3. Bears 8-4
4. Cowboys 7-5
5. Seahawks 7-5
6. Vikings 6-5-1

Panthers 6-6
Eagles 6-6
Washington 6-6

What I think we need to focus on

1. The 1 and 2 seeds seem out of reach. Plus with the way that the Bears play out of a bye week makes me hope they do not have the bye week.

2. We need the Vikings to lose as many as possible, obviously.

3. The Bears should be cheering for the wildcard teams to lose games so the Bears have a soft landing. One more lose for the Panthers, Eagles, and Washington pretty much guarantees a playoff spot.

4. The 4 seed would not be the worst thing to have as it allow you to avoid New Orleans in round 2.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
4 seed is actually appealing. Much rather play the rams than the saints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Oh now we need the Vikings to lose a lot? Because a week ago you were spearheading the FTP movement despite it being better for the Packers to win that game

dennehy

Liked Posts:
If the Bears win one more game they're pretty much in as they hold the tie breaker against CAR, SEA, and almost certainly will against Philly too if thy get to 9-7. Carolina and Philly have tough schedules left too.

9-7 would be pretty disappointing though.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
I'll post this again.

If Carolina, Washington, and the Eagles all lose one of their next two, and they all will, we clinch a playoff berth by beating the Pack. The best those three teams could do at that point is 9-7. If we win one more game all season we'd be 9-7. However, we'd at worst have a 7-5 conference record, while Carolina and Philly would be 6 and 6. Washington would be eliminated because Philly would clinch the divisional tie breaker over them in the above scenario. If Tampa by some miracle wins out, we own the tie breaker over them with our win.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Agree... #4 especially
If we get the 4 seed, we will host Seattle more than likely. I'm not afraid of that matchup at all. Both teams are much better now, but Trubisky will have a better game this time.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
If the Bears win one more game they're pretty much in as they hold the tie breaker against CAR, SEA, and almost certainly will against Philly too if thy get to 9-7. Carolina and Philly have tough schedules left too.

9-7 would be pretty disappointing though.

I don't see the second wildcard team getting to 9 wins.

Washington won't for sure.

I think Carolina will lose twice to the Saints, and the Saints will try to beat them as they'll have a chance to catch or stay above the Rams week 17.

I think Philly will lose two games to Dallas, Rams, or Texans.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I don't see the second wildcard team getting to 9 wins.

Washington won't for sure.

I think Carolina will lose twice to the Saints, and the Saints will try to beat them as they'll have a chance to catch or stay above the Rams week 17.

I think Philly will lose two games to Dallas, Rams, or Texans.

Probably right, except that Seattle will probably get to 9-7 and either us or Minnesota is likely to as well. I don't think Philly or Carolina has a good chance to make the playoffs. I think Dallas will probably wind up 10-6 or 11-5 with a very weak finishing schedule. If Minnesota gets hot and we don't and we finish with the #5 seed, we could play at Dallas on wild card weekend. I don't think the chances for that are too high but I'd love that matchup.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Probably right, except that Seattle will probably get to 9-7 and either us or Minnesota is likely to as well. I don't think Philly or Carolina has a good chance to make the playoffs. I think Dallas will probably wind up 10-6 or 11-5 with a very weak finishing schedule. If Minnesota gets hot and we don't and we finish with the #5 seed, we could play at Dallas on wild card weekend. I don't think the chances for that are too high but I'd love that matchup.

I think Seattle wins 10, and Minnesota will finish 8-7-1. I think the Vikings will lose two of @Seattle, @Lions, and us.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I agree that I think the rams are slightly weaker than the saints but idk by how much. Of course no one wants to go to NO and play, but idk about overlooking the weaker wild card opponent.

Personally I’d rather play whoever is not seattle.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
It’s very simple:

Win two of the next 3 games, win the division before you even board the plane for Minnesota.

That’s if Minnesota loses just one more game. That gets you the 3-seed.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Bears have to play the games. not us. don't understand why everyone's been circle jerking over hypotheticals like "if the Bears win this many games.." or "the Bears can only lose this many games.."

they lost to the Giants. everyone else in the division lost too. Bears didn't go forward or backward. if you would like to concentrate on talking about the St. Loui... I mean Los Angeles Rams they're about to play next, cool. the rest of this shit is a waste of time.

this will be another one of those 17 page threads because people with 20,000 posts need to talk about things.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Eagles displace Vikes and those will be the teams.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Oh now we need the Vikings to lose a lot? Because a week ago you were spearheading the FTP movement despite it being better for the Packers to win that game

I mean, it still made sense... Packers have the easier schedule, but the loss to the Vikings pretty much guarantees they can't make it. Vikings have a much harder few games remaining. Wanting the Vikes to win to kick the Packers out of contention while knowing they likely won't win as much on the backend. Given how many times the Packers have screwed the Bears over, it's not an unreasonable position to take.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I agree that we are totally out of it after a bye.

I’m not going to say I rather have saints over rams. They are both going to be tough teams to go up against. Has to be one of the best 1&2 seeds in awhile

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I mean, it still made sense... Packers have the easier schedule, but the loss to the Vikings pretty much guarantees they can't make it. Vikings have a much harder few games remaining. Wanting the Vikes to win to kick the Packers out of contention while knowing they likely won't win as much on the backend. Given how many times the Packers have screwed the Bears over, it's not an unreasonable position to take.

Nope. Packers have been bad most of the season, at the time it was more logically to root for them instead of the Vikings. People are too afraid of the boogeyman

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The NFC wildcard is pathetic this year. I honestly think if we lost the rest of our games that 8-8 might get in lol.