Biggs: Massie Contract Details

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I'm not seeing where he complained about the contract tho...
Gotta love it when people preemptively complain about someone complaining.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Solid contract that will buy us a few years

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rob, you're about as edgy as river rocks. Now go back to the kids table and eat your playdoh and boogers like a good little boy.

only one person with an attitude up in here

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gotta love it when people preemptively complain about someone complaining.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If you were on these boards a year ago and throughout last offseason, you would know why. The majority of the haters, flamers, and negative trollers are now acting like they knew it all along and trust Pace now after all the sudden some of those '16 & '17 < 6pt losses to good teams with glaring roster holes & massive injuries & SHIT coaching amazingly became Ws.

I'm still a bit bitter how ignorantly childish many on CCS were for so long. Granted most were in the middle-ground of "I'll wait and see", or "You're crazy...no more than 6 wins in 2018 til they prove otherwise" despite a shit ton of reasons to figure '18 was go time for a turnaround.

It really is refreshing to see a massive overall swing toward general optimism and faith in the Bears Brass now and I'm so glad McKaskeys hung in there to see the rebuild through, despite media & fans roasting them.

We've been so conditioned to brace for idiots complaining for years, the pre-emptive strikes are understandable - and may even be working!?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Paces off seasons were trash up until 2018. There is no denying it. All the top free agents he tried to get didn’t want to play in Chicago. He finally changed that once he hired naggy

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Paces off seasons were trash up until 2018. There is no denying it. All the top free agents he tried to get didn’t want to play in Chicago. He finally changed that once he hired naggy

They only looked like trash if you didn't have a brain to think logically.

Some obviously still can't...

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Those 3 offseasons added Trubisky, Howard, Whitehair, Hicks, Goldman, Floyd, Trevathan, Amukamara, Amous, Jackson as starters to this 12-4 team.

Soooo, no.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

So worst to 1st in 1 year. Got it.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
So worst to 1st in 1 year. Got it.

autographed-jim-miller-8x10-photo-chicago-bears549-t2371396-2991.jpg

I remember when the Bears fired Dick Jauron, the main sticking point was that he hadn't won a postseason game in 5 years time. Ryan Pace is going into his 5th year!

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The way I like to think of Pace's performance: Pace inherited one of the worst, oldest rosters that you could ever imagine in early 2015. To put this into perspective these are the players on the Bears' roster at the end of 2014 that were still in the league at the beginning of 2018:
Jeffrey, O'Donnell, Long, Jordan Mills, Bellamy, Bostic, Bushrod, Conte, Fuller, Gould, Christian Jones, Slauson, Cornelius Washington, McMannis.

14 of 53 players, 26%. 2 fully ST, 2 mainly ST, 3 below average players (CW, CC, JM), two average at best starters (JB, CJ), Slauson and Bushrod (probably average starters at the time and over the hill now), and three really good players (KF, AJ, KL). That is hot garbage.

Pace has had his share of misses, esp in FA, and has given some very bad contracts. But he turned a total shit sandwich into what looks like a team that has a legit window for the next 3-5 years.

Edit: Forgot Leno and Michael Ola, one good and one bad.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
They only looked like trash if you didn't have a brain to think logically.

Some obviously still can't...

They were complete trash no question about it. That is thinking logically. Paying top dollar to third tier talent because no one wanted to play here. That is a fact you don’t have to be too sensitive about it.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Those 3 offseasons added Trubisky, Howard, Whitehair, Hicks, Goldman, Floyd, Trevathan, Amukamara, Amous, Jackson as starters to this 12-4 team.

Soooo, no.

And you totally ignore all the other god awful moves lol

I call it like I see it his first three years were riddled with dud free agents cause this wasn’t a destination spot. We got the culture change hiring naggy and without a doubt it helped land the solid free agents last offseason

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
The way I like to think of Pace's performance: Pace inherited one of the worst, oldest rosters that you could ever imagine in early 2015. To put this into perspective these are the players on the Bears' roster at the end of 2014 that were still in the league at the beginning of 2018:
Jeffrey, O'Donnell, Long, Jordan Mills, Bellamy, Bostic, Bushrod, Conte, Fuller, Gould, Christian Jones, Slauson, Cornelius Washington, McMannis.

14 of 53 players, 26%.

I don't really think that level of turnover is atypical. If you look at the starters from the 2018 Patriots compared to the 2014 Patriots, you get 6 players who are the same (Brady, Gronk, Edelman, Hightower, McCourtey & Chung)...27%.

I think Pace has been given enough time and "earned" enough top 10 draft positions so that we can stop referring to what he inherited when he became GM. He's proven himself to be better than Phil Emery, but its time to take the next step of sustained success.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Windy, would you take a moment to explain the 101 financial razzle-dazzle the NFL does here for the layman?

Why is the 2019 cap hit only $3.8 million when they are actually giving Massie $9 million in 2019 ($2.4 base salary, $6.5 signing bonus, $100,000 workout bonus)?

Signing money is paid in cash as soon as he signs the contract, or a few days later, but the cap hit is spread over the all the years equally.

A 10 million signing bonus is cash in hand, but only counts 2 million/year in terms of cap dollars.

That is how year 1 cap hits are so low.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't really think that level of turnover is atypical. If you look at the starters from the 2018 Patriots compared to the 2014 Patriots, you get 6 players who are the same (Brady, Gronk, Edelman, Hightower, McCourtey & Chung)...27%.

I think Pace has been given enough time and "earned" enough top 10 draft positions so that we can stop referring to what he inherited when he became GM. He's proven himself to be better than Phil Emery, but its time to take the next step of sustained success.

I agree. He has shown he can rebuild, but the more difficult task is sustaining success.

Drafting, specifically middle rounds, becomes even more paramount when cap space is tight and you can not spend to fill holes and fix mistakes.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
autographed-jim-miller-8x10-photo-chicago-bears549-t2371396-2991.jpg

I remember when the Bears fired Dick Jauron, the main sticking point was that he hadn't won a postseason game in 5 years time. Ryan Pace is going into his 5th year!

GM v HC

Paces clock got reset with a new QB and HC

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears are at the point where the only viable influx of better than average talent is probably a year or two off.

For the Bears to improve, the offense will have to get better. I don't think it is realistic to expect the Bears to have a defensive repeat. There is no significant money in free agency to bring in top end talent and we don't have draft capital to get a guy to produce at a top level immediately.

What you see is what you get as far as names on this roster and it will be up to the offense to move forward. While the Massie signing was necessary, there is little room for error on player signing and retention.

This is Pace's baby for better or worse and for Pace to win it will take Nagy and Trubisky to make that happen.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
GM v HC

Paces clock got reset with a new QB and HC

Yeah, but sometimes that doesn't happen and the GM is fired. I think its ok to say that Pace learned on the job the first couple years and has improved, yet CCS wants the narrative to be that Pace had some type of 5-year linear plan. That is that part I disagree with.

Anyway, I think we can all agree that Pace is building the franchise up and hopefully it will get to the point where the Bears are a Great Team that Wins Despite Bad Calls.....