Disappointing Upcoming 2019-2020 Season

Rise

Liked Posts:
Based on this thread, we should just quit!! We got a top 3 Defense and we stay healthy we can be in the same spot next year!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Doesn’t change this year. It will always be a waste. Defense will not be as good next year I’d bet the house on it. 4 times in history has a defense did what they did, never has it been repeated.

Like I said your optimism lies with the offense. Can Trubisky become a game winner and will Burton protect his body? That’s our hope.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fangio is a great DC, there will be a negative impact of him leaving.

But this defense for elite when Khalil Mack walked through the door and he will continue to do that for 5 more years.

Injuries will slow the defense down more than Vic leaving.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Doesn’t change this year. It will always be a waste. Defense will not be as good next year I’d bet the house on it. 4 times in history has a defense did what they did, never has it been repeated.

Like I said your optimism lies with the offense. Can Trubisky become a game winner and will Burton protect his body? That’s our hope.

The defense will regress a little. The offense will improve.

Rise

Liked Posts:
What are you talking about?

The Bears DC gig was open for 2 minutes and Bowles almost bailed on a promise to a lifelong friend.

The Bears will have people lining up for this gig.

Almost but didn’t. Who is lining up? Not Joseph he is set for the bengals or jets of all teams. He would rather face the pats with scrubs then take this shit lol.

Like I said it will have to be someone with zero hc aspirations or some no name young guy we hope is good.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
They will hire a DC to run the defense and nothing will change.

He may not be as good as Fangio, but he has a shit ton of talent.

Nagy isn’t getting more involved in the defense.

I hope Nagy does get more involved in the defense. Every head coach should feel empowered to direct his coordinators to make adjustments in-game. Don't micromanage, but the head coach has to be the one managing the strategy. Nothing wrong with, "Hey Vic, this four man rush isn't cutting it against the Eagles' OL. Get me a pass rush--blitz if you have to. I assume the risk and will answer for it."

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
And I've been one of the most optimistic Bears fans. It'd take the perfect hire to pick up where they left off. We'll see! I really wanna believe the Bears will win Super Bowls and when I was believing it before it was with Vic Fangio leading the defense to the promised land. Now I don't know ... Matt Nagy gonna have that much more work to do to get this team to the promised land.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't discount the impact Vic Fangio had on this defense and thus this entire team.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
It took a winning season to expose just how stupid this board is.

Time to start the ***Official Idiot of the Year Award*** thread.

No one would have ever confused CCS for a mensa meeting but the last few days have been especially bad.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like you'll be busy doing a lot of apple picking next fall.

Real fans don't fucking apple pick during the game, do they? Unless that's code for something else

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I hope Nagy does get more involved in the defense. Every head coach should feel empowered to direct his coordinators to make adjustments in-game. Don't micromanage, but the head coach has to be the one managing the strategy. Nothing wrong with, "Hey Vic, this four man rush isn't cutting it against the Eagles' OL. Get me a pass rush--blitz if you have to. I assume the risk and will answer for it."

"SURE matt, right after you kiss my ass and let me handle the defense and you handle the trips left, no HB set at the goal line on 4th down!"

Maybe it'd go like that?

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Wow, you can really see how much years of underachievement has effected our fanbase. This (losing co-ordinators) happens to good teams every season in the NFL. We will cope. People need to grow a pair.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Wow, you can really see how much years of underachievement has effected our fanbase. This (losing co-ordinators) happens to good teams every season in the NFL. We will cope. People need to grow a pair.

They underachieved this year as well.

ruprecht

Donator
Liked Posts:
No one would have ever confused CCS for a mensa meeting but the last few days have been especially bad.

Seems weird. Best the Bears have been in a decade plus, yet the menstruating is heavy

Rise

Liked Posts:
Seems weird. Best the Bears have been in a decade plus, yet the menstruating is heavy

A one and done wild card team is nothing to be proud of. They did set historic records though.

1st team with a defense who leads the league in points allowed and turnovers to not win a Super Bowl.

1st team with a kicker who hit the posts 6 times.

1st team with a te who quit on his team the night before a playoff game.

5th team to lose a playoff game with a +2 turnover differential. Nagy has this award twice!

See the theme here? Everything good was because of what Fangio built. Now that he is gone it will slowly decay. Better hope Nagy grows this offense and as a coach.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
The defense will regress a little. The offense will improve.

I think the offense will improve more than the defense will regress. I am optimistic that Trubisky will take a step and Nagy will refine his playcalling.

What gives me the most hope is the rest of the division and our 5-1 record in the NFC North this season. I was delighted the Lions blew out the Packers to cement Patricia in place. The Vikings are going nowhere with Cousins. Rodgers is going into physical decline or on the cusp of doing so.

The Bears dont need a dominant top 3 defense to win the division and they have some breathing space to really figure out what playoff success will look like for them.

ruprecht

Donator
Liked Posts:
A one and done wild card team is nothing to be proud of. They did set historic records though.

1st team with a defense who leads the league in points allowed and turnovers to not win a Super Bowl.

1st team with a kicker who hit the posts 6 times.

1st team with a te who quit on his team the night before a playoff game.

5th team to lose a playoff game with a +2 turnover differential. Nagy has this award twice!

See the theme here? Everything good was because of what Fangio built. Now that he is gone it will slowly decay. Better hope Nagy grows this offense and as a coach.

We got a bleeder!

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Name the other one and done team with a defense this good, I’ll wait.

We werent expected to get off the basement in our division this year but went 12-4. In what universe is that underachieving?