ESPN All Rookie Team

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/...s-of-the-year-and-the-leagues-all-rookie-team

I know this isn't a big deal or anything seeing as how it's just an ESPN article, but the directino of our team is definitely up when it gets recognized with 3 rookie players.

Roquan, Daniels, and Nichols all made the all rookie team by ESPN. Nice to see our team drafting what appears to be multiple impact players in a single draft. Hopefully this is a good sign of upcoming drafts as well and we can continue to get impact starters year one along with bolstering our depth.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
All deserving.

James Daniels had some rough moments and he is not NFL strong yet, but my god when he has good technique and gets a hold of a guy, he is putting dudes in body bags.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
All deserving.

James Daniels had some rough moments and he is not NFL strong yet, but my god when he has good technique and gets a hold of a guy, he is putting dudes in body bags.

87ea5-original.gif

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Anthony Miller didn't deserve to make the team, but I am confident he will be a player that will make big contributions. So 3 on the team, plus miller....nice draft.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
14th in receiving yards amongst rookies...there has to be a lot of mentions handed out before getting to AntMill.

2nd among rookies for TDs:

1. Calvin Ridley 10
2. Anthony Miller 7

It falls off sharply after that, and yeah, he isn't snubbed by any stretch but a mention isn't stupidly out of the question for rookie WRs.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
2nd among rookies for TDs:

1. Calvin Ridley 10
2. Anthony Miller 7

It falls off sharply after that, and yeah, he isn't snubbed by any stretch but a mention isn't stupidly out of the question for rookie WRs.

Thought Saquon Barkley had more than 6 TDs. I'll have to look that up, but that is a shocking that Miller was 2nd among rookies for TDs.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agree on all of this. And I love Miller, think he'll be a STOUT WR2, with upside.

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
3 that made it plus Miller who I think we all believe has the potential to really blow up over the next few years as this offense gets better, Trubisky gets better, and Nagy really opens up the offense more going forward. As much as the Eagles loss sucked, I'm stoked about next year.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
OK. I misunderstood. I guess that would be the strongest part of Miller's resume, but Josh Allen had one more rushing TD than Miller had receiving TDs, so probably not all that strong.

I agree he is not snubbed.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
3 that made it plus Miller who I think we all believe has the potential to really blow up over the next few years as this offense gets better, Trubisky gets better, and Nagy really opens up the offense more going forward. As much as the Eagles loss sucked, I'm stoked about next year.

Wish I could feel the same.

I guess I really am half-empty guy. All I can think about is how little money the Bears have and that if Nagy and Trubisky do not take the next step and vault into one of the league's premier offenses, then we are screwed from doing much about it at all.

Nagy and Trubisky were awfully average - below average against better teams and a couple of games like Tampa where Mitch blows up won't do it for me at all anymore when he lays eggs like against LA and first 3 quarters vs. Philly etc.

Wait. Before I hit "Post Reply", I need to find the flamesuit ...

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wish I could feel the same.

I guess I really am half-empty guy. All I can think about is how little money the Bears have and that if Nagy and Trubisky do not take the next step and vault into one of the league's premier offenses, then we are screwed from doing much about it at all.

Nagy and Trubisky were awfully average - below average against better teams and a couple of games like Tampa where Mitch blows up won't do it for me at all anymore when he lays eggs like against LA and first 3 quarters vs. Philly etc.

Wait. Before I hit "Post Reply", I need to find the flamesuit ...

No need for flamesuite, we are allowed to disagree, lol. I can see that, but I also think that our team took a huge step from Fox to Nagy, and that is in year 1 of the offense, where half the offense is just worried about how and where to lineup on plays. So a lot of the nuances of the offenses couldn't be implemented yet, and now we can go into our offseason with the same coach, same qb, lots of the same weapons on offense, and we will be seeing them take a big second step.

A lot of our defensive talent return, and yes we now have Pagano instead of Fangio, but Pagano is a very good DC, so I'd be surprised if our defense took a nosedive. I can't expect the same number of takeaways next year because this year was crazy in that regard, but I still think they'll be very good.

Trubisky may have been average at times, but at times he really shined as well. I think another year in this offense though and he'll do nothing but get better.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Remove the outliers, and it wasn't a good offense. Plenty of issues to fox this off-season.

EDIT: even with the outliers, it still wasn't a good offense.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
We also have real options to increase the amount by a good amount. Sims, Long and potentially Trevethan can be cut. I know Trevethan will have people shaking there heads but if the staff believes in Iggy, we have our stud ILB in Smith and with how little we are actually in base defense we can get by without him. I like him but when you are outplayed by a rookie by a significant margin, you aren't worth 7.6M. He could he our suprise cut. If we could use that money to replace Massie with an elite RT then he has to go.