Will Cutler be the starter next year?

mecha

Liked Posts:
injuries. scheme. play. it's easy to see why they have just 2 wins. it's more difficult to comprehend why it's been a downgrade from last year's team.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This team has 2 wins.

Yes they do but i think we're a better team than a 2 win team and if we had Jay for those games we would have more wins and if we had E.Goldman, P.McPhee, K.Fuller, D.Trevathon, L.Floyd and L.Houston for all our games we would of been better as well and if we had J.Howard running from the get go we also would of been better and would have a better record. This team has had a lot of things go wrong in the first half of the year to have only 2 wins.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So what else do they need on offense besides a QB, TE and RT and on defense besides secondary help?? Now of course if your thinking is we need a pro bowler at every position then of course we need more but no team needs that.

They need a LT, RT, OLB, QB, WR(probably 2), CB, S, K, and PR. This team is a long way from being even a .500 team let alone a contender. IT is amazing to me how one decent game against a declining Vikings teams leads some people to "believe" that this team is not as far away from being decent as it really is.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
injuries. scheme. play. it's easy to see why they have just 2 wins. it's more difficult to comprehend why it's been a downgrade from last year's team.

The downgrade is offensively and it is likely that it will be worse next year. Look, they are going to lose Jeffrey and White has a huge hill to climb as his replacement let alone even being a decent NFL receiver. Then they are going to have what looks like is going to be a cluster fuck next year at QB. As in who starts and are they gonna draft a good rookie?

Couple that and the fact that they still lack a pass rush and have a depleted and injury prone secondary and next years team may not be much of an improvement over this years mess.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
I'd move on. We are 3-4 years ahead in rebuilding mode compared to the other teams in our division. We may be the easy favorite in 2-3 years while all those other teams are starting to rebuild. AP will be gone, Rodgers had taken a huge step backwards, and Stafford is getting older too.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Please, no. It's time to move on.

If Pace doesn't draft or trade for a new QB that will start next year, I'm not watching this team play in 2017. And by that, I mean, for months I'll swear up and down that I refuse to watch Bears football. Then 5 minutes before opening kickoff on opening day, I'll type, "NFL streams reddit" into Google. Don't judge me.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes they do but i think we're a better team than a 2 win team and if we had Jay for those games we would have more wins and if we had E.Goldman, P.McPhee, K.Fuller, D.Trevathon, L.Floyd and L.Houston for all our games we would of been better as well and if we had J.Howard running from the get go we also would of been better and would have a better record. This team has had a lot of things go wrong in the first half of the year to have only 2 wins.

And if your sister had a dick, she'd be your brother:)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd move on. We are 3-4 years ahead in rebuilding mode compared to the other teams in our division. We may be the easy favorite in 2-3 years while all those other teams are starting to rebuild. AP will be gone, Rodgers had taken a huge step backwards, and Stafford is getting older too.

We are "ahead" in rebuilding? Where are the Bears ahead? All three teams in the division are much better than the Bears right now and it is not like these teams are going to go away. Yeah, the Packers and Lions have older than average qbs but the Vikings do not. And the Bears have Jay Cutler who is worse than both Rodgers, and Stafford. What is to say that the Bears are going to find a young quarterback better than anyone that the others do? That is pipe-dreaming because the Bears have not found a good young quarterback since Jimmy Mac and the others have.

Plus, compare top level management to that of the fucking Bears. We have the brain dead McCaskey family and Ted fucking Phillips:(

Monster

Liked Posts:
I think he would fit BAs style in AZ.
He loves strong arm QBs...
I think Jay would like that as well.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We are "ahead" in rebuilding? Where are the Bears ahead? All three teams in the division are much better than the Bears right now and it is not like these teams are going to go away. Yeah, the Packers and Lions have older than average qbs but the Vikings do not. And the Bears have Jay Cutler who is worse than both Rodgers, and Stafford. What is to say that the Bears are going to find a young quarterback better than anyone that the others do? That is pipe-dreaming because the Bears have not found a good young quarterback since Jimmy Mac and the others have.

Plus, compare top level management to that of the fucking Bears. We have the brain dead McCaskey family and Ted fucking Phillips:(

Stafford is only 28, hell, Luck is 27. What is the average QB age anyways?

