or at least test him as nickle back.

We just talked about this like a week ago in another thread and i chose Fuller cause our bigger need is obviously in the secondary.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
White needs the reps. Of course, he could be getting a new QB and new offense next year so maybe it doesn't matter much. Fuller will get a fresh shot next year, but I'd rather see Hall out there getting reps at CB.

I really was hoping we'd have Hall back for this Bucs game cause we have nobody with good length to cover M.Evans and it would of been nice to have Fuller back as well. Everybody play M.Evans in all your daily fantasy games cause he's gonna go nuts on us and i think Alshon will also have a good game and it will most likely be their rookie Hargreaves covering him.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Connor Shaw. It would be nice to see what we do or don't have in Shaw. He could be a legit long term backup/place holder for a rookie.

It's obviously an extreme long shot he's anything more but it would be hilarious if the Browns passed on two franchise level QBs in 1 offseason and the Bears almost accidentally fell into 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DC

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuller. White is made of glass and getting slower.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Fuller for sure. His contract's up after this year and we still don't know what we have in him. It'd be great for the Bears to see him play the last bit of the season and see if it's worth keeping him around. White's still guaranteed 2 more years under his rookie contract so it's not the most pressing need. It'd be good for finding if it's worth keeping Alshon, but at the same time, the decision on AJ shouldn't be on whether White's good or not. They need to keep their own and develop talent internally.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
White for me. I've seen enough of Fuller that I don't think he's an answer as a starting CB in any kind of man-based scheme. I already prefer Hall and Callahan. Fuller to me is a cover 2 corner or a FS.

White's inevitable loss of a step might have taken away anything remotely special about him, but I'd like to see him play a bit more to know.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
White.

LeBlanc has been surprisingly good as a starting corner. He's not getting picked on and when they've tried he's usually right there for the pass breakup. I'd rather White get some confidence. I'm pretty convinced Fuller won't live up to his spot at this point. I hope I'm wrong though.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
White. He was drafted to be a building block for this team. Assuming he is healthy enough to play, he needs to be on the field. Fuller is nothing more than a complimentary player for the D and the Bears know that. White hasn't even had the opportunity between the injuries. Just when it looked like he was getting comfortable and going, he had an injury.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
White needs to have a future on this team.

I am not sure that Fuller does.

I would take White off and hope he can develop over the last 4 games.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I love this question. Because it's not just a hypothetical. We do have to choose.

Everyone can say who they'd select -- but if we're considering who Fox (&Pace) would select, I think some are still amusingly considering FoxPace wants to lose games for a better draft pick (which they aren't considering), or that winning in 2016 isn't a top priority (it is). These jobs are hotseat.

To Win More 2016 Games: Fuller

The health of Fuller and White is going to play the major factor, but if they were both ready to go, without a reasonable concern that this return would cause re-injury, then I think there's no question the team needs Fuller way more than White. Meredith & company is more sufficient than our CBs without Fuller (Callahan, Hall, Tracy injured).

Assessing for 2017: White

We don't need to see more of Fuller. We know what we have with him.

We haven't seen enough of White yet. If White comes back, and lights it up, Bears don't have to overpay Jeffery. We have a need that Jeffery can fill, but not at all-costs. If White is perfectly healthy but is hapless, then our need for Jeffery increases.

Good Guess: You just have to watch White's last college year to see he has a lot more skills than speed, along with excellent size, strength & jumping ability. If he can stay healthy, he'll produce. His bones are the concern, not his ability.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Stop me if you've heard me say this before... but I see Fuller as an Ike Taylor type.

Fuller is tough and athletic enough, he's just not super anything... he's not a Pro Bowler, but so-what?

I think Fuller will SLOWLY improve every year, being a decent CB. A tough and smart player with a long career.

Fuller as FS: I don't know if I'd coax him there. I don't know if he'd be more valuable to the Bears at FS. But I think there's a good chance he would excel at FS.

At 6'0" 190lbs, he's a little slight, but he's tough, good tackler and not afraid of contact. I don't know if his Interceptions would magically increase with a move to FS. But he's a smart player with good speed and ball skills... Could he be excellent at diagnosing plays and nab some picks? I don't know.

If two CBs are out there doing really well (which I don't see happening 2016), I think the Bears should try Fuller at FS. Fuller's played Whip LB & Nickel. If he's up to speed on how to play it, it can't hurt. So we'd sit Quartely or Amos for a few games, so what? They aren't lighting it up.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd like to see Fuller if it came down to that choice only because I think that White will not be able to show much after his injury. He need to really heal and they have full control of him for awhile so let him heal and show up to camp ready to compete.

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuller. With a better pass rush I'd love to see him play again. White made me want to vomit.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah I don't have any real reason to want to see White on the field. Would rather have Fuller back.