Will the Sox win the division?

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
I say yes. The pitching is amazing and I like our line up. I dont even think we really need a new left handed bat in the line up.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
No, they have 13 games left against the Twins, with about 17 to go with Texas, New York, Boston and LA. They'd be lucky to come away with 6 wins from the remaining Twins games, and could maybe win 8 or 9 in the other stretch. So no.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
I have faith, they chewed up the best team in the NL, which included a shut out. This is the pitching that we were expecting and I would guess it will stay like this for most of the year.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Its a nice little stretch we're on no doubt. But lets see how long the pitching can hold up. Its nice the clubhouse is full of laughter and smiles again and they're having fun playing baseball again. But lets see how much fun they're having in a couple of weeks.

I'd love for the rotation to keep its pace but at some point its going to regress. Even if over the rest of the season the rotation puts up a 3.95 ERA instead of 2.11 or whatever it is, the team is going to cool off and its how they react to that is whats going to tell us how the rest of the summer will be.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
the part that scares me the most actually is Minnesota. Not cause I think they are that great but they have a very favorable schedule in July.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
True, but then again I thought Minnesota has been over achieving this season (my hatred is known to blind me from reality). So maybe the White Sox underachieved and its just finally balancing out? Should be a fun summer*.

*until we lose 7 of 10 and are out of it again.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Im not really sure how good they are. Maybe Lefty can give us his expert opinion on the Twins.

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
The streak we're on is impressive, I just don't think we have what it takes to knock off the Twins or even the Tigers down the stretch. Beating up NL teams is one thing, AL teams are another. They're going to have to prove more to me against AL teams before I say they can win the division this season.

WhiteSoxFan83

PSD Legend
Liked Posts:
Its going to depend a lot of factors:

First: How are we going to play once inter-league is over?
Second: What moves will the Twins make? Some think they are the front runners to land Cliff Lee.
Third: If the Twins make any kind of moves, what will our counter moves be? Will we even bother to counter? (I would hope we get a DH, or at least a better rotating option than Kotsay)
Fourth: How will we play against the Twins? If we can win 9 of the 13 we have left I say we will win the division.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its going to depend a lot of factors:

First: How are we going to play once inter-league is over?
Second: What moves will the Twins make? Some think they are the front runners to land Cliff Lee.
Third: If the Twins make any kind of moves, what will our counter moves be? Will we even bother to counter? (I would hope we get a DH, or at least a better rotating option than Kotsay)
Fourth: How will we play against the Twins? If we can win 9 of the 13 we have left I say we will win the division.

that sums it up nicely

GrinderBall41

Sox/B'Hawks/Bears/Purdue
Liked Posts:
I dunno if anyone else noticed but we passed MN. Just 1 game behind DET.

Also its worth mentioning that 27 of our 72 games after the ASB are against MN and DET.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
At least Minnesota moved out of that goddam dome so we don't have to already mark those games down as losses.

hsvj60

Liked Posts:
this team is playing well and winning the division doesn't mean shit the real question should be can we win the WS and the answer is emphatically "NO!"

GrinderBall41

Sox/B'Hawks/Bears/Purdue
Liked Posts:
this team is playing well and winning the division doesn't mean shit the real question should be can we win the WS and the answer is emphatically "NO!"

Meh. I would like to win the division and watch my team in the playoffs. Even if we dont win the WS. Plus, anything can happen in the playoffs.

GrinderBall41

Sox/B'Hawks/Bears/Purdue
Liked Posts:
How good would this team be right now if we had re-signed THome in the offseason?

hsvj60

Liked Posts:
Thome wouldn't make a difference at this point what I would love to have had was A Gon I really like that kid and tink he would of made us serious title contenders for a very long time but such is life. I am the type of fan where making the playoffs isn't enough anymore I want more ChMAPIONSHIPS and we have a good nucleous that can use a big time LH bat but we'll have to wait to get one I want to keep our youngsters and add to them not take and move them out for a couple of months rental and no Championship