Wow, I've never seen so many people jump ship...

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
well i guess its just tbo, steal, niemi and myself then. :dunno:

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
I wish he would just admit it already

i just wish someone would IP check him and tell us we are right (which we are) and then permaban his ass

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
i just wish someone would IP check him and tell us we are right (which we are) and then permaban his ass

he says they already did and that he passed :dunno:

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
he says they already did and that he passed :dunno:

he must be using a proxy or something. meaning hes putting a huge amount of effort into trolling this board. thats pretty hardcore.

whatever though someone should still permaban him.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
i doubt he will

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Hopefully this wakes up some hawks fans so they stop putting the hawks on a pedestal and decreeing them the greatest team ever

It's been done all season long - mostly by the media... and it sort of creates a lot of some of this stuff .... pretty much at no point do they actually write about hockey or what actually = good, bad, indifferent play -so I guess it would be hard for the average "gee ain't it great we got a team with a chance" type of person that only cares about the sport on that level.

Hell, meet my Dad ... he could have a problem with Walter Payton ... so I mean, yeah - I get it to a point.

Then you got, what ... WGN running a mid-season special calling it "Team of Destiny?" or some equally dumb title ... and never mind all of the "man they are hotter than shit -and hotter than they have ever been ... man they are going all the way" type of bullshit news stories" -yes I read the Trib site fairly regularly ... and you know sometimes they seem to get their ideas for some of their Blog posts from reading ---- yep, messageboards.

Go figure -- it is probably easier than learning the game ... I guess I can't begrudge a guy a pay check -but, yeh it does make it tough to get an educated fanbase.

So here is what I figured may work ... if anyone is seriously interested in ice hockey, and seriously interested in learning the nuances of the sport -- and mind you there are a hell of a lot.... you gotta get out there and play.

Not this everyone chase the puck shit that passes for some guys - but you know try getting on a team with a coach -and yeah it is one really interesting game ... and there is a lot more depth than you are going to see watching on tv...

In fact when I used to go - I started sitting behind a goal -as it was a better perspective for me than the standard "seats on the red line" type of stuff... see, the difference is that you see the rink from the players' perspective - a lot like sitting in the bleachers used to be (before they gentrified them at Wrigley....).

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Nice post.

Ya, some of the media has done it, but people should be smarter than that and when they watch it, see that we aren't the "Team of Destiny"

Playing the game certainly helps...it started my love affair i have with the sport

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
he's back!

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
The problem with that is --- the entire "hype" is what the Blackhawks' marketing plan is all about.

And no one can argue with the turnout - the problem is that this is the other side of that equation - it raises some folks expectations - for no real reason.

Take the mural of Toews in front of the Cup - now the team didn't authorize that I don't think -but points to that same sort of phenomenon... what causes that? It has to be all of the marketing --- the fan conventions, the promos, - the- well, fill in the blanks .... it is working right now - raking in the money for them like they never had seen before - but I don't know that the folks that are buying in to it now will stick around if they hit hard times again.

They're still my team, will always be my team ... but they aren't bigger than the sport itself... and yeh life sucks I just lost some money on vCash because the series is going past 5 games :( (I'll live) :D

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
The problem with that is --- the entire "hype" is what the Blackhawks' marketing plan is all about.

And no one can argue with the turnout - the problem is that this is the other side of that equation - it raises some folks expectations - for no real reason.

Take the mural of Toews in front of the Cup - now the team didn't authorize that I don't think -but points to that same sort of phenomenon... what causes that? It has to be all of the marketing --- the fan conventions, the promos, - the- well, fill in the blanks .... it is working right now - raking in the money for them like they never had seen before - but I don't know that the folks that are buying in to it now will stick around if they hit hard times again.

They're still my team, will always be my team ... but they aren't bigger than the sport itself... and yeh life sucks I just lost some money on vCash because the series is going past 5 games :( (I'll live) :D

yes

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Lol OJ makes an appearance... Hertz Rent a Cell.... :runs and hides:

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Yeh well I found that I think I got an old rumpled O J card from his Bills Days -- I hope like hell he doesn't want that bit of sports memorabilia back -because I am not sure I kept it. I could be in trouble there.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Yeh well I found that I think I got an old rumpled O J card from his Bills Days -- I hope like hell he doesn't want that bit of sports memorabilia back -because I am not sure I kept it. I could be in trouble there.

he gonna kill you!

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Damn it.... ^ now I have that baggage on me. :)

It's amazing --- it sounds like Mr T is narrating the thread now.

mmrtbadass.jpg

...and to get it back to hockey (for no apparent reason)...

I bet he'd run off with my Roenick and Belfour rookies .... and still leave me stuck with those damned Lindros rookies... damned flash in the pan "Next Ones" :)

Ok -gotta run - time to pick up a pizza...

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Damn it.... ^ now I have that baggage on me. :)

It's amazing --- it sounds like Mr T is narrating the thread now.

mmrtbadass.jpg

...and to get it back to hockey (for no apparent reason)...

I bet he'd run off with my Roenick and Belfour rookies .... and still leave me stuck with those damned Lindros rookies... damned flash in the pan "Next Ones" :)

Ok -gotta run - time to pick up a pizza...
this late? lol