What is the minimum you would accept for Howard?

What is the minimum pick you would accept for Howard?

• 2nd

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • 3rd

Votes: 32 33.0%
  • 4th

Votes: 34 35.1%
  • 5th

Votes: 19 19.6%
  • 6th

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 7th

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't trade him at all. We probably won't get much in return to the point that it would be better to keep him.

I don't know why people seem so hell bent on trading him...so much so, it seems like some want to trade him just to trade him.

Like we're making a clearing for an abusive, free agent running back who's going to face a suspension that we don't know the terms of.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’d rather have spencer ware in this offense than Howard.

In 2016 with the Chiefs, Ware's stats were almost identical to Howards were this year. It's like you don't even think.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He was projected as 4th or 5th round selection in the draft and has proven more valuable. Least I take is a 3rd. If he goes to downhill zone blocking scheme, he'll again be the monster he was here before Nagy. If I were Nagy, I incorporate more zone runs find the right mix and keep him. He can now catch etc so teams couldn't simply line up to stop a zone run. Even if they did, he's proven successful against a stacked deck.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
A 2nd and im serious. Howard is an elite back who wasnt used last season

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
That shit belongs in the madden forum

Long still has a good reputation around the league, and in general looked decent in the stretch he came back in.

This isn't like trading Sam Acho. Long was a top guard in the league. The catch here is if you can dupe a prospective trader into believing he can be again.

Not impossible - every year around draft time, some team makes a stupid trade. Why can't the Bears be the sellers in one of those?

msadows

Liked Posts:
In 2016 with the Chiefs, Ware's stats were almost identical to Howards were this year. It's like you don't even think.

Less carries, more yards, and 4 times Howard’s pass catching yards.

Totally comparable.

One is an all purpose back, the other is a runningback that fits an offense from 20 years ago, which is why he flourished under John Fox.

It’s like you don’t think. I get it, you have an attachment to Howard, so do I, but he hurts this offense in the long run. Ware is definitely a better option, because if Howard replicates this current year for us next year this offense won’t do shit

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Long still has a good reputation around the league, and in general looked decent in the stretch he came back in.

This isn't like trading Sam Acho. Long was a top guard in the league. The catch here is if you can dupe a prospective trader into believing he can be again.

Not impossible - every year around draft time, some team makes a stupid trade. Why can't the Bears be the sellers in one of those?

Every word in this post makes zero sense.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Carlos Hyde was traded for a 5th round pick.

So you are telling me Carlos Hyde has the same worth as Jordan Howard.

That was a midseason trade so a little different.

I think that is probably a fair comparison, both are not really special backs, but can start in the league.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Just saw something interesting. Looked up Kyle Long's contract. And while the Bears would be on the hook for 2019-2020 in 2021 if they kept him, there's a potential out in the contract for the Bears right now where if they wanted to they could cut Kyle and only have 3 million in dead cap.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We would be lucky to get a 4th for him IMO as I think he probably nets a 5th rounder. Bigger question IMO is which teams run a scheme where he fits as a RB? Could he work for example in SF where they have had a lot of banged up RBs and could use a durable guy like Howard. I presume with Shanny as the coach that Howard would work as he fits in Papa Shanny's cutback system.

Teams I would call

Miami-need a bigger back to go with Howard
Buffalo
Oakland
SF
TB

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you can't get a 3rd for him(highly unlikely), why not just let him hit FA and get a comp pick for him?

You won't get a legit comp pick for him.

If he signs for 4/season you might get a 5th round comp pick for him.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't trade him at all. We probably won't get much in return to the point that it would be better to keep him.

I don't know why people seem so hell bent on trading him...so much so, it seems like some want to trade him just to trade him.

Like we're making a clearing for an abusive, free agent running back who's going to face a suspension that we don't know the terms of.

Because when asked a direct question about Howard, Matt Nagy gave a 2 minute answer where he does not even mention Howard. Then he went on to talk for 4 minutes about Kareem Hunt who is not even on the team.

If you left that press conference thinking Howard was Nagy's guy we watched 2 different events.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Less carries, more yards, and 4 times Howard’s pass catching yards.

Totally comparable.

One is an all purpose back, the other is a runningback that fits an offense from 20 years ago, which is why he flourished under John Fox.

It’s like you don’t think. I get it, you have an attachment to Howard, so do I, but he hurts this offense in the long run. Ware is definitely a better option, because if Howard replicates this current year for us next year this offense won’t do shit

Howard would have had more receiving yards if Bears didn't have Cohen.

Fine, you want to trade Howard. That's great. I haven't seen one person throw out what the plan is after that. Hope and pray their is a stud all purpose back available for us to take in the 3rd? There are going to be more important roles to fill. RT, S, NB. If we trade Howard, Pace will just be creating a hole for no reason.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You won't get a legit comp pick for him.

If he signs for 4/season you might get a 5th round comp pick for him.

So what you’re saying is keep him so he can have our run game be one of the worst in the league. Then let him walk so we can get the 5th round pick two years down the road.