Why do Bears fan expect Trubisky to be Aaron Rodgers after 2 years???

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why are some Trubs fans so sensitive?

Southside

Liked Posts:
Trubisky is criticized because he went before Mahomes and Bears wouldn't have had to trade up for Mahomes either. Plus people would like to see Mahomes with our defense. I dont hate Trubisky, but I don't see how Trubiskians can just gloss over the fact that he went before Mahomes IN THE SAME DRAFT!!!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky is criticized because he went before Mahomes and Bears wouldn't have had to trade up for Mahomes either. Plus people would like to see Mahomes with our defense. I dont hate Trubisky, but I don't see how Trubiskians can just gloss over the fact that he went before Mahomes IN THE SAME DRAFT!!!

Crying over spilled milk is for pussies....you have what we have. No use in bitching about it.

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:

Who gives a f$&& about Mahomes. Him and Mitch are in two totally different scenarios. Mahomes sat for a year and is taking over a 13-3 team with an offense already built. Mitch is starting from scratch. Anyone with any sort of IQ would know this

Jawbreaker

Liked Posts:

Good post. Trubs may end up being good but Mahomes was the pick of the litter.

Mahomes is quickly becoming the face of the league and is on track to be a surefire Hall of Famer if he stays healthy. We had a chance to get him and passed. The fact that our QB may end up being “good” does not excuse the fact that we passed on a QB that has a good chance of being “great”.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why are some Trubisky critics ignorant?

It takes all kinds

Don't know. You should go ask that question in a thread they started.

However it is Trubs fans getting emo here.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Umm Trubisky would likely have even better stats in KC than he does in Chicago.

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:

Mahomes is quickly becoming the face of the league and is on track to be a surefire Hall of Famer if he stays healthy. We had a chance to get him and passed. The fact that our QB may end up being “good” does not excuse the fact that we passed on a QB that has a good chance of being “great”.

I would pump the Brakes on all this. Derek Carr was considered the new face of the NFL 3 years ago and look at him now . There is still a lot of football to be played before it’s determined who the pick of the liter is.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I would pump the Brakes on all this. Derek Carr was considered the new face of the NFL 3 years ago and look at him now . There is still a lot of football to be played before it’s determined who the pick of the liter is.

Maybe you should take the same wait and see approach with your praise of Trubisky...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't know. You should go ask that question in a thread they started.

However it is Trubs fans getting emo here.

Just a hypothetical...your definition of emo is lacking....

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I don’t have to I’m a bears fan. I’ll always be optimistic about a player on this team because I want them to be successful

I have no emotional investment in any other team

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I don’t have to I’m a bears fan. I’ll always be optimistic

I have no emotional investment in any other team

So according to you, you can't be a Bears fan and still be realistic? Only slappies allowed?

Be as optimistic as you want...just don't whine when others want to remain with feet on the ground...

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Give me an example of when I was not realistic or “grounded”?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
good post. Trubs may end up being good but mahomes was the pick of the litter.

Mahomes is quickly becoming the face of the league and is on track to be a surefire hall of famer if he stays healthy. We had a chance to get him and passed. The fact that our qb may end up being “good” does not excuse the fact that we passed on a qb that has a good chance of being “great”.

stfu

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Give me an example of when I was not realistic or “grounded”?

The OP. It is entirely fair for anyone to be criticized if their play is lacking. Stop getting emo because people evaluate a QB based on how well they played in a single game.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

You dont think its systemic? Put mahomes on the bears last season and how does he do?

I reserve the kind of judgement you're making for several years down the road.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mahomes>Trubisky until he's not. Why have a problem with that? Mitch needs to get his throws down better before he can compete. I suspect the staff fucked him up more than helped him by tweaking. He threw the ball better in college and still does on the run. They'll figure it out and I expect great things next year but it isn't real until it happens. As it stands right now, he makes enough plays and challenges a D in enough ways to keep them honest.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I've said he SOMETIMES is as inaccurate as Bortles..or Tebow. I have been NOT said he is always like them.

Why do Bears fan exaggerate and distort what others say just to make them feel better about their QBs serious accuracy issues?

If you have ever invoked the name Tebow when discussing Trubisky, you should refrain from further comment.

Nobody is exaggerating. When Trubisky recently threw for 300, ran for over 100, no turnovers, and won the game, his play was described as "terrible". That is flat out idiotic.