How would you rank Trubisky, Watson, and Mahomes going forward?

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubersky proved today why he shouldn't be a Pro Bowl QB

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Indeed. Realism and objectivity are not popular on this forum.

Oh they are, do you know of anyone who is realistic and objective here?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And Belichick passed on Brady 5 times.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If he said no one outside of Chicago believes Mitch is better than Mahomes, I would agree. Although, I really don’t know anyone here who believes he is better than Mahomes and certainly not at this stage of their careers.

As far as Watson goes, you have zero objectivity.

You're wrong, I have more objectivity than most of you, because as this poll shows, most of you are complete homers. My opinion on the order of these three reflects what the majority of neutral people across the country would say. That's the very essence of objectivity. A homer board laughably putting Trubisky ahead of Watson to the degree he was in this thread is the opposite of objectivity.

Airtime summed this up perfectly in reply #149.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There was a poll?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't let any facts disrupt your tunnel vision. Oh, and teams that passed on all 3 of these QBs while needing one. Jets, Browns, 49ers, Jags and Bills.

And here's a refresher course for those that are dumping on Pace over Mitch. These are final predraft.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-trubisky-leads-qb-class-lacking-elite-talent

http://walterfootball.com/draft2017QB.php

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland...-quarterbacks-over-last-five-years-117040059/

http://draftscout.com/ratings/probe.php?genpos=QB&draftyear=2017&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC

Of course there was debate but find one with Mahomes at the top on draft day. I'm sure it exists somewhere but so did Akili Smith.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't let any facts disrupt your tunnel vision. Oh, and teams that passed on all 3 of these QBs while needing one. Jets, Browns, 49ers, Jags and Bills.

And here's a refresher course for those that are dumping on Pace over Mitch. These are final predraft.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-trubisky-leads-qb-class-lacking-elite-talent

http://walterfootball.com/draft2017QB.php

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland...-quarterbacks-over-last-five-years-117040059/

http://draftscout.com/ratings/probe.php?genpos=QB&draftyear=2017&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC

Of course there was debate but find one with Mahomes at the top on draft day. I'm sure it exists somewhere but so did Akili Smith.
Complete nonsense being spewed by you on this brisk day. Pace got fleeced by trading up an already high pick to get the 3rd best QB in the draft and you try to compare that to when Belichick got an absolute bargain 2 decades ago when drafting Brady late in a draft he had no intentions of drafting a QB in cause he already had his starting QB.

Now you want to point to dummies who thought Trubisky was the best in an effort to excuse the Pace blunder and say he shouldn’t have known better? Did Green Bay listen to these jackasses when they went and got Rodgers? Did the Hawks listen to those jackasses when they went and got Wilson? Did Reid listen at all while the Chiefs paid a heavy price to move up and get Mahomes?

GMs and HCs are not hired to go along with what is perceived to be the most popular opinion.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
You're wrong, I have more objectivity than most of you, because as this poll shows, most of you are complete homers. My opinion on the order of these three reflects what the majority of neutral people across the country would say. That's the very essence of objectivity. A homer board laughably putting Trubisky ahead of Watson to the degree he was in this thread is the opposite of objectivity.

It's impressive that you have an internal database that is tuned in on what the majority of the country thinks and believes on this topic. If you haven't already, you might consider a career in b to c, e-commerce consulting. You can use that objective insight and knowledge of the general public to make big bucks.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Complete nonsense being spewed by you on this brisk day. Pace got fleeced by trading up an already high pick to get the 3rd best QB in the draft and you try to compare that to when Belichick got an absolute bargain 2 decades ago when drafting Brady late in a draft he had no intentions of drafting a QB in cause he already had his starting QB.

Now you want to point to dummies who thought Trubisky was the best in an effort to excuse the Pace blunder and say he shouldn’t have known better? Did Green Bay listen to these jackasses when they went and got Rodgers? Did the Hawks listen to those jackasses when they went and got Wilson? Did Reid listen at all while the Chiefs paid a heavy price to move up and get Mahomes?

GMs and HCs are not hired to go along with what is perceived to be the most popular opinion.

Nope, just pointing out that drafts are not done by fortune tellers. Do you think Belichick would have taken Redman instead if he was still there in 6?

Historically, the 1st QB taken in a draft is more often than not, not the best one in that draft. I knew that on draft day. Doesn't make taking that shot any easier but in our case definitely necessary.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
it is possible they have the complete season with wildcard games included? or maybe pfr does.
I would imagine that would swing the needle a little.

no playoffs just reg season games

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Nope, just pointing out that drafts are not done by fortune tellers.

Then the decision to move up and take any of the three quarterbacks, even if Mahomes, would have been a bad move then, no? All of those guys, who had Mitch one even, were basically saying the same thing "he's got great athletic ability + arm but you just wonder about decision making and reads". This isn't like the Bears traded up to get a Andrew Luck type prospect.

And according to the Chase Stuart draft value chart, the Bears gave up the equivalent of the 10th pick in the draft to move up one spot to take a guy that was barely (if any) rated ahead of Mahomes or Watson.

It would suck knowing the Bears probably got the worst QB of the three in the first round with the #3 pick but it's made WAY worse by the fact they gave up so much value to do it.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Did you like my rankings?

Post #39

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Then the decision to move up and take any of the three quarterbacks, even if Mahomes, would have been a bad move then, no? All of those guys, who had Mitch one even, were basically saying the same thing "he's got great athletic ability + arm but you just wonder about decision making and reads". This isn't like the Bears traded up to get a Andrew Luck type prospect.

And according to the Chase Stuart draft value chart, the Bears gave up the equivalent of the 10th pick in the draft to move up one spot to take a guy that was barely (if any) rated ahead of Mahomes or Watson.

It would suck knowing the Bears probably got the worst QB of the three in the first round with the #3 pick but it's made WAY worse by the fact they gave up so much value to do it.

No. If you can't figure out that you still need to take your best shot for your guy, you haven't been paying attention. It's a draft. You do the best you can and cross your fingers. This idea of either certainty or absolute uncertainty are both off. Like most things, the answer is in the gray but most people can only see in black or white.

On any normal trade value chart, the value of our trade at full value of the 2nd year's pick is a 2nd round pick. That you found some bullshit outlyer that didn't properly factor the effects of the rookie wage scale that was new when he came up with his arbitrary system and is just odd doesn't make it so. If a team could trade 2 3s and a 4 for the 10th pick in the draft, it would happen every year.

Completely unrealistic take on a draft.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
This question of whether Pace should’ve traded up for Trubisky is a good one.

I’m glad we’re finally addressing it!

Visionman

Liked Posts:
This question of whether Pace should’ve traded up for Trubisky is a good one.

I’m glad we’re finally addressing it!

The real question is, if KC and Andy Reid were in our position back then, would they have traded UP to #1 to get Trubs, or only up to #2?