Bears and Vikes Overall Rankings for Defense and Offense

Gud Brant

Liked Posts:
Just making an observation here. According to ESPN, Vikes have a higher rated overall defense than the Bears AND a higher rated overall offense. This while playing a first place schedule this season while Bears played a fourth place schedule. Since Vikes rate higher than Bears, they must be pretty good, agreed?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Espn??? Lol

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just making an observation here. According to ESPN, Vikes have a higher rated overall defense than the Bears AND a higher rated overall offense. This while playing a first place schedule this season while Bears played a fourth place schedule. Since Vikes rate higher than Bears, they must be pretty good, agreed?

I guess we'll see Sunday while we're resting a few guys for the playoffs. Cousins better have his track shoes on. Bears will be finishing after that illegal hit you guys put on our QB. He will probably just hand one off to Hicks with his eyes closed to avoid hits. Same way he throws under pressure.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators

As good as any other 8 win team in history.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Who won the NFC North?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

Vikings fan, Bud Grant, I mean Gud Brant?

Signed

Pallen Age

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vikings fan, Bud Grant, I mean Gud Brant?

Signed

Pallen Age

Oh, I thought he was related to Kyle Brant. Or is it Brandt? That was a truly awful preseason game that he called.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Oh, I thought he was related to Kyle Brant. Or is it Brandt? That was a truly awful preseason game that he called.

No, that was a play on the best head coach the Vikings have ever had ... who won as many championships as Nagy, by the way.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
No because the Bears scored more points, gave up less points, and won the North while the Vikings became one of the most disappointing teams in the NFL this season. Minny 1-5 against teams with winning records. Bears 3-1.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is there an actual link to this nonsense.

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
1 post here.. Clearly the OP is in for the long haul.

pablovi

Liked Posts:

Look at DVOA stats instead.

And don’t know about the schedule, but the Vikes haven’t beat a single team above .500 this year.

Gud Brant

Liked Posts:
The original post is a fact, not an opinion. Based on stats reported by ESPN. It is objective based rankings.

Total Defense, Vikes #3 and Bears #4.

Total Offense, Vikes #17 and Bears #21.

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Even as a mod, I try not to dislike anyone. But you know what... I am disliking the vikings fan on this one. I welcome all others to do the same. Stats are not always the bottom line to rate a team... W/L is what only matters. Even after we sit half our starters at halftime already being up 2 td's, Bears still going to win.. Cousins is the biggest choker after Cutler in the history of the NFL..

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
The original post is a fact, not an opinion. Based on stats reported by ESPN. It is objective based rankings.

Total Defense, Vikes #3 and Bears #4.

Total Offense, Vikes #17 and Bears #21.

yep. THIS IS PROOF THAT THE VIKINGS WILL BEAT THE BEARS THIS WEEK AND NEXT.

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Think I'm going to sticky this thread for 24hrs or so to make sure all gets to contribute.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
No because the Bears scored more points, gave up less points, and won the North while the Vikings became one of the most disappointing teams in the NFL this season. Minny 1-5 against teams with winning records. Bears 3-1.

Who is the 1 team, cause if it's the Dolphins, they are no longer a winning team.

I saw on Facebook that this ESPN stat is based on YARDS ALLOWED ONLY, which the Bears have given up like 7 extra yards over the Vikings. It ignores the fact the Bears have the most turnovers, most points off turnovers, etc etc.