Likely Trubisky's Biggest Improvement

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Brady
Rodgers
Brees
Mahomes
Wilson

To me those are the elite QBs in the NFL, Mitch should be battling to slot in the 6-10 range.

Not sure I’d put Mahomes up there, YET. He had an elite season, the other 4, elite careers. If he continues the way this year went, he’ll be in the greatest ever conversation. He may have a few Cutler years too, although for KC fans I sure hope not. I actually believe had the Bears taken him, he would’ve been Jay 2.0, just like some people thought he’d be. That may just be my Bears suck at QBs history talking though.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Hard count

Mitch was good at this last year. He continued to be good at it. What I'd like to see is Nagy put a piece in there that allows the snap to occur based on a player jumping. I'd also like to see Mitch be able to recognize that and take advantage of the free play.

Hey Modo,
So whether teams take advantage of the free play or not has to do with coaching normally? I take it you mean the coach tells them if there is encroachment then just take the penalty and don't worry about trying to get the free play?

Sometimes it feels like the center just doesn't snap the ball fast enough or the QB is just not aware of the flag, and sometimes I see the refs throw the flag then come running into the field of play waving the play dead... But seems like EVERY TIME Rodgers gets a chance he gets the free play... I'd love the see MT bark out counts the way Rodgers does and get the free plays.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey Modo,
So whether teams take advantage of the free play or not has to do with coaching normally? I take it you mean the coach tells them if there is encroachment then just take the penalty and don't worry about trying to get the free play?

Sometimes it feels like the center just doesn't snap the ball fast enough or the QB is just not aware of the flag, and sometimes I see the refs throw the flag then come running into the field of play waving the play dead... But seems like EVERY TIME Rodgers gets a chance he gets the free play... I'd love the see MT bark out counts the way Rodgers does and get the free plays.

I think it is a training and practice issue. I have seen teams snap the ball early when a player jumps to get the flag. This comes with line continuity and training. When Trubisky does his hard count it doesn't seem like our line always takes advantage of it. If a defensive player jumps into the neutral zone, at a minimum an OT or guard should move to draw the encroachment penalty...I didn't see that happen enough. They could also snap the ball while the defensive player is in the neutral zone and get a free play.

Either way I saw Trubisky get guys to jump a lot and we did not take enough advantage of it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Promising but very inconsistent season by Trubs. His overall numbers were good but the volatility game was a bit concerning. I would much rather his highs not be as high if it meant his lows were as low. His accuracy also seemed to regress a bit. He had a lot of throws that were not even in the neighborhood.

On the brightside he did improve his pocket awareness and improved on his decision making when it came to deciding when to run. If he can get his arm and passing decision making to catch up with his feet then he could really take off.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
1. Mahomes
2. Brees
3. Wilson
4. Rodgers

5. Brady
6. Rivers
7. Goff
8. Roethlisberger
9. Wentz

10. Cousins
11. Watson
12. Prescott
13. Trubisky

This is how I'd rank the QBs this season up to Trubisky's rank which is obviously #13. Have him in tier 3 right now but fully expect him to make the jump into the top 10 and the 2nd tier.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Assuming you missed Luck by mistake?

I would probably also have him behind Ryan and Newton but that is debatable I guess.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Assuming you missed Luck by mistake?

I would probably also have him behind Ryan and Newton but that is debatable I guess.

Did miss luck and Ryan by mistake yes. Would put him back @15. Newton had an off year and was injured through a lot of it.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Mahomes is as elite as they come, 50 TD's in his first full season. I love Mitch but he couldn't even carry Mahomes' jockstrap right now.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He may have a few Cutler years too, although for KC fans I sure hope not. I actually believe had the Bears taken him, he would’ve been Jay 2.0, just like some people thought he’d be.

