Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Last edited:

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I guess it's "nonsense" that Gonzalez was on IR. So no he wasn't a bust.

I already said he wasn't a bust. Can you not read? Gonzalez was on IR...cool! Guys on IR are carrying the franchise, not Manning!

I guess it's "nonsense" that Reggie Wayne almost reached 1000yds, working with 3 slug Qb's.

Its nonsense because I already posted the exact same thing, and you keep repeating it as if it negates my point. What is wrong with you? Is a WR who "almost reached" (LOL) 1000 yards producing at an elite level? Of course not. Wayne produced at an elite level with Manning, he was merely above-average without Manning.

I forgot about how Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie played a vital role in Manning's success.

Austin Collie "played a vital role" in Manning's success??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AUSTIN COLLIE???????????!!!!!!!!!!!

I will make a perma-ban bet with you. When Peyton Manning gets enshrined (assuming the HOF selectors overlook the fact that he choked in the postseason and was a product of great teammates), I will bet you that Peyton Manning does not mention Austin Collie's name in his acceptance speech.

My point, obviously, was that Garcon and Collie were better than Gonzalez, which admittedly isn't saying much. It is amazing to wonder how different Peyton Manning's NFL career would have been had Austin Collie not pitched in with 1845 receiving yards in his 4 years with the Colts.

And that's what this is all about....Manning had lots of help from
decent to HOF players supporting him.
And that's the idea and/ or point to this conversation.
So NO, there's no "mitigation" of anything.

Good stuff. Tell me which QB in NFL history didn't get help from decent to HOF players supporting him. I guess there is Donovan McNabb, who got no help from anyone and when he left the team, the offense 'miraculously' got better. I also wonder if there are QBs who had lots of help from bad to terrible players, like how Brett Favre got a 1000-yard season from Bill Schroeder while handing off to Samkon Gado.

Good to know that (bolded by you for no apparent reason) the idea and/or point to this conversation was that at various times during his NFL career, Peyton Manning had other players who ran the ball and caught the ball.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I already said he wasn't a bust. Can you not read? Gonzalez was on IR...cool! Guys on IR are carrying the franchise, not Manning!

Its nonsense because I already posted the exact same thing, and you keep repeating it as if it negates my point. What is wrong with you? Is a WR who "almost reached" (LOL) 1000 yards producing at an elite level? Of course not. Wayne produced at an elite level with Manning, he was merely above-average without Manning.

Austin Collie "played a vital role" in Manning's success??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AUSTIN COLLIE???????????!!!!!!!!!!!

I will make a perma-ban bet with you. When Peyton Manning gets enshrined (assuming the HOF selectors overlook the fact that he choked in the postseason and was a product of great teammates), I will bet you that Peyton Manning does not mention Austin Collie's name in his acceptance speech.

My point, obviously, was that Garcon and Collie were better than Gonzalez, which admittedly isn't saying much. It is amazing to wonder how different Peyton Manning's NFL career would have been had Austin Collie not pitched in with 1845 receiving yards in his 4 years with the Colts.

Good stuff. Tell me which QB in NFL history didn't get help from decent to HOF players supporting him. I guess there is Donovan McNabb, who got no help from anyone and when he left the team, the offense 'miraculously' got better. I also wonder if there are QBs who had lots of help from bad to terrible players, like how Brett Favre got a 1000-yard season from Bill Schroeder while handing off to Samkon Gado.

Good to know that (bolded by you for no apparent reason) the idea and/or point to this conversation was that at various times during his NFL career, Peyton Manning had other players who ran the ball and caught the ball.

I guess it's "nonsense" that Gonzalez was on IR. So no he wasn't a bust.

You said:

I Say:
My point was overall you were belittling the guy. You made it seem like his whole career was garbage. But you never mentioned how being on IR might've effected his career.
So that's what I was alluding too. Yes, we can agree he wasn't a bust. Thanks.

run and shoot said:
I guess it's "nonsense" that Reggie Wayne
almost reached 1000yds, working with 3 slug Qb's.

You originally said.......
Rory Sparrow said:

****I think Harrison and Wayne would have been above-average WRs had they played on another team,****
but Manning made them elite.

