Aaron Rodgers

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Clearly you aren’t a big believer and crowd noise being able to affect a game. It will be loud against minny. Especially because they are probably their biggest WC competition since they beat Carolina

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're addressing someone who believes the outcomes of games are predetermined.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Winning makes everything better and the losing is finally catching up. He's very good and will be a hall of famer but he has to be the most over rated football player of all time. If people want to bash Peyton Manning for going 2-2 in the Super Bowl then they have things to say about Aaron Rodgers.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Oh really?

The best predictor of the future is the past. All season, the Bears offense has been allergic to putting up points in the second half of games. All season, the Bears defense has allowed a shit-ton of points in the fourth quarter.

I'm overall very happy with this team, Nagy, Fangio and Trubisky. But I won't pretend there aren't some serious flaws to fix.

How many times have these Packers faced these Bears in Soldier Field?

Zero.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Winning makes everything better and the losing is finally catching up. He's very good and will be a hall of famer but he has to be the most over rated football player of all time. If people want to bash Peyton Manning for going 2-2 in the Super Bowl then they have things to say about Aaron Rodgers.

Joe Namath is firmly entrenched as the most overrated football player of all time and that is not likely to change anytime soon.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Do you think Dan Marino is overrated having zero rings? That's a team stat, and the examples of why it shouldn't be used as the measurement of individual greatness are too numerous to list. Rodgers is one of the two or three best QBs to ever play the game.

Last edited:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You have no faith in us do you? Minnesota also has the hardest remaining schedule in the north. They’re going to lose at New England and very well could lose in Seattle.

I have no faith because I don't believe we have the division officially wrapped up with a 1.5 game lead, 5 left to play, with games left against a first round bye powerhouse, our biggest rival who we rarely beat even when we should, and the Vikings themselves on the road?

I said it's between us and the Vikings now. I don't see how you can possibly find that to be an unreasonable comment.

The Vikings will beat Seattle, imo. They're a better team.

Last edited:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I have no faith because I don't believe we have the division officially wrapped up with a 1.5 game lead, 5 left to play, with games left against a first round bye powerhouse, our biggest rival who we rarely beat even when we should, and the Vikings themselves on the road?

I said it's between us and the Vikings now. I don't see how you can possibly find that to be an unreasonable comment.

The Vikings will beat Seattle, imo. They're a better team.

You have no faith because you said we will lose the division in week 17. You also ignored the fact that Green Bay is 0 for their last 8 on the road and they’re all but eliminated. Also Minnesota has by far a harder schedule than us. If they lose to New England, at New England, this Sunday they’ll drop to 2.5 games back when we beat the Giants with 4 weeks left. Even if we lose to them in Minnesota and we lose the rams game, they’ll still be .5 games behind us. It’s very difficult to see a realistic path where they can beat us. I also think we’ll beat the rams so there’s that too.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You have no faith because you said we will lose the division in week 17.

I continue to be the most misquoted poster on this board. I did not say we will lose the division in week 17. I said they better beat the Packers because IF they go into the finale in Minnesota with only a half game lead, I could see another situation where we lose it like in 2013. The Bears and Vikings are fairly evenly matched and a split with the home teams winning doesn't seem like an unreasonable outcome to me. They'll be slight favorites at home.

I also think we’ll beat the rams so there’s that too.

You're criticizing me for being concerned that we could lose against an even opponent while you think we're going to beat an opponent who has been clearly better than us. I would say that your optimism is quite a bit farther removed from the realistic center than my perceived pessimism in this instance.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I continue to be the most misquoted poster on this board. I did not say we will lose the division in week 17. I said they better beat the Packers because IF they go into the finale in Minnesota with only a half game lead, I could see another situation where we lose it like in 2013. The Bears and Vikings are fairly evenly matched and a split with the home teams winning doesn't seem like an unreasonable outcome to me. They'll be slight favorites at home.

You're criticizing me for being concerned that we could lose against an even opponent while you think we're going to beat an opponent who has been clearly better than us. I would say that your optimism is quite a bit farther removed from the realistic center than my perceived pessimism in this instance.

We are a better team than them. Our defense dominated and our offense was better the whole game. How can you say we are evenly matched? What exactly are they as good as us at? And again you can believe what you want but the rams have no defense and it’s gonna be in the twenties and probably snowing. Doesn’t exactly sound like the best situation for a high powered offense. Also we are only 8 points behind them in point differential. It’s not like they’re miles ahead of us.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We are a better team than them. Our defense dominated and our offense was better the whole game. How can you say we are evenly matched? What exactly are they as good as us at? And again you can believe what you want but the rams have no defense and it’s gonna be in the twenties and probably snowing. Doesn’t exactly sound like the best situation for a high powered offense. Also we are only 8 points behind them in point differential. It’s not like they’re miles ahead of us.

Yeah but we've also played the easiest schedule in the NFL so far. I agree the Bears defense has overtaken the Vikings defense, but they're still better at QB and the offensive skill positions. We could debate about this all day, but we won't know until the games are played so it's pointless. My point is simply that the division is not wrapped up, and that the Bears better win enough games to make that finale irrelevant.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Do you think Dan Marino is overrated having zero rings? That's a team stat, and the examples of why it shouldn't be used as the measurement of individual greatness are too numerous to list. Rodgers is one of the two or three best QBs to ever play the game.

You read what you wanted to read, not what was actually there.

That's what you got after reading "If people want to bash Peyton Manning for going 2-2 in the Super Bowl...." I think that gives it away how I feel about it.

I agree that it's a team accomplishment and I've said that in other threads. No I don't think Dan Marino is overrated.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You read what you wanted to read, not what was actually there.

That's what you got after reading "If people want to bash Peyton Manning for going 2-2 in the Super Bowl...." I think that gives it away how I feel about it.

I agree that it's a team accomplishment and I've said that in other threads. No I don't think Dan Marino is overrated.

So why do you think Rodgers is overrated?

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
So why do you think Rodgers is overrated?

I don't. I was defending Peyton Manning for having less Super Bowl wins so why do you think I would do the opposite for Rodgers?

I just think people need to not pick and choose ie Tom Brady is so much better than Peyton "he sucks because because he won 2 Super Bowls" Manning.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I misunderstood, my bad.