"A few Cutler years"

"Jay 2.0"

I will never understand why Bear Nation keeps comparing Patrick Mahomes to Jay Cutler when they literally could not be more different because Jay Cutler was nothing but a pouty faced loser who specialized in losing games while Patrick Mahomes is a bright faced winner with an infectious smile that has infected his entire Kansas City Chiefs professional football team with so much winning that they are literally one win away from playing in the Super Bowl because Patrick Mahomes just mastered the same offense that Matt Nagy says takes five years to master but Patrick Mahomes mastered it in literally five weeks and Bear Nation is just "way jelly" that Mitchell Trubisky is going to need so many more weeks to master literally the same offense.

Shaking my head at all of you hating "haters".

Last edited:

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
"A few Cutler years"

"Jay 2.0"

I will never understand why Bear Nation keeps comparing Patrick Mahomes to Jay Cutler when they literally could not be more different because Jay Cutler was nothing but a pouty faced loser who specialized in losing games while Patrick Mahomes is a bright faced winner with an infectious smile that has infected his entire Kansas City Chiefs professional football team with so much winning that they are literally one win away from playing in the Super Bowl because Patrick Mahomes just mastered the same offense that Matt Nagy says takes five years to master but Patrick Mahomes mastered it in literally five weeks and Bear Nation is just "way jelly" that Mitchell Trubisky is going to need so many more weeks to master literally the same offense.

Patrick is a very special player, no doubt about it. Maybe a bit of jealously he's not in a Bears uniform..

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
"A few Cutler years"

"Jay 2.0"

Holy run on sentence Batman!!

What I said, or meant, was that it’s too early to crown him...YET. If he plays at say 50% of this year, he’ll still be considered elite. The Cutler comparisons were made well before this year, by so called experts that didn’t trust his intelligence and worried that he’d be too risky with the football. My thing is that the Bears would’ve just tossed the kid out there and said “win for us, please” thus causing him to become Jay 2.0. See? So no, not jealous, don’t wish the Bears would’ve taken him cuz I think they would’ve fucked him up, but again it might just be my life as a Bears fan talking here.

And he didn’t master the O “literally five weeks” , he sat a season and watched and learned. That means a lot I would think. Give him props for sure, but man give the kids dick a little room to breathe would ya?

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators

What I said, or meant, was that it’s too early to crown him...YET. If he plays at say 50% of this year, he’ll still be considered elite. The Cutler comparisons were made well before this year, by so called experts that didn’t trust his intelligence and worried that he’d be too risky with the football. My thing is that the Bears would’ve just tossed the kid out there and said “win for us, please” thus causing him to become Jay 2.0. See? So no, not jealous, don’t wish the Bears would’ve taken him cuz I think they would’ve fucked him up, but again it might just be my life as a Bears fan talking here.

And he didn’t master the O “literally five weeks” , he sat a season and watched and learned. That means a lot I would think. Give him props for sure, but man give the kids dick a little room to breathe would ya?

When you got a dick that big it's tough sometimes.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

This makes no sense. The Bears didnt toss Trubs out there. They had Glennon. And not sure why you presuming they would have fucked up Mahommes when they haven't fucked ip Trubs? You saying Nagy couldn't develop Mahommes when he was the same guy that helped develop him in the one year he sat?

Just seems like a lot of excuse making to try and justify not taking Mahommes. Unless you telling me the Bears dont hire Nagy, there is no logical reason for this belief.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What I said, or meant, was that it’s too early to crown him...YET. If he plays at say 50% of this year, he’ll still be considered elite.

I am not "crowning" anyone. I am just saying comparing Jay Cutler to Patrick Mahomes is like literally comparing a banana to a pineapple.

Also if Patrick Mahomes only wins six games and throws 25 TDs this coming season all of this "elite" talk gets put on the "back burner" in my most honest opinion.

The Cutler comparisons were made well before this year, by so called experts that didn’t trust his intelligence and worried that he’d be too risky with the football.