Then here's what I said...
I have to respectfully disagree. Harrison is HOF, and Wayne was a excellent, smart wr. Many Qb's woulda gave their non-throwing arm to have wr's like Harrison & Wayne.
Look where they were drafted ( they were totally expected to perform at a very high level and they did).

And you can be sure these wr's helped the running game a lot and Manning.

So stop screaming about me repeating what you didn't say. Your above statements were meant to marginalize both **Harrison and Wayne as only being elite wr's with Manning and being above-avg. w/o him. ** Specifically Wayne.

Now my point with Wayne is that IMO, Wayne performed like an "elite wr" by almost getting 1000yds with 3 slug Qb's. That IMO was an "elite effort".

Of course, he would do better with a better Qb
( i.e. Manning). However, with those 3 slug Qb's, any other wr woulda' ended up with 4-500 yards maybe.
-----------
Rory Sparrow said:
....the Colts offense exploded because his absence gave more PT to Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie (remember him?), who were much more dynamic.
I said:
Ok so if you say "the Colts offense exploded " with the absence of Gonzalez and "more PT to Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie", then that means Manning had help. Thanks for bringing these 2 wr's to my attention. I forgot about how Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie played a vital role in Manning's success.
Pardon me for not saying "also played a vital role in Manning's success. " My overall point is Manning always had some pretty good wr's ( and at least one top wr). I see you didn't besmirch Garcon's role in helping Manning . Cool
------------
Tell me which QB in NFL history didn't get help from decent to HOF players supporting him.
Archie Manning for one. I can only imagine how well a
Russell Wilson woulda' done with wr's like Harrison and Wayne .

I'm not going to deal with the McNabb thing in this thread.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'll say this again for the record....P. Manning was a outstanding regular season Qb. A great regular season Qb. His regular season performances will put him in the HOF. This I already know . And also for the record....I like Manning.

Yes he was on the winning side of 2 Sb's. See my comments in post
>>> #54 just click it. Had Manning not been a great regular season Qb, but had the 2 SB's, he'd be probably viewed as Brad Johnson-type Qb.

Bottom line, great regular season Qb, average post season Qb
( see stats for playoff losses & SB)

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good God! Run and Shit may have just topped Remy. Worse thread ever

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Good God! Run and Shit may have just topped Remy. Worse thread ever

SilenceShithead.....you asked for it

I don't give a damn that you're a so-called "moderator" ( do not use your title to bully me by disrespecting my screen name as a poster). You and I have dealt with this before (and I tried to be private and courteous with you, as a moderator in the past about it).

I respect everyone's screen name here (until I'm disrespected). You don't like my responses fine ( I thought posters had a right to respectfully disagree with each other).
Anyway, call me a idiot, dumb, stupid or whatever. I'm good with it.

But....My screen name is Run and Shoot

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
All Mr. Tibbs up in here.

R&S, Silence's beverage of choice is a chardonnay tetra pack.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
SilenceShithead.....you asked for it

I don't give a damn that you're a so-called "moderator" ( do not use your title to bully me by disrespecting my screen name as a poster). You and I have dealt with this before (and I tried to be private and courteous with you, as a moderator in the past about it).

I respect everyone's screen name here (until I'm disrespected). You don't like my responses fine ( I thought posters had a right to respectfully disagree with each other).
Anyway, call me a idiot, dumb, stupid or whatever. I'm good with it.

But....My screen name is Run and Shoot
Dont compare Peyton Manning to Brad Johnson.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Dont compare Peyton Manning to Brad Johnson.

Here's what I said below (also see post #84 ):

Had Manning not been a great regular season Qb, but had the 2 SB's, he'd be probably viewed as Brad Johnson-type Qb.

This was a "What IF" comment (a supposition)
One where any SB Qb, w/o great reg. season stats might fit.

Last edited:

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Peyton is the greatest qb ever and comedic genius

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Eli will be looked back upon throughout history as being the better of the two if you can believe that.

You don't believe that

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Manning was great because he had extra brane space in his foreheads.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Archie Manning for one. I can only imagine how well a
Russell Wilson woulda' done with wr's like Harrison and Wayne .

