Which RB Should the Bears Draft?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Now you're trying to win a pissing contest with me, when Im not even trying to engage you

Good stuff.

Plenty of GOAT RB's had fumble issues early in their career. Including sweetness. Just Rory starting shit to start shit I guess.

You're just being a grumpy old dick and looking to argue.

Im not arguing anything you grumpy fuck. Not everything is an argument on here, I know it makes you sad.

You just decided to be the typical dick you are and make an argument about it, because why not?

RB isn't a pressing need. Bears should be fine in 2019 with Cohen and Howard.

TrapperKarl

Liked Posts:
I would like a few mentioned here, but I would also look at Tony Pollard from Memphis, especially if the Bears keep Howard or sign a FA to replace him. I would not consider him a Howard replacement by any means. No chance that he'd be the #1 RB.

He very versatile.. he played both running back and wide receiver and was also an excellent returner. Not a power back, but good enough to run between the tackles.

Unfortunately, he had some problems with drops and pass protection is not great.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I like that kid out in Denver Lindsay like the broncos sign undrafted last year, that had 1000 combined yards. Went undrafted with a chip on his shoulder. Anyone where I dont have to see Mizzell or Cunningham, but can be a gunner on special teams too, but not need a "package" installed in the offense like the wasted Cunningham or Mizzell plays. Up by 21, ok, but not first fucking series of the playoff game. People need to leave Howard alone and Nagy needs to utilize that sharp knife he has in the drawer, not the social media generation upset because he cant be a 6th receiver in the offense.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
You litterally hijacked this thread by trying to win a pissing match with Remy about cohen having fumbles on ST.

All I did was state plenty of rb's had fumbling issues early in their careers, which is very much applicable to what you said.

Now you're trying to win a pissing contest with me, when Im not even trying to engage you

Never change rory, I'm sure youre a fun guy to be around IRL.

lol

"literally hijacking" ... it's very illuminating that you think posters can MAKE you see or reply or even open threads. You are not alone in this either. Literally no one makes you see or read or open any thread here.

If I am wrong and rory is holding a gun to your head and making you read this thread, reply "911" here and we will tell CCS owners to trace your IP address so that police can find you and rescue you.

msadows

Liked Posts:
lol

"literally hijacking" ... it's very illuminating that you think posters can MAKE you see or reply or even open threads. You are not alone in this either. Literally no one makes you see or read or open any thread here.

If I am wrong and rory is holding a gun to your head and making you read this thread, reply "911" here and we will tell CCS owners to trace your IP address so that police can find you and rescue you.

He turned a thread about who we should draft into 2 pages of two people arguing if cohen has fumbling issues or not.

I'd say yes, thats hijacking.

His only contribution to this thread is saying we don't need to draft a RB, and that wasn't until 2 pages later.

I came in here to read RB draft shit, which the thread is back on topic towards.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
His only contribution to this thread is saying we don't need to draft a RB, and that wasn't until 2 pages later.

False! You had said verbatim "You don't draft Howards replacement next year, you draft him this year so you can decide in 2020 what to do with the position."

I quoted you and responded with (Post #29!) 'Why? What exactly would the Bears be "deciding" in 2020?'.

Full irony is that you have yet to respond to my question, yet you had no hesitation about jumping into the Cohen/fumbling fray. Strange.

Post #3 of this thread also said Bears don't need to draft a RB. Cool.

bald.jpg

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
He turned a thread about who we should draft into 2 pages of two people arguing if cohen has fumbling issues or not.

I'd say yes, thats hijacking.

I came in here to read RB draft shit, which the thread is back on topic towards.

I think it's interesting that rory is guilty of hijacking and not remy.

FWIW, I think neither remy nor rory are guilty of "hijacking" since fumble issues/non-issues are highly relevant to the topic.

I had to point out that "literal hijacking" requires a forced re-direction (in posting) that no one here is capable of exerting over any other CCS member.

What you mean to say is that rory and remy had a side debate on relevance of Cohen's fumbling that you yourself did not think were useful contributions while simultaneously there was no other talk re: RBs drafted.

Oh wait, Windy still posted about drafting RBs. Look. WindyCity and a few others here have talked about RBs in the draft despite the fumble debate and were still "on topic" by your stringent definitions ... so Windy and the others were not "forced" to go off-topic.

And neither were you.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think it's interesting that rory is guilty of hijacking and not remy.

FWIW, I think neither remy nor rory are guilty of "hijacking" since fumble issues/non-issues are highly relevant to the topic.

I had to point out that "literal hijacking" requires a forced re-direction (in posting) that no one here is capable of exerting over any other CCS member.

What you mean to say is that rory and remy had a side debate on relevance of Cohen's fumbling that you yourself did not think were useful contributions while simultaneously there was no other talk re: RBs drafted.

Oh wait, Windy still posted about drafting RBs. Look. WindyCity and a few others here have talked about RBs in the draft despite the fumble debate and were still "on topic" by your stringent definitions ... so Windy and the others were not "forced" to go off-topic.

And neither were you.

No, its called hijacking. You can call it what you want.

Remy posted he wants cohen used more on post #63. He also stated we need another all purpose back, which is on topic. Then rory started the fumble shit, thus hijacking the thread. We have now doubled the post count. 80% of the posts from there on were Remy and Rory going back and forth about cohens fumble issues or non issues. There are almost more posts in here about that shit than actual RB's we would like drafted, which is the point of the thread.

