2019 Rookie impact players

What postition gets the most rookie contribution next season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
No one has bad answers here, but I would put a bid in for ILB.

Trevathan was astonishingly healthy this year, and I am not banking on that again. Kwiat is no long-term answer there.

Exactly this.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
Needs in order of urgence:

1. G/T - O-Line was the weakest link of Nagy's offense, run blocking was horrendous, Massie is mediocre and a FA, Long is on his last legs
2. S/nickel - depending on FA outcome (Amos and Callahan are FAs)
3. RB - if they don't pick up Hunt via. FA (this offense needs versatile every down speed back)
4. OLB - you can never have enough of pass rushers (plus Lynch is a FA)
5. K/P - you can pick up those post Draft (as only rare of them get drafted, for example Chargers rookie K Badgley went undrafted)

Hammer

Liked Posts:
No one has bad answers here, but I would put a bid in for ILB.

Trevathan was astonishingly healthy this year, and I am not banking on that again. Kwiat is no long-term answer there.

Pace drafted ILB Iyiegbuniwe in 4th round of 2018 Draft for that.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Safety and rt would be the two best spots a rookie can make an impact on this roster

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
It is never a bad idea to draft extensively in the trenches. Offensive and defensive line depth and versatility is scarce yet critical to team success. Forget that Massie is gone this year and Long gone next year. That's not even the point. The point is these picks are always worth while.

Even the Jordan Morgan and Tayo Fabuluje picks, both objectively busts, were actually great picks in theory. What Pace was trying to do with those players is what he should continue trying to do every year. It paid off in 2018 with Bilal Nichols.

With limited resources the Bears should make a concerted effort to make this draft all about bolstering the lines.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Pace drafted ILB Iyiegbuniwe in 4th round of 2018 Draft for that.

Oh thank God. I assumed it was Kwiat and no other body. Now that you have conformed there are actually other living human beings besides Kwiat now I can rest easy.

Wait I forgot to mention how productive Trevathan was and how critical some of his plays were. Knowing Joel Iggy can do the same thing? I guess you are cool with not actually knowing? Unless you claim to know he can man the position in case of injury or DT becomes cap casualty?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
It is never a bad idea to draft extensively in the trenches. Offensive and defensive line depth and versatility is scarce yet critical to team success. Forget that Massie is gone this year and Long gone next year. That's not even the point. The point is these picks are always worth while.

Yeah, I can't remember the last time the Bears missed on an OL pick, especially in the 1st and 2nd rounds. Those picks have always worked out well for Chicago.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I voted Kicker but he may not be drafted. As for the draft, it will be BPA, RB unless we have a line on Hunt and/or WR. Maybe a LB thrown in somehow. Kicker is not out of the question. I think our OL gets addressed outside the draft My expectations are for Long to be back to at least VG next year and Daniels to progress. Massie is the wild card and dependant on how they feel about Coward.