First and foremost, I cannot read a posting that is (unnecessarily) long and is interspersed with quotes from you as well as text from you. Too confusing. It is like you have multiple personality disorder. "And here is what I said"..."and what I'm saying now is"...nonsense.

Since you continue to bold words for no apparent reason, I just skip over all the non-bolded words. It makes for a more enjoyable reading experience. I see that you are still stuck on trying to prove Reggie Wayne's 2011 season of 75/960/4 was an elite season because, now, you are saying that Wayne gave "elite effort" (bolded by you in original posting).

I was admittedly upset when you had the temerity to say, verbatim, "Austin Collie played a vital role in Manning's success", because I couldn't tell if you had misremembered who Austin Collie was, was unsure what the word 'vital' meant, or forgot how long and successful Peyton Manning's NFL career was. But this whole "elite effort" nonsense is just a pansy 'argument'... a product of too many participation trophies and preschool 'graduation' ceremonies. I have never had such a strong urge to reach through my computer monitor and slap someone in the face.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
First and foremost, I cannot read a posting that is (unnecessarily) long and is interspersed with quotes from you as well as text from you. Too confusing. It is like you have multiple personality disorder. "And here is what I said"..."and what I'm saying now is"...nonsense.

Since you continue to bold words for no apparent reason, I just skip over all the non-bolded words. It makes for a more enjoyable reading experience. I see that you are still stuck on trying to prove Reggie Wayne's 2011 season of 75/960/4 was an elite season because, now, you are saying that Wayne gave "elite effort" (bolded by you in original posting).

I was admittedly upset when you had the temerity to say, verbatim, "Austin Collie played a vital role in Manning's success", because I couldn't tell if you had misremembered who Austin Collie was, was unsure what the word 'vital' meant, or forgot how long and successful Peyton Manning's NFL career was. But this whole "elite effort" nonsense is just a pansy 'argument'... a product of too many participation trophies and preschool 'graduation' ceremonies. I have never had such a strong urge to reach through my computer monitor and slap someone in the face.

I have never had such a strong urge to reach through my computer monitor and slap someone in the face.

You get "slapped" in the face with the truth about what is specifically said by both parties .....and that makes u want to slap someone and wanna' call the truth "nonsense" . Gotcha' .

I see that you are still stuck on trying to prove Reggie Wayne's 2011 season of 75/960/4 was an elite season because, now, you are saying that Wayne gave "elite effort" (bolded by you in original posting). .

Wrong. You said elite season....not me. And that's why I always feel compelled to put my exact quoted statements in your face so we both can see the truth.

I said he gave a elite effort and played like a elite wr....given that he had to work with 3 slug Qb's click post >>>>#83 for accurate verification. Also see click post 83 to see how I corrected my Collie statement.
-------

Side note:
Mecha should be sending a gift basket to run and shoot for oviating his incredibly terrible posting.

Translation: 1) Disagree with Rory, and / or 2)accurately show him what what both parties really said in a quote equals....."incredibly terrible posting".
( italicized in this case for sarcasm)

Last edited:

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
You get "slapped" in the face with the truth about what is specifically said by both parties .....and that makes u want to slap someone and wanna' call the truth "nonsense" . Gotcha' .

Wrong. You said elite season....not me. And that's why I always feel compelled to put my exact quoted statements in your face so we both can see the truth.

I said he gave a elite effort and played like a elite wr....given that he had to work with 3 slug Qb's click post >>>>#83 for accurate verification. Also see click post 83 to see how I corrected my Collie statement.

See, this is what I mean about formatting. You quoted my post, then you quoted the last sentence again, then all you did is "respond" (loose term) to the last sentence. Why did you quote my post twice? Why did you not respond to anything else in my posting?

Then in the next part, you quote my post AGAIN with the Reggie Wayne stuff, and you "respond" (loose term) by saying "You said elite season, not me"....uh, right. I DID say that. In fact, I said that in the exact post you quoted. So why are you telling me what I said? Its just like when you quote your own post, and then rekey exactly what you said in your posting. I don't get it. Here is what I said about you in a different thread:

I've seen ransom notes that were more intelligible. Changing fonts, bolding words, quoting your previous postings and then typing the same thing immediately after your quoted posting, etc. I've never seen someone try so hard to make their posts look so bad. He's like Ally Sheedy in The Breakfast Club.