Orzo87

Liked Posts:

Cutler and Stanford are the same, Bridgewater hasn't done anything yet but get hurt, and how many super bowls did Rodgers win?
Y'all need some perspective.
And Jesus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just make sure your trade him for something. Teams are desperate and he has a reasonable contract.

Even if it was a kid round pick, get something back.

Send him to Cleveland so they can pick Garrett at 1. Send him to SF because they are desperate and need to win more quickly.

It does my heart good to watch the scum bag Kaep in S.F. stinking up the field:)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cutler and Stanford are the same, Bridgewater hasn't done anything yet but get hurt, and how many super bowls did Rodgers win?
And Jesus.

My response was geared to the guy's opinion that the Bears were ahead in rebuilding compared to the Vikes, Pack, and Lions. I think that their rebuilding is pretty much stagnant. Some definite improvement defensively but on offense they have gotten worse. That is not a rebuilding that makes any sense in my estimation. In some positions, there have been improvements as in: center, left guard, ILBs, safety, DE, DT,maybe one or two others. But this is counterbalanced by positions that have not improved or have gotten worse as in: LT, RT, TE, WR, CB, KR, PR, K, and QB.

bearsden

Liked Posts:
Yep...Kaepernick had 398 passing yards, 2 TDs, a 102 rating...with his top RB being DuJuan Harris and his top WR being some guy named Quinton Patton.

But please CCS, tell me more about Jay Cutler's 1 TD game against the Vikings.

against the best defense?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Havent they lost 3 in a row and are currently "reeling"?

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Makes sense. How many times in Cutler's career has he thrown for 398 yards against ANY defense? Once, and that was with Denver.

But good to know that since Cutler threw 1 TD against the Vikes, we can now correctly classify a 398-yard passing performance as "stinking up the field".

The Cutler talk here sucks. You suck. You should be banned.

End of Line

He was banned. Then Desbro created this alt...

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
All of you arguing over Cutler's performance against the Vikings please stop!

I have mentioned before that Cutler will have a good game against a good defense and then turnaround and have a bad game vs a bad defense. It all equates to average. Where as a normal average QB will have better games vs bad teams and worst games vs better teams - with Cutler you don't know.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And Jesus.

You need a brain.
Stafford has averaged more yards per year over the last 5 years than Cutler had in his best season.
Stafford has a 41 td season and a 32 td season and is on pace to eclipse 30 again. Cutler has never had a 30 td season.
Cutty has led the league in interceptions twice. Stafford never has.
Stafford has had 2 seasons with better than a 2-1 td to int ratio... Cutty has zero.
Stafford has started every game for the last 5 1/2 seasons. Cutler has played a single full season with chicago.

Cutler vs stafford is not even close. And Stafford just keeps getting better.

There is not an impartial person in the world that will call Cutler and Stafford roughly the same. Especially with Stafford getting better without Megatron. (which I #calledit)

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
All of you arguing over Cutler's performance against the Vikings please stop!

I have mentioned before that Cutler will have a good game against a good defense and then turnaround and have a bad game vs a bad defense. It all equates to average. Where as a normal average QB will have better games vs bad teams and worst games vs better teams - with Cutler you don't know.

I cant believe this is even a conversation at all- Dude is old, injury prone, inconsistent and bound to be replaced.

It was a solid game. Why do people forget the past and think "this is where he gets it!"?

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
You need a brain.
Stafford has averaged more yards per year over the last 5 years than Cutler had in his best season.
Stafford has a 41 td season and a 32 td season and is on pace to eclipse 30 again. Cutler has never had a 30 td season.
Cutty has led the league in interceptions twice. Stafford never has.
Stafford has had 2 seasons with better than a 2-1 td to int ratio... Cutty has zero.
Stafford has started every game for the last 5 1/2 seasons. Cutler has played a single full season with chicago.

Cutler vs stafford is not even close. And Stafford just keeps getting better.

There is not an impartial person in the world that will call Cutler and Stafford roughly the same. Especially with Stafford getting better without Megatron. (which I #calledit)

But Cutler threw a TD against the Vikings Damnit!!!