Disappointing Upcoming 2019-2020 Season

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
"SURE matt, right after you kiss my ass and let me handle the defense and you handle the trips left, no HB set at the goal line on 4th down!"

Maybe it'd go like that?

It must be nice to work in a job where your boss can't actually tell you what to do.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
We werent expected to get off the basement in our division this year but went 12-4. In what universe is that underachieving?

Not worth the effort Pete

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
here comes the drama

Just goes to show how quickly everything can go downhill. Fuck Hester's finger! Terrible terrible moment in Chicago sports history that may have had the most terrible impact on this team going forward into the future. The Bears were rollin until then! Sure they didn't have the greatest game against the Eagles, but they played well enough to win and advance to the next round. Hard times and Vic Fangio leaving doesn't make things any easier.

Rise

Liked Posts:
We werent expected to get off the basement in our division this year but went 12-4. In what universe is that underachieving?

Expected by who? Tv and media slobs? You? It doesn’t matter what “expectations” were. It matters who they were on the field.

On the field they were better than 12-4, and better than one and done. They underachieved based on how they played. 1-4 in games decided by 3 or less. One of 5 teams out of 125 to lose in the playoffs with a +2 to advantage. Only defense ever to not win the Super Bowl leading the league in points allowed and turnovers.

I’m listing facts about who they were based on facts about how they ended up.

You’re basing your conclusion based on opinions before the season started.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
on the defensive side off the ball means Nagy will have to be more involved, and less involved with the offensive side.

:lmao:

They will hire a DC to run the defense and nothing will change.

He may not be as good as Fangio, but he has a shit ton of talent.

Nagy isn’t getting more involved in the defense.

Thank you.

I'm concerned Nagy will get more involved in janitorial duties around Halas Hall, find that is his true calling, and turn the offense over to one of the McCaskey kids.

Rise

Liked Posts:
We got a bleeder!

Pathetic response. You have nothing to say though and it hurts, trust me i get it. Best to live in your delusion of opinion and self assurance so you’re happy.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Just goes to show how quickly everything can go downhill. Fuck Hester's finger! Terrible terrible moment in Chicago sports history that may have had the most terrible impact on this team going forward into the future. The Bears were rollin until then! Sure they didn't have the greatest game against the Eagles, but they played well enough to win and advance to the next round. Hard times and Vic Fangio leaving doesn't make things any easier.

Agreed, it’s best to just state it for what it is.

ruprecht

Donator
Liked Posts:
Pathetic response. You have nothing to say though and it hurts, trust me i get it. Best to live in your delusion of opinion and self assurance so you’re happy.

Lol. Can we get your blood type? May have to do an e-transfusion!

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

LOL, you are so fucking mad right now.

ruprecht

Donator
Liked Posts:
:lmao:

Thank you.

I'm concerned Nagy will get more involved in janitorial duties around Halas Hall, find that is his true calling, and turn the offense over to one of the McCaskey kids.

Drama > Logic

Rise

Liked Posts:
LOL, you are so fucking mad right now.

Hell yes I am mad! I love this team and waited years for a team this good only to see it wasted and then start to see the dominos of its demise not even a week later.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Lol. Can we get your blood type? May have to do an e-transfusion!

Saying I am having a period does nothing to offend me. You have nothing to say because you have zero stats or facts to refute my points. Your whole position is based off emotion, yet you’re implying I am acting like a woman for simply pointing out reality based on facts.

I guess to act like a man I have to pretend like everything is fine while my house burns down? Come at me with something that makes sense.

ruprecht

Donator
Liked Posts:
Saying I am having a period does nothing to offend me. You have nothing to say because you have zero stats or facts to refute my points. Your whole position is based off emotion, yet you’re implying I am acting like a woman for simply pointing out reality based on facts.

I guess to act like a man I have to pretend like everything is fine while my house burns down? Come at me with something that makes sense.

Kentucky Ayahausca is on and you are exhausting so later "O-negative"

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
1.)
3.) saying nobody wants the Bears DC job is something you just made up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. Whoever said that is a moron. Who wouldn't want to take this job? You have access to a young, playoff experienced defense with an embarrassment of talent? As a dc you can put in a couple years with this defense and it could open up a head coaching opportunity sooner rather than later for you.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Expected by who? Tv and media slobs? You? It doesn’t matter what “expectations” were. It matters who they were on the field.

On the field they were better than 12-4, and better than one and done. They underachieved based on how they played. 1-4 in games decided by 3 or less. One of 5 teams out of 125 to lose in the playoffs with a +2 to advantage. Only defense ever to not win the Super Bowl leading the league in points allowed and turnovers.

I’m listing facts about who they were based on facts about how they ended up.

You’re basing your conclusion based on opinions before the season started.

That's literally what expectations are.

I'm not sure you really understand how playoffs work. We were good enough over the regular season to win our division but were not consistent enough to get a bye. Our postseason was a solid reflection of who we were in the regular season - capable of beating anyone (Rams, Packers) but also capable of losing are having the wheels fall off on either side of the ball (Dolphins, Patriots with the D; Packers with the offense).

Playoff football, like any knockout sports event is a winner takes all on the day. If Parkey makes that kick, we win, Fangio likely stays and this conversation isn't happening. You need to face up to the reality of what sport is, process the failure and man up for next season rather than predicting doom and gloom based on a co-ordinator leaving.

swz01

Liked Posts:
Please. Our D is totally stacked with talent. We can plug in any veteran proven DC and have similar results. Fangio is going to bomb big time as a HC. If we didn't go all in with Khalil Mack, Roquan, etc would Fangio really be a serious HC candidate? I don't think so. Those guys make any DC look good. The Mack trade basically gifted Fangio a HC job.

Liked Posts:
Please. Our D is totally stacked with talent. We can plug in any veteran proven DC and have similar results. Fangio is going to bomb big time as a HC. If we didn't go all in with Khalil Mack, Roquan, etc would Fangio really be a serious HC candidate? I don't think so. Those guys make any DC look good. The Mack trade basically gifted Fangio a HC job.

You're right and with the hordes they have on defense he'll fit right in.

wisconsinbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I can see Trubisky being a really fucking good QB next year, but I still don't believe in Nagy as a game manager and play caller. Never did, he was always too gimmicky and full of himself- that play call for the 2 point conversion in the playoffs really proved that, too. He never really got the running game going- so much for being an offensive genius. Eventually the energy he brought to the team is going to wear off in time. I can still see a top 5 offense for next year despite all this.

The defense is a huge question mark, but should be top 15 even if we get stuck with a shitty DC.

The kicker is another question mark, but we need to find somebody at least serviceable (Cody Parkey wasn't even that).

Overall I see a 9+ win team barring catastrophic injuries. The Vikings will be tough if they ever get an offensive line, which theoretically could happen, so they very well could take our spot if that happens. The Packers will have some early season growing pains, but will probably be pretty damn solid past week 5. The Lions are going to Lion, no surprises there.