And I will never understand those either because Patrick Mahomes was putting up REDOINKULIOUS stats in college too, but all these "experts" saw was a huge arm and enough INTs to call him "Jay Cutler 2.0" because they are more focused on internet "hits" over literally doing their job.

My thing is that the Bears would’ve just tossed the kid out there and said “win for us, please” thus causing him to become Jay 2.0. See?

That is literally how it works.

Only now the Bears have much better coaching...especially on offense where it never would have de-evolved into the "dumpster fire" situation they found themselves in with Jay Cutler.

So no, not jealous, don’t wish the Bears would’ve taken him cuz I think they would’ve fucked him up, but again it might just be my life as a Bears fan talking here.

Okay, not jealous. Just a little ignorant. I get though...Bear Nation does have Legit PTSD 4 QBs.

And he didn’t master the O “literally five weeks” , he sat a season and watched and learned. That means a lot I would think.

I have "sat and watched" literally decades of seasons and it has done literally nothing to develop me into a NFL QB...so I think you are overthinking while overstating this overused underestimation of Patrick Mahomes.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
His off target throws seemed purposeful to me in that when he missed, he usually missed wide and out. The precision of his grouped misses suggests a purpose behind the missing (ie "take a shot to keep em honest but dont turn it over") that does not suggest an actual issue with accuracy where he is missing deep here /short there/ inside the receiver/outside the shoulder/ pretty much all over the place over a long period.

What he needs is a touch to the deep ball to shrink his downfield window from a "barn door" to the proverbial window that separates great QBs from decent QBs.

Agreed

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Watched KC game last week, Mahomes zip on the ball made me sad, never seen a tight spiral like that...

Must've been the first football game you've ever watched in your life then.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
This makes no sense. The Bears didnt toss Trubs out there. They had Glennon. And not sure why you presuming they would have fucked up Mahommes when they haven't fucked ip Trubs? You saying Nagy couldn't develop Mahommes when he was the same guy that helped develop him in the one year he sat?

Just seems like a lot of excuse making to try and justify not taking Mahommes. Unless you telling me the Bears dont hire Nagy, there is no logical reason for this belief.

You don’t read, you just argue, same shit, different post.
I don’t need excuses, I didn’t pick either QB, not my job.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
I am not "crowning" anyone. I am just saying comparing Jay Cutler to Patrick Mahomes is like literally comparing a banana to a pineapple.

Not my comparison though.

I have "sat and watched" literally decades of seasons and it has done literally nothing to develop me into a NFL QB...so I think you are overthinking while overstating this overused underestimation of Patrick Mahomes.

Well that’s just silly as hell. Maybe the “quarterback X had time to watch and learn behind quarterback Z” is complete bull, but it’s been said by pretty much every single NFL expert over the years. My only argument was that you said he learned it in literally 5 weeks, that’s just not true. It’s kind of like saying a brain surgeon literally learned to be a surgeon the first skull he cut open. That year on the bench was a pretty good advanced class on that O.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well that’s just silly as hell. Maybe the “quarterback X had time to watch and learn behind quarterback Z” is complete bull, but it’s been said by pretty much every single NFL expert over the years.

The same "NFL experts" that also said Patrick Mahomes is "Jay Cutler 2.0"? You even say it may be "complete bull", but still want to pretend this thing that is not a thing is still a thing?!?!?

SMH

My only argument was that you said he learned it in literally 5 weeks, that’s just not true.

After five weeks of training camp and preseason....Patrick Mahomes threw 13 TDs to ZERO INTs in his first three games. If that does not count as "mastering the system" I literally do not know what to tell you.

It’s kind of like saying a brain surgeon literally learned to be a surgeon the first skull he cut open.

I am pretty sure part of being a surgeon is learning how to be a surgeon before they let you "cut open skulls". Otherwise it is just called "murder".

That year on the bench was a pretty good advanced class on that O.

No...that year on the bench was an advanced class in "How to Succesfully Trade a Used Up QB 101".