run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Originally Posted by run and shoot View Post
What????

Can u provide some factual data on why he was allegedly so bad in your opinion? Also, what is your definition of "garbage"? U seem to be faulting Watson for the loss. Was it his fault ??

I'm just looking for u to provide clarity for your negativity on Watson's performance vs the Colts. Thanks
I am negative on Watson for the same reason I was negative on Trubs. The O did not score enough points. I have no need for excuses for either.

I am negative on Watson for the same reason I was negative on Trubs. The O did not score enough points. I have no need for excuses for either.

The Trubs scenario and the Watson scenario were totally different. Yes pts. needed to be scored.

Our "D" did it's job and held the Eagles to just 16pts. ( 3 pts until the 2qrt., then went up to 6pts ) Our "D" did keep it close.
Our "O" didn't hold up it's end. In the Watson scenario.....the Houston "D" didn't do there job and put the "O" down 21pts. Should the Houston "D"
be absolved of "negativity"?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Quote Originally Posted by run and shoot View Post
Sigh..... of course I saw the game.

How did he "suck ass that game."? Did he turn the ball over 3x's and give the Colts 21pts by 1/2time? Explain Watson's role in the Colts loss?
---

Ok this a a bold face LIE. When did I say "the Bear would be SB champs with Watson" ??? NO....that's not the "argument."

You always get yourself in trouble with lies, putting words in OP's mouths, not reading/comprehending prior posts, spinning and twisting
posts to met your narrative and/or personal interpretation. We've talked about this before.
-----------

NOW....HERE'S what I initially said ...we can find it in.......

post #142

If Watson or Mahomes had our "D".....they'd have gone to the SB

just so there's no misconception and / or reading/comprehending problems......the above post means IF Watson or Mahomes had our BEAR "D" they, IMO, would get to the SB.

No where did I say the Bears would be SB champs with Watson ....And I dare u to find the post and / or prove otherwise
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

START READING HERE......... The other things above prove what was previously said.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearly View Post
At least try to stay on task

LOL......follow ur own advice and stay on point. Stay TRUTHFUL and back up what u say with facts.

Interesting.....YOU LIE on me.....then when I say..... Stay Truthful, you call me a Idiot vs admitting YOU LIED. That says a lot about you're character.

Watson contingent argues about the poor Houston OL, poor O scheme and personnel besides one WR as reasons for Watson not being more special yet putting him on a well rounded modern O plus our D would make it worse for him and not allow him to win that SB. Got it.

Idiots will idiot.

NO I don't "get it"....cuz you're NOT making sense. You're once again, altering your narrative on Watson ( given that you lied about me saying, he'd"win a SB with the Bears").

------

Lets break it down:

Watson contingent argues about the poor Houston OL, poor O scheme and personnel besides one WR as reasons for Watson not being more special

I have said the Houston OL is poor and it's true and I can back it up.

Poor O scheme.....I'm fine the the "O". It's around top 10 with Watson at the controls. Could they use another good wr? Absolutely.

But IMO, Watson has enuff to be successful. When he has time to pass, the moves the football down field. That "D" needs to be upgraded.
------

......putting him on a well rounded modern O plus our D would make it worse for him and not allow him to win that SB.

He is on a "a well rounded modern O". Watson is running the same system most teams are running (For the record, I don't like the Spread Ops.). SO I have NO idea what you're getting at with the "a well rounded modern O" type of statement.

............plus our D would make it worse for him and not allow him to win that SB

Ok...I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU MEAN WITH THE ABOVE STATEMENT. How could our "D" not help Watson???

The Bears "D" is FIRST IN POINTS ALLOWED in the NFL. We are 3rd in total yards allowed in the NFL. Our "D" leads the NFL om many areas. Go look this up.

Our "D" would benefit / help ANY team and ANY Qb in making it to a SB. To say otherwise is lunacy.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Did Run and Shit just have a stroke?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Trubs scenario and the Watson scenario were totally different. Yes pts. needed to be scored.

Our "D" did it's job and held the Eagles to just 16pts. ( 3 pts until the 2qrt., then went up to 6pts ) Our "D" did keep it close.
Our "O" didn't hold up it's end. In the Watson scenario.....the Houston "D" didn't do there job and put the "O" down 21pts. Should the Houston "D"
be absolved of "negativity"?

Watson was shit and the Houston D was bad. Both things can be true and neither is absolved.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sigh..... of course I saw the game.

