Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Winning 6 Super Bowls is more impressive than winning 6 NBA titles. Although the Bulls did it in an 8 year span and their best player wasn’t there for the most part of 2 of those years and the Pats titles span over an 18 year period so that kinda pulls the Bulls closer I think. IDK.

Jordan was more important to those titles than Brady was though. Belichick is more important than Brady. Not to say Brady isn’t really important. They for thee most part share the recognition for those 6 titles. There’s constant debates about who actually is more responsible for their success. There’s no doubt with the bulls though. Yeah, they had Pippen and Jackson. That was his team though. He was more responsible for those titles than any other player, coach, scout, owner, whoever. You can’t say that with Brady. They would have won titles without Brady. Not 6. They would have won Super Bowls though. The Bulls wouldn’t have won a damn thing without Jordan.

Since they've never won a Super Bowl without him, that's a stretch.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Is Bradys 6 titles more impressive than Jordans 6? I say it is. In fact i believe the Pats dynasty is the greatest in sports history. He won his first Super Bowl 18 years ago ffs!!! Much more difficult to do in football than in Basketball. We`ll never see another run like this.

Yeah i agree.

Higrader

BANNED
Liked Posts:
When the celtics won their first title in 1957 there were 8 teams in the league. When Russell won his last title in 1969 there were 14 teams. Yeah. Completely different time and far easier than winning 6 titles in todays NFL.

Good point.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
The Patriotz are the Spurs
Brady is Duncan

Great team, system, and leader, but probably not considered the best ever individually.

There are several teams I'd take in a Super Bowl matchup over the years over the Pats from a talent standpoint.

98 Vikings
Dynasty Broncos
85 Bears
99 Rams
94-95 Niners
2006 Colts

QBs more talented than Brady:
Rodgers, Manning, Brees, Mahomes, Marino, Montana, Kurt Warner.

However, the Pat's and Brady make it work to form an unstoppable force.

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Brady and Belichick have a unique synergistic relationship. I don't think you can judge one without the other. In that context I would agree the Patriots dynasty is more impressive than the Bulls of the 90's. As an individual performance however I still give the nod to Jordan.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Jordan played both offense AND defense.

Brady is to much of a pussy to play D

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Brady and Belichick have a unique synergistic relationship. I don't think you can judge one without the other. In that context I would agree the Patriots dynasty is more impressive than the Bulls of the 90's. As an individual performance however I still give the nod to Jordan.

How many titles did Jordan win without Phil Jackson?

Also, how many titles did Jordan win without Pippen?

Brady and Bellichek are similar to Jackson and Jordan but Brady never had another top 50 player of all time playing with him like Jordan had with Pippen.

Took Jordan 8 years to win a title for a reason. For all his talent, he still needed a system and another great player to aid him.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:

Brady and Bellichek are similar to Jackson and Jordan but Brady never had another top 50 player of all time playing with him like Jordan had with Pippen.

Took Jordan 8 years to win a title for a reason. For all his talent, he still needed a system and another great player to aid him.

Jordan won a title without them at UNC.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The Patriotz are the Spurs
Brady is Duncan

Great team, system, and leader, but probably not considered the best ever individually.

There are several teams I'd take in a Super Bowl matchup over the years over the Pats from a talent standpoint.

98 Vikings
Dynasty Broncos
85 Bears
99 Rams
94-95 Niners
2006 Colts

QBs more talented than Brady:
Rodgers, Manning, Brees, Mahomes, Marino, Montana, Kurt Warner.

However, the Pat's and Brady make it work to form an unstoppable force.

How about letting Mahomes play a little longer before putting him in that company. He had a great season but come on.

Nicker

Liked Posts:
The only fair way to look at it is to assume you become owner of an NFL team and NBA team at exactly the same time and you get to hand pick one of either Brady or Jordan to be the centerpiece of your teams, if nothing is guaranteed, who do you pick? I think it’s jordan and it’s not that close.

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

How many times was Jackson considered the best coach in basketball? Jackson and Jordan didn't grow together, Jordan was already one of the best players in the game.

Gronk? That was the name that popped off the top of my head. Not that interested to look up who else Brady has played with.

It took Belichick 9 years to win a title. Under Belichick Brady has grown from a dink and dunk game manager to the best qb in the game. Without Belichick I believe Brady would have been the first Kirk Cousins. And I believe Belichick would have been a good coach without Brady, but not one of the greatest coaches ever. The point is Jordan would have been great regardless but Brady and Belichick need each other. Comparing the two is like comparing a beautiful face with a great rack. You can admire both.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1. The point is Jordan didn't win anything without Jackson.

2. The point is Brady won without Gronk. Jordan never won without Pippen.

3. There is no evidence that Jordan would have won without Jackson helping him to stop being so selfish and trusting the triangle offense. Jordan would still have been a great player but possible he would have ended up like how people view Russel Westbrook. A guy that put up great numbers but couldn't win.

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
Considering the meltdown by Atlanta in essence giving away the SuperBowl and the inexplicable decision by Seattle to pass instead of run Beast Mode for 1 yard, these Fucks are lucky to have 4 wins. Jordan by a mile.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
1. The point is Jordan didn't win anything without Jackson.

Jackson's hiring with the Bulls was like the Bears hiring Trestman. Jackson was an unknown who was also considered on the 'fringe' of the coaching ranks. It all worked out, but lets not misconstrue history as if Jackson was the NBA version of Bill Belichick when he took the Chicago job. And, as usual, I'm not sure what your point is with this (if any)...Magic Johnson won titles with Westhead and Riley, Bird won titles with Fitch and Jones...so are those two players automatically better than Michael Jordan?

2. The point is Brady won without Gronk. Jordan never won without Pippen.

Again, I love how you misconstrue history. You reference Pippen being a Top 50 player, but do you think Pippen would have been considered a Top 50 player without Jordan? Should we call Bird overrated because he played with TWO Top 50 players in Parish and McHale, although in reality neither Parish nor McHale would have been considered a Top 50 player without Bird?

3. There is no evidence that Jordan would have won without Jackson helping him to stop being so selfish and trusting the triangle offense. Jordan would still have been a great player but possible he would have ended up like how people view Russel Westbrook. A guy that put up great numbers but couldn't win.

A completely ridiculous statement. When the Pistons were thugging their way to titles, their only competition was the Bulls and Jordan. In 89 before Jackson was hired with the Bulls, the Pistons swept EVERYONE in the playoffs...except they went 6 games against the Bulls in the conference finals. Even then, it seemed like only a matter of time before the Bulls broke through the Pistons and started winning titles on their own.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Is this a difficult question that requires some sort of bravery to ask?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Rory,

1. The poster remarked that Brady never won without Bellichek. I am simply telling him Jordan never won without Jackson. And Bellichek was a failed HC who got a second chance so let's not pretend he was accomplished as a head coach. In any event, I am not suggesting this makes Brady better than Jordan. I am saying the poster's argument was silly because the same thing applied to Jordan in terms of never winning without a specific head coach.

2. Again I am not suggesting this makes Brady better than Jordan. I am just following the poster's logic and noting that Jordan had Pippen for all his titles while Brady never had such a player for all his titles.

3. Yeah but they didn't do it now did they? Again, all I am saying is Jordan never won without Jackson. Brady never won without Bellichek. So for the poster to hype up the latter as a reason for Jordan being better is silly. I never claimed Brady was better. Just that the poster's argument was flawed.