Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. The Return of Mitchell Trubisky

Your turn

GoBears

Liked Posts:
LA's plane crashed, killing their entire team and we faced a bunch of scrubs.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
LA's run defense is garbage. Trubisky will have a field day running against them. Bears need to control the clock and keep Gurley/Goff on the sideline.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
We lose a few to teams we should not and win a few against teams we should not. Bears are good enough to beat any team and we are at home.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
You can run and throw on the Rams.
They will be on their second road game in a row traveling east.
The Bears have a better defense.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
LA already clinched their division. Give them a little bit less motivation I suppose.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
It’s in Chicago, their defense sucks, our defense plays best at home, it’s in the cold, and they have nothing left to play for, and we will have Mitch back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Our defense is not elite. They are probably the best defense in the NFL, but they are not a unit that simply dominates everything and everyone in their path.

We needed them to have a big game against the Giants and they did not.

We need them to have another big game against the Rams, I am not sure if they will or not.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Our defense is not elite. They are probably the best defense in the NFL, but they are not a unit that simply dominates everything and everyone in their path.

We needed them to have a big game against the Giants and they did not.

We need them to have another big game against the Rams, I am not sure if they will or not.

I don’t understand how a defense can be best in the league and not elite.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
It’s in Chicago, their defense sucks, our defense plays best at home, it’s in the cold, and they have nothing left to play for, and we will have Mitch back.

The Rams have everything to play for, home field through out the playoffs being the biggest.

The fact that the Rams have clinched is not good for the Bears as they can play very loose, where as the Bears will be under pressure to win to keep pace on a playoff spot.

The Bears defense has been below average in the second half of just about every game this year, which tells me that a good offensive coordinator is making adjustments at halftime while good ole boy Vic stands pat. This is also the 3rd game this year that receives are running wide open in the secondary.

"IF" Mitchel does return, he will be rusty, make no mistake about that.

To me the Bears would have to have a horse shoe up each players ass in order to win this game.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only way we win is if the refs follow the script and all the calls go against LA.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:

The Rams have everything to play for, home field through out the playoffs being the biggest.

The fact that the Rams have clinched is not good for the Bears as they can play very loose, where as the Bears will be under pressure to win to keep pace on a playoff spot.

The Bears defense has been below average in the second half of just about every game this year, which tells me that a good offensive coordinator is making adjustments at halftime while good ole boy Vic stands pat. This is also the 3rd game this year that receives are running wide open in the secondary.

To me the Bears would have to have a horse shoe up each players ass in order to win this game.

BearDown1

Liked Posts:
LA already clinched their division. Give them a little bit less motivation I suppose.

They have home field to play for. They aren't packing it in now with a quarter of the season left.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

I don’t think it really matters if the bears feel “pressure” to keep the play off spot and the rams feel “loose”. It’s the NFL you’re expected to win regardless. Please there wasn’t receivers running wide open in the secondary except for the Odell TD. If you want to say they couldn’t stop saquon that’s fine but there wasn’t busted coverages left and right. And according to many posters on here Mitch was ready to play because of a couple videos of him throwing the ball and rappaport saying he looked “fantastic” so I don’t get your point about rust.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
They have home field to play for. They aren't packing it in now with a quarter of the season left.

Didn’t say they would. Perhaps they don’t have “nothing” to play for but they have less to play for Imo. Especially because the saints lost.

quicksand30

Liked Posts:
I did the Monday morning review of stats. The Bears are 5th in Scoring offense, 5th in Scoring defense, still lead in takeaways, are extremely good on a number of defensive measures (yards given up, sacks, PD, third down PCT). The Rams supersede the Bears in offensive stats, but not in defensive stats, but they have people that can get pressure. We're 3/4ths of the way into the season and both teams have shown by statistical measures that they are good, which their records indicate. So I'm going by the analytics and not my homer goggles.

The game will be competitive. The key stat for the game against the Rams, the month of December, as well as any Playoff run is taking care of the ball (i.e. giveaways). Although the Bears have the highest differential between takeaways and giveaways, they rank 22nd in giveaways. If they can take care of the ball, that differential stat rises, and this team becomes a serious contender. Second, solid special teams, including the kicking game. Third, the defense can't have a bunch of breakdowns where they give up big plays. They can recover from 1 breakdown, but otherwise, they need to make the Rams work for every yard so they must contain Gurley.

The homer hopes the home field advantage and weather does help. I was at a 2013 MNF game against Dallas that was freezing and Dallas really was having none of it. So it can and does happen to warm weather teams, but I definitely don't bank on it.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don’t understand how a defense can be best in the league and not elite.

You are the best student in the class, but you have a 75% average.

You are the tallest person on your bball team, but you are 6'1".

The best and elite are not the same thing.