How did he "suck ass that game."? Did he turn the ball over 3x's and give the Colts 21pts by 1/2time? Explain Watson's role in the Colts loss?
---

Ok this a a bold face LIE. When did I say "the Bear would be SB champs with Watson" ??? NO....that's not the "argument."

You always get yourself in trouble with lies, putting words in OP's mouths, not reading/comprehending prior posts, spinning and twisting
posts to met your narrative and/or personal interpretation. We've talked about this before.
-----------

NOW....HERE'S what I initially said ...we can find it in.......

post #142

If Watson or Mahomes had our "D".....they'd have gone to the SB

just so there's no misconception and / or reading/comprehending problems......the above post means IF Watson or Mahomes had our BEAR "D" they, IMO, would get to the SB.

No where did I say the Bears would be SB champs with Watson ....And I dare u to find the post and / or prove otherwise
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

START READING HERE......... The other things above prove what was previously said.

At least try to stay on task

LOL......follow ur own advice and stay on point. Stay TRUTHFUL and back up what u say with facts.

Interesting.....YOU LIE on me.....then when I say..... Stay Truthful, you call me a Idiot vs admitting YOU LIED. That says a lot about you're character.

NO I don't "get it"....cuz you're NOT making sense. You're once again, altering your narrative on Watson ( given that you lied about me saying, he'd"win a SB with the Bears").

------

Lets break it down:

I have said the Houston OL is poor and it's true and I can back it up.

Poor O scheme.....I'm fine the the "O". It's around top 10 with Watson at the controls. Could they use another good wr? Absolutely.

But IMO, Watson has enuff to be successful. When he has time to pass, the moves the football down field. That "D" needs to be upgraded.
------

He is on a "a well rounded modern O". Watson is running the same system most teams are running (For the record, I don't like the Spread Ops.). SO I have NO idea what you're getting at with the "a well rounded modern O" type of statement.

Ok...I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU MEAN WITH THE ABOVE STATEMENT. How could our "D" not help Watson???

The Bears "D" is FIRST IN POINTS ALLOWED in the NFL. We are 3rd in total yards allowed in the NFL. Our "D" leads the NFL om many areas. Go look this up.

Our "D" would benefit / help ANY team and ANY Qb in making it to a SB. To say otherwise is lunacy.

:obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama: :obama:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He brings his shovel to every thread. His reasoning or lack thereof is so obtuse it's impossible to have any form or genuine back and forth so I just give this idiot liar injustice collector enough rope to hang himself.

It's more like performance art than anything real, at least I hope it's what this crazy shit is. Imagine the number of posters that began reading that, rolled their eyes and didn't finish unless just for the giggle. I didn't.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Even if you want to say the national consensus is 70 vs 30 for Watson then it is still reasonable to be a part of the minority opinion.

I'm not understanding the avoidance of fact and the reliance on hypothetical "national consensuses". If anyone thinks that Trubisky has been better than Watson then they are empirically wrong. There is no 70/30 or 99/1 "split". Trubisky could wind up being better than Watson...great!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't know what all these Watson fans are going on about anyway. They were as wrong about that draft as Mitch fans were.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Regardless of who you prefer, or what your agenda may be, this siting of points scored and points allowed in any single game as a measure of success for the QB or the offense or defense deemed either being a success or failure is simplistic and insane. 16 points on offense is a failure and 23 points is a success without taking into account dozens of other variables is insane as it gets.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm not understanding the avoidance of fact and the reliance on hypothetical "national consensuses". If anyone thinks that Trubisky has been better than Watson then they are empirically wrong. There is no 70/30 or 99/1 "split". Trubisky could wind up being better than Watson...great!

Bearmick brought up the consensus in relation to who will be better in the future.

We both agree Watson has been better at this point.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Regardless of who you prefer, or what your agenda may be, this siting of points scored and points allowed in any single game as a measure of success for the QB or the offense or defense deemed either being a success or failure is simplistic and insane. 16 points on offense is a failure and 23 points is a success without taking into account dozens of other variables is insane as it gets.

As it relates to a single game then points is most certainly an indication of success or failure as you need to score to win. Those dozens of variables simply provide insight into the reasons for the failure but Houston's score on O of 7 points was most definitely a failure.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Bearmick brought up the consensus in relation to who will be better in the future.

We both agree Watson has been better at this point.

What? So when you are bringing up hypothetical national consensuses...the national consensus is in terms of predicting the future? That makes even less sense.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What? So when you are bringing up hypothetical national consensuses...the national consensus is in terms of predicting the future? That makes even less sense.