That isn't the purpose of the thread, but if you think it is please go ahead and keep talking about it, just rename the thread to "Does Cohen have fumbling issues?"

msadows

Liked Posts:
False! You had said verbatim "You don't draft Howards replacement next year, you draft him this year so you can decide in 2020 what to do with the position."

I quoted you and responded with (Post #29!) 'Why? What exactly would the Bears be "deciding" in 2020?'.

Full irony is that you have yet to respond to my question, yet you had no hesitation about jumping into the Cohen/fumbling fray. Strange.

Post #3 of this thread also said Bears don't need to draft a RB. Cool.

bald.jpg

You honestly do this every time, twist peoples words. It's like a fun game for you.

I dont really know why I need to explain it, since you know what I meant, but you're just being a dick. What will they be deciding? If they should pay jordan howard or not. If they draft someone in the 4th or 5th round who is just as useful obviously you dont pay him.

Edit: And I ignore most of your posts on here, because your main goal is to do shit like you've done in this thread, every time.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Remy posted he wants cohen used more on post #63. He also stated we need another all purpose back, which is on topic. Then rory started the fumble shit, thus hijacking the thread. We have now doubled the post count. 80% of the posts from there on were Remy and Rory going back and forth about cohens fumble issues or non issues. There are almost more posts in here about that shit than actual RB's we would like drafted, which is the point of the thread.

That isn't the purpose of the thread, but if you think it is please go ahead and keep talking about it, just rename the thread to "Does Cohen have fumbling issues?"

Do not fire unless fired upon....

You had said verbatim "You don't draft Howards replacement next year, you draft him this year so you can decide in 2020 what to do with the position."

Full irony is that you have yet to respond to my question

LOL at "Does Cohen have fumbling issues?" as if it is a question. Cohen has played 1 year in the NFL, and in that year he led all non-QBs in fumbles. Question answered!

I continue to question the Bears need to even draft a RB, especially if, like remydat said, the Bears should be giving Cohen 320 rushes/targets next year.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Do not fire unless fired upon....

You had said verbatim "You don't draft Howards replacement next year, you draft him this year so you can decide in 2020 what to do with the position."

Full irony is that you have yet to respond to my question

LOL at "Does Cohen have fumbling issues?" as if it is a question. Cohen has played 1 year in the NFL, and in that year he led all non-QBs in fumbles. Question answered!

I continue to question the Bears need to even draft a RB, especially if, like remydat said, the Bears should be giving Cohen 320 rushes/targets next year.

TL;DR

You can continue to respond to my posts but I'm not even gonna bother reading yours. Your agenda is to just have pissing contests in every thread with specific users and refuse to lose. Just a waste of time old man.

So how about those running backs in this years draft guys?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
What will they be deciding? If they should pay jordan howard or not. If they draft someone in the 4th or 5th round who is just as useful obviously you dont pay him.

I don't think the Bears are entertaining thoughts of re-upping with Jordan Howard after 2019. If the Bears draft a RB in the 4th or 5th round this year, how will they know if that RB is "just as useful" as Howard? And if Howard has a nice 2019 season and the drafted RB doesn't prove to be as "useful", how would that change anything? Howard will still become a FA. The drafted RB will still be on the team. Again, what will the Bears be "deciding" at that point? That is my question.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I don't think the Bears are entertaining thoughts of re-upping with Jordan Howard after 2019. If the Bears draft a RB in the 4th or 5th round this year, how will they know if that RB is "just as useful" as Howard? And if Howard has a nice 2019 season and the drafted RB doesn't prove to be as "useful", how would that change anything? Howard will still become a FA. The drafted RB will still be on the team. Again, what will the Bears be "deciding" at that point? That is my question.

It would be more accurate to say Howard gives you a one year insurance policy as you look for a running back who fits the system. If they miss on their pick, at least they have a solid,if limited, running back. Then you try again in 2020.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It would be more accurate to say Howard gives you a one year insurance policy as you look for a running back who fits the system. If they miss on their pick, at least they have a solid,if limited, running back. Then you try again in 2020.

I think they would like to groom someone behind Howard. If he takes Howard’s job then great.

But drafting a mid round RB in 19 to start in 20 seems like a solid bet, especially considering it takes young RBs some time to master pass protection and playbooks.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I think they would like to groom someone behind Howard. If he takes Howard’s job then great.

But drafting a mid round RB in 19 to start in 20 seems like a solid bet, especially considering it takes young Arab’s some time to master pass protection and playbooks.

Arabs make the best RBs???

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is Windy implying it takes Arabs longer to learn?

Das racist Windy!

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
What about these players in the mid-late rounds:

Qadree Ollison - Pittsburgh
Myles Gaskin - Washington (I think he was a 4 year starter)
Karan Higdon - Michigan
Aca'Cedric Ware - USC

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies

But drafting a mid round RB in 19 to start in 20 seems like a solid bet, especially considering it takes young Arab’s some time to master pass protection and playbooks.

Those young Arabs are always blowing their assignments.

peanut33tillman

Liked Posts:
I watched 4 games of Singletary last night and I see a lot of Frank Gore in his game with a little more juice. He really intrigues me, has some wiggle and burst and looks like a fit in this offense.

I’ve seen a little if Henderson and I think he’s worth getting a little excited over as well. Not sure either of these 2 make it to 87 however.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Phone autocorrect.

Did I just accidentally become one of those MAGA assholes?