Ed Reed open to joining Chuck Pagano's coaching staff

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If you think Ed Reed wanting coach us a new spur of the moment thing you're an idol that needs to look at the facts instead of judging LOOK AT THE FACTS.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Is he a good coach or is everyone wet because he was a good player?

He has experience and been doing it for the past few years even turned down a role with Kentucky. He is getting interest for a reason.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If you think Ed Reed wanting coach us a new spur of the moment thing you're an idol that needs to look at the facts instead of judging LOOK AT THE FACTS.

What?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

As TJ asked.... WUT???

He has experience and been doing it for the past few years even turned down a role with Kentucky. He is getting interest for a reason.

What position should he be given based on his level of experience?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Amos is going to demand top money and there we can get a better fit for Pagano's scheme with that level of pay. Let's find the right guy and firmly take grip of the best Safety combo in the league.

man I don't know. Amos was always healthy and available. That is hard to find out of the safety spot. I prefer the Bears keep Amos.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Great players dont equate to great coaches but i wouldn't mind Reed getting a shot at coaching

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If you think Ed Reed wanting to coach is a new spur of the moment thing, you're an idiot that needs to look at the facts instead of judging. LOOK AT THE FACTS.

Got it

destiny begins

Liked Posts:
He'd be pretty awesome as the hype man in that room and energizer, so I'm all for it. But surely they'll make sure he can help with coaching too, this wouldn't be his first coaching job after all, so the rewards might outweigh the risks, especially as the D will already be changed with the new DC and staff.

Give him a chance to at least interview and proceed in whatever fashion.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
I'm sure pagano had an idea as to whether Reed is a good teacher or not. Big difference between great player and great teacher.

I tend to think Amos might be the most replaceable of the 3 starters who are FAs.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
As a Ravens fan - Reed was able to play at a high level even when he was deteriorating physically because of his football intelligence and instinct. He does have a likeable personality also, so I think the players would play well for him.

I would not be opposed to Reed on the staff at all, because he has been part of some damn good defenses, and he accomplished that through his ability to use his mind when his body started to break down. I think he could actually be a very good coach.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Quote Originally Posted by run and shoot View Post
With some of the b.s. in coach hiring.....how could anybody question bringing Reed in? Reed is a smart guy who deserves a shot

Depends on the position...are you saying he should be named head DB coach?

Sure DB coach would be fine.

My thing is ...there shouldn't be any 'push back' on this guy getting a shot. Some ppl. here seem to question whether Reed has what it takes to coach.....I keep hearing ' good player, doesn't mean good coach'.

Well I'd rather have a HOF-type player coaching young players on what it takes to be good....than some "has been" with no winning credentials (on his resume).

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
I would also like to keep Amos. But to the op.... one of the best S of all time, who was taught by the guy now coaching this D is at the VERY LEAST worth considering. Veteran mentorship of that level ain't east to walk into on the street.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Ed reed come on in !!! As a miami hurricane fan and a bears fan i love this !!!
You must have loved Hester.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
"Prior to accepting his job with the Bears, Pagano was set to be the head coach of the American Team in the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl this week, and Reed was supposed to be his defensive coordinator."

Can't be awful....

no, it cant be awful, but to me it sounds like a guy looking for a stepping stone into being a DC in the NFL and head coach. Jump on the best defensive roster in football and it becomes a spring board. Thats fine if you get all you can out of him this year, but something tells me he has his sights set on a bigger position.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
no, it cant be awful, but to me it sounds like a guy looking for a stepping stone into being a DC in the NFL and head coach. Jump on the best defensive roster in football and it becomes a spring board. Thats fine if you get all you can out of him this year, but something tells me he has his sights set on a bigger position.

Something tells me you are just anotheridiot... He stayed with the Ravens for 12 years even when he was the best safety on the Market and structured his deal so that it was a hometown discount if he was anything less than stellar. While he might have ambition, and strive to be a DC one day, I have no doubt he will be dedicated to any position he might hold.