If you don't understand what was being discussed then don't worry about it. I will just discuss with those that have the capacity to comprehend.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Watson was shit and the Houston D was bad. Both things can be true and neither is absolved.

History shows us teams do not typically come back when they go down in the playoffs.

Watson played a decent game under the circumstances of having to come back from a 21pt. deficit that he did NOT create through turnover's.
------------------------

Watson vs Colts:
Passing 29/49, 235 pass yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, ( he threw the pick end of the 1st half tryin' score) 69.7 passer rating. Forced to rush for
76 yards

These #'s are nothing to be ashamed of when one is trying to came back from a 21pt. deficit they didn't create. IMO

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
History shows us teams do not typically come back when they go down in the playoffs.

Watson played a decent game under the circumstances of having to come back from a 21pt. deficit that he did NOT create through turnover's.
------------------------

Watson vs Colts:
Passing 29/49, 235 pass yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, ( he threw the pick end of the 1st half tryin' score) 69.7 passer rating. Forced to rush for
76 yards

These #'s are nothing to be ashamed of when one is trying to came back from a 21pt. deficit they didn't create. IMO

Pretty sure scoring 0 points for the first 3 and a half quarters is part of the reason the Texans were down. Or did you expect to not fall behind while scoring 0 points?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

------------------------

Watson vs Colts:
76 yards

Is there an analysis that shows what you are claiming? Is there less percentage of comebacks in playoff games vs regular season? I can name some huge playoff comebacks.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He brings his shovel to every thread. His reasoning or lack thereof is so obtuse it's impossible to have any form or genuine back and forth so I just give this idiot liar injustice collector enough rope to hang himself.

It's more like performance art than anything real, at least I hope it's what this crazy shit is. Imagine the number of posters that began reading that, rolled their eyes and didn't finish unless just for the giggle. I didn't.

When have I been insensitive or slow? Stop using words without knowing the meaning.

.....give this idiot liar injustice collector enough rope to hang himself.
What did I lie about?? Tell us. Everything I posted is here for all to see. What does a "a grudge" have to do with the thread or Watson?
How am I "hanging myself" do tell?
---

...didn't finish unless just for the giggle. I didn't.
You don't finish because u can't. I intelligently address & DISSECT your points ( with ur own quotes) and YOU can do nothing but digress to childish name-calling & emotion outbursts vs usage of facts & figures, attribution etc.

Oh and immature, little girls typically "giggle" when they're embarrassed, nervous or exposed.
---------------------------------------
How the heck could a team like Houston NOT have a better shot at reaching the SB, if they had our Bear "D" (players)
vs their "D" players.? What car would one choose if they wanted to have a shot at winning a race a Lamborghini or a
Chevy SUV

POSTERS.....
For MORE obtuse statements like
......putting him (Watson) on a well rounded modern O plus our D would make it worse for him and not allow him to win that SB.

OR
............plus our D would make it worse for him (Watson) and not allow him to win that SB
Check post #202
http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...2-Reflection?p=3308747&viewfull=1#post3308747

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Is there an analysis that shows what you are claiming? Is there less percentage of comebacks in playoff games vs regular season? I can name some huge playoff comebacks.

Great question. I've seen the old Houston Oilers lose a couple playoff games while ahead. I'm sure we can research playoff comebacks.
The Bills - Oilers game stands out ( Bills overcame a 28pts. deficit?) I thought it was a very questionable "comeback". The Oiler
just totally collapsed ( it was as though someone told 'em at half time to lose the game).

Earlier in this thread I said I noticed teams in this years playoffs were not coming back when they were down. This years playoff box scores reflect it.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I'll continue to look for info., on the playoffs....but I'm confident that when a team goes ahead in the playoffs....90% of the time they don't loss.

Before Super Bowl LI, teams won 99.8% of games they led by 25

--profootballtalk.nbcsports.com

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Idiot can't even recognize sarcasm. Quoting 1/2 a sentence isn't helping the intent there. I certainly don't mind posting it again word for word for context and the argument was that you said Watson would have won the SB with the Bear D.

Idiot.

Watson contingent argues about the poor Houston OL, poor O scheme and personnel besides one WR as reasons for Watson not being more special yet putting him on a well rounded modern O plus our D would make it worse for him and not allow him to win that SB. Got it.

Idiots will idiot.
If you meant that the Houston O would win a SB with the Bear D, you should have said that instead of pointing at one player. Still stupid unless you think the Bear would have held the Colts to 3 points.