And the irony of all ironies is that you tell me to click post 83 to see how you "corrected" your Collie statement, and you didn't "correct" a damn thing!

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
See, this is what I mean about formatting. You quoted my post, then you quoted the last sentence again, then all you did is "respond" (loose term) to the last sentence. Why did you quote my post twice? Why did you not respond to anything else in my posting?

Then in the next part, you quote my post AGAIN with the Reggie Wayne stuff, and you "respond" (loose term) by saying "You said elite season, not me"....uh, right. I DID say that. In fact, I said that in the exact post you quoted. So why are you telling me what I said? Its just like when you quote your own post, and then rekey exactly what you said in your posting. I don't get it. Here is what I said about you in a different thread:

I've seen ransom notes that were more intelligible. Changing fonts, bolding words, quoting your previous postings and then typing the same thing immediately after your quoted posting, etc. I've never seen someone try so hard to make their posts look so bad. He's like Ally Sheedy in The Breakfast Club.

And the irony of all ironies is that you tell me to click post 83 to see how you "corrected" your Collie statement, and you didn't "correct" a damn thing!

I already explained why I used the quotes. To address exact points you made. For example, you implied that I said Wayne had a "elite season". That was not true. Then u turn around and ask why I re-qoute what u say. Becuse I'm showing exactly where u are wrong. Yeah, I did correct my Collie. Go back read what I said.

Rory here's a suggestion. Proofread what u write, make sure it's what you really wanna say. You you have a tendency toward skewing, misinterpreting, misrepresenting, and misquoting what a person says

Last edited:

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I already explained why I used the quotes.

You have no problem mindlessly repeating yourself over and over again about mundane items, but for something that is the entire crux of a multi-page thread, you now say "I already explained that"??!!! HUH???

For example, you implied that I said Wayne had a "elite season". That was not true.

Nope. I said Wayne did not have an elite season in 2011. Whatever you said, didn't say, said twice, said then corrected, etc. plays no part in my posting. I posted Wayne's stats, postseason honors, and said it wasn't an elite season. Your reply was that he gave "elite effort", which in some sense implies that you admit that Wayne didn't have an elite season.

Yeah, I did correct my Collie. Go back read what I said.

???

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You have no problem mindlessly repeating yourself over and over again about mundane items, but for something that is the entire crux of a multi-page thread, you now say "I already explained that"??!!! HUH???

Nope. I said Wayne did not have an elite season in 2011. Whatever you said, didn't say, said twice, said then corrected, etc. plays no part in my posting. I posted Wayne's stats, postseason honors, and said it wasn't an elite season. Your reply was that he gave "elite effort", which in some sense implies that you admit that Wayne didn't have an elite season.

???

I said:
Pardon me for not saying "also played a vital role in Manning's success. "

I other words Garcon and Collie were among the wr's who played
a vital role in Manning's success.

I explained all this in post #83

Your reply was that he gave "elite effort", which in some sense implies that you admit that Wayne didn't have an elite season.

Sigh.....what it implies is that his "elite effort" was relative to the
3 slug Qb's he had. Did u read where I said any other wr might've
had maybe 4-500yds. My problem stems from earlier posts where u seem to marginalize Wayne as a wr. You said he was a
"above-wr". Overall, IMO, he helped Manning, as much as, Manning helped him.
----------------

Just in case you didn't see this:
Rory here's a suggestion. Proofread what u write, make sure it's what you really wanna say. You you have a tendency toward skewing, misinterpreting, misrepresenting, and misquoting what a person says
Example:

Rory Sparrow said:
Which brings us to the obvious logical point...McNabb didn't have the worst offensive teammates in NFL history with the Eagles...

I had to correct u on this.
------
Finally...
TBH, I was more upset with run and shoot liking your post than anything you said.

Rory
Is this the real goal to all this? Lets bring the other poster down.

Last edited: