How did this go unthreaded?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Reed was one of my all time favorites at his position. He was a big hitter but a suspect tackler.

Sean Taylor was the best safety that's ever lived. Even at the probowl it was clear who the best player on the field was.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Defensive TDs trump any and all defensive statistics, regardless of position.

They are nice, but I would guess that individual defensive TDs would be the least sustainable defensive statistic, and the one that correlates the least with sustained success.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
They are nice, but I would guess that individual defensive TDs would be the least sustainable defensive statistic, and the one that correlates the least with sustained success.

Maybe. Some players just have a nose for the ball and even fewer have a nose for the end zone. It's hard to find a player that has both.

I don't find Jackson's ability to score flukey because he has legitimate punt return skills.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Unthreaded..

021488a3a218dda2294de6f3966f22a3

Monster squad...nice GIF haven't seen that movie in years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I swear some of you guys instantly suffer strokes on comparisons...even when its a well matched comparison.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe. Some players just have a nose for the ball and even fewer have a nose for the end zone. It's hard to find a player that has both.

I don't find Jackson's ability to score flukey because he has legitimate punt return skills.

At this point its beyond proven that Jackson's scoring ability is anything but a fluke. He did it in college and he has been doing it in the NFL since arriving. The kid is legit.

ridemywheelie

Liked Posts:
Defensive TDs are special. It's a double whammy that usually turns games around. For whatever reason, some defensive players have a special knack for finding the end zone, ala Mike Brown

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am sure he is already angling his body toward an opening before he snags the INT and tries for clear sailing.

A Special talent

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am sure he is already angling his body toward an opening before he snags the INT and tries for clear sailing.

A Special talent

I think it has more to do with his vision. Ever since college he's been touted as having that special ability to see the field with clarity when the ball is in his hands.

You gotta remember. Eddie Jackson was a 3 star recruit out of High School that only played his Senior year as a receiver and defensive back. So he had experience as an offensive player where that field vision comes into play. Then at Bama he took on the returner role while he was learning to play DB and that further brought out his ability to see the field well. The kid has a rare combination of talent for a DB.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
You gotta remember. Eddie Jackson was a 3 star recruit out of High School that only played his Senior year as a receiver and defensive back. So he had experience as an offensive player where that field vision comes into play. Then at Bama he took on the returner role while he was learning to play DB and that further brought out his ability to see the field well. The kid has a rare combination of talent for a DB.

Not true at all, but I guess CCS never lets the facts get in the way of a good story. The only time Jackson "took on the returner role" was partway through his senior year, when Saban decided to let him return a punt while trailing to Ole Miss...Jackson scored an 85-yard TD and Saban would then go to Jackson in a pinch when he needed a big return. Your narrative is wrong. Jackson had already established himself as a defensive starter, and he wasn't ever Bama's #1 return guy. Returning punts wasn't part of Jackson's "development", it was Saban using his best athletes on special teams when needed.