Liked Posts:

"Flick the booger" -Peyton Manning on playing QB

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Have they investigated him on his HGH use?

FoCo

Liked Posts:
cbV1iCi.jpg

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Here's why Don Beebe is the GOAT WR:

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Has there ever been a QB that was sheltered his whole career with more talent than Manning?
Nonsense. Manning was stuck with very mediocre defenses every year and a very weak head coach in Indy.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Thanks. You have nothing left to live for.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I used to think that Peyton was the best QB of all time. With may different offensive coordinators and players around he always had his team with 10+ wins. He often dragged a bottom half defense into the playoffs where they were often the teams undoing. He also took the whole pre-snap diagnosis and audible world to another level, which actually changed what good QBs are asked to do.

The way I see Peyton as being in the conversation of the 'best' is because so much of his teams end result disproportionately sat on his shoulders. Often he was the OC/QB playing with a sub par defense. In short he had a lot on his plate and consistently performed very well.

I completely respect Tom Brady and think he's amazing, but I'm not a fan of the whole 'count the rings' argument. For me it's just an over-simplified way to approach the discussion. A Superbowl is a team accomplishment, so it's unfair for say one player 'won' the Superbowl. Let's look at Tom's Superbowls:

• 2001 - 20-17 win over the Rams - Tom was a respectable 16/27 for 145 yards with 1 TD and 0 Ints. He was the MVP despite Ty Law having a pick 6 and Vinetieri being perfect. A. Smith also had 92 yards running.
  • 2004 - 32-29 win over the Panthers - Brady was great. 32/48 for 354 yards. 3 TDs and 1 Int. - It should be noted that this win was part of the destroyed 'Spygate' tapes which the team was punished for.
  • 2005 - 24-21 win over my Eagles - Brady was very good. 23/33, 237 yards, 2 TDs and 0 Ints. - It should be noted that this win was part of the destroyed 'Spygate' tapes which the team was punished for.
  • 2014 - 28-24 win over the Seahawks - Brady was very good again. 37/50, 328 yards, 4 TDs and 2 Ints. He did a great job slicing up the 'Legion of Boom', but let's not forget if Malcolm Butler isn't in an excellent and pick off that ball on the goaline or if Seattle successfully runs the ball Tom has no ring for his great performance.
  • 2016 - 43/62 - 466 yards, 2 TDs and 1 int. Amazing performance by Brady, but this was also the Superbowl that the Falcon's mismanaged the clock. Brady did his part, but he didn't win a Superbowl on his own.
  • 2018 - 21/35, 262 yards, 0 TD and 1 Int. Not great, but the Rams offensive scheme was horrible (or the Pat's defensive scheme was great). All the same it's not like he put the team on his back and 'won' a Superbowl. Big team effort.
I'd add his best individual playoff game ended in a Superbowl loss. His 505 yard, 3 TD with 0 Ints was the best Superbowl performance by a QB ever, regardless of the outcome. We shouldn't take away from that great individual performance because the team didn't win the game.