Draft Amani Hooker

discplayer

Liked Posts:
And let Amos walk. Hooker is a fluid athletic S who can both tackle and cover. He’s better in space and in Iowa’s D often played in the box, as a hybrid LB/S. Because he came out early (perhaps before he should have) he can be had in the 3rd/4th, and would be an upgrade for far less $ than the underwhelming and overrated (by PFF and sadly too many posters) Amos.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's 5-11 so not a hybrid and projected for the 2nd round as the #2 safety in the draft. If we do draft what we think might replace Amos, someone like Will Harris at the end of 4 will be a more likely target for us.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
(My phone is acting a little wonky so hopefully this isn't a double post)

I'm am Iowa fan so I am biased, but if Hooker is there at 3 that would be awesome.

Still mad Desmond king fell so far and then we selected Jordan Morgan right before him.

Oops.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
If he is even still around..... prolly already drafted

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Except that Iowa guys always drop in the draft. Just sayin’.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
It pays to have a Hooker on your team

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Bush, Beavers and a Hooker. Outstanding. I’m in on this plan.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
uh-oh, there's been some pretty big smack downs on here regarding Amos's value. Specifically, INTs vs giving up big plays.

Evidently, he doesn't give up big plays, but he's not an INT machine either.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
uh-oh, there's been some pretty big smack downs on here regarding Amos's value. Specifically, INTs vs giving up big plays.

Evidently, he doesn't give up big plays, but he's not an INT machine either.

At this point lets just be real here. It didn't matter if he got 6 INTs like Eddie Jackson did. You, like everyone else, have a preconceived notion on what Amos is. So despite him making more plays last year on the ball than in previous years...nothing was going to change your opinion. I will happily watch while Amos walks and his replacement gets torched. Then, maybe then, you morons will realize what we had in Adrian.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Hooker doesn't seem to be a top five safety in the draft rankings I've seen. Seems likely he'll be there at #87 and possible in the 4th round.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
While I believe he’s a solid S with considerable potential, this is what I’m hoping for, napo.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At this point lets just be real here. It didn't matter if he got 6 INTs like Eddie Jackson did. You, like everyone else, have a preconceived notion on what Amos is. So despite him making more plays last year on the ball than in previous years...nothing was going to change your opinion. I will happily watch while Amos walks and his replacement gets torched. Then, maybe then, you morons will realize what we had in Adrian.

As long as he doesn't cost us a playoff game in a few different ways, I'm good.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Well he does keep his head up when tackling, unlike Amos, which ought to help.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He’s got good instincts but I think he’s going to run slowwww

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You're usually better than this.

Yes, there are a ton of knuckleheads who went from haters to overrating guys like Amos, but to wish ill of the Bears' success just to prove them wrong? No way man.

Success is the greatest revenge. If he walks, let him kick ass for a new team on a big $ contract he earned to prove them wrong if you want. Good for him if so, but he'd be selling out future rides with CHI deep into the playoffs :shrug:

Most seem to understand that it's about the cap space now & in the next few years; and that his position is most easily replaced yet also most likely to be outbid on FA market, despite there apparently being a slew of affordable Vets avail that can fill right in. Love to keep him, but might not be feasible.

--------------------
BTW - these are the same meatballs who think Pace can spend big on the feel-good salvation story of Gould coming home. I hope it happens, but only IF a helleva steal deal. Rather draft Matt Gay or another solid rookie/affordable proven FA K if there is one.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

The concept about a preconceived notion regarding Amos is interesting. He's been a full-time starter for four years...we've seen a lot of him. I don't know if that constitutes as a "notion", I think it is more of Amos' body of work. I agree that Amos made more plays and was more active last year than in the previous three seasons combined. I'm sure having a great pass rush and a better supporting cast had a lot to do with Amos' improvement.

I think it would be ideal for the Bears to retain Amos...he's durable and reliable. I just don't think they'll be able to afford him. I haven't seen anything from Amos to justify a large price tag, IMO.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The concept about a preconceived notion regarding Amos is interesting. He's been a full-time starter for four years...we've seen a lot of him. I don't know if that constitutes as a "notion", I think it is more of Amos' body of work. I agree that Amos made more plays and was more active last year than in the previous three seasons combined. I'm sure having a great pass rush and a better supporting cast had a lot to do with Amos' improvement.

I think it would be ideal for the Bears to retain Amos...he's durable and reliable. I just don't think they'll be able to afford him. I haven't seen anything from Amos to justify a large price tag, IMO.

Amos back at the Bears number would be a good move, but you cannot back up the truck for him. He is not that type of player and we have bigger contract fish to fry.

In terms of Hooker, I really like him, but my guess is that we are taking a RB in the 3rd round more than a safety at this point.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
That may be, Windy, but if he’s there in the 4th..?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Is this Malik hookers brother or something?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Is this Malik hookers brother or something?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

No. Just another well coached Hawkeye who’s got good instincts, sound tackler, and is always in the right position.