Fangio on Bears roster

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah...that's how the NFL cycle is designed. Bad teams become good after drafting high in every round for 4 straight years...good teams become bad after drafting low in every round for 4 straight years. Welcome to the NFL!

Quick... someone call the Lions and the Browns!!

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Quick... someone call the Lions and the Browns!!

Quick...someone point out outliers to the basic concept of the NFL since the draft was instituted in 1936!

Are you honestly arguing with my statement of "that's how the NFL cycle is designed. Bad teams become good after drafting high in every round for 4 straight years...good teams become bad after drafting low in every round for 4 straight years"?

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What "narrative" were you referencing in my posting? Simple question. Not really related to teams trading "both up and down and back"...great synopsis, BTW.

Um... this one?

Probably when the Bears stopped drafting in the top part of the 1st round because they were actually winning games and playing in the postseason. Same thing will probably happen to Pace.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Um... this one?

Um, what? What is the "narrative"? I am hoping third time is a charm here. Which part of my posting is factually incorrect? Which part of my posting is the "narrative"?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So you are confused whether or not Pace has drafted outside a top 10 position, and you are confused whether or not the bad teams draft before the good teams in the NFL?

You are hopeless.

I truly have no clue what point if any you're trying to make.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Patriots too.

Possibly the dumbest post in CCS history. We just had multiple weeks of the media gushing over the uniqueness of Belichick's accomplishments...staying competitive at a high level over a long period of time in the NFL when the structure of the NFL is designed to prevent such a thing from happening. Did you not watch the Super Bowl or follow the NFL over the last 17 years?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Possibly the dumbest post in CCS history. We just had multiple weeks of the media gushing over the uniqueness of Belichick's accomplishments...staying competitive at a high level over a long period of time in the NFL when the structure of the NFL is designed to prevent such a thing from happening. Did you not watch the Super Bowl or follow the NFL over the last 17 years?

Do I get a prize?

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Um, what? What is the "narrative"? I am hoping third time is a charm here. Which part of my posting is factually incorrect? Which part of my posting is the "narrative"?

lol... come back in a couple hours and re-read everything when you've calmed down. If you still don't understand the exchange, then my assumption of you being smart may have to come into quesion.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
lol... come back in a couple hours and re-read everything when you've calmed down. If you still don't understand the exchange, then my assumption of you being smart may have to come into quesion.

I still don't understand your use of the term "narrative". This is my fourth time asking you to clarify what you meant. You are just trolling at this point.

I guess I didn't realize I was posting on the fringes of reality....Pace has yet to draft outside the Top 10; NFL is designed for bad teams to become good through better draft position. Your referencing the Browns and Lions "disproves" this concept of the NFL draft, amirite?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Quick...someone point out outliers to the basic concept of the NFL since the draft was instituted in 1936!

Are you honestly arguing with my statement of "that's how the NFL cycle is designed. Bad teams become good after drafting high in every round for 4 straight years...good teams become bad after drafting low in every round for 4 straight years"?

Honestly just going through division by division there isn’t much evidence of this at all. The one division that shows this pattern is nfc west. AFC north and east have been dominated for years by patriots and mostly the Steelers with the ravens hedging in and always being solid. AFC south was dominated forever by the colts. The other teams had a couple year window recently. NFC north almost always packers. NFC east and south are consistently rotating. None of those teams generally spend too long picking top 10 other than the bucs though and that doesn’t appear to help them.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
CCS Hall of Fame nomination

Rory this is what is tiresome about you. You’re smart and everyone else that disagrees on any point with you is dumb, confused or the worst poster on CCS. That shit gets old. Man would you be conflicted if First Timer ever disagreed with you.

There are plenty of dumb posters on CCS but Baba isn’t one of them. However, I do enjoy when you blast Remy. You’re funny too when you’re not being an insufferable ass.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Honestly just going through division by division there isn’t much evidence of this at all. The one division that shows this pattern is nfc west. AFC north and east have been dominated for years by patriots and mostly the Steelers with the ravens hedging in and always being solid. AFC south was dominated forever by the colts. The other teams had a couple year window recently. NFC north almost always packers. NFC east and south are consistently rotating. None of those teams generally spend too long picking top 10 other than the bucs though and that doesn’t appear to help them.

Patriots = Brady
Colts = Manning
Steelers = Roethlisberger
Packers = Rodgers

I agree that if you focus on teams with the HOF QBs, then you'll find evidence that they are usually good. Doesn't really explain the recent histories of the Giants, Seahawks, Panthers, Broncos, Niners, Falcons, etc. Packers appear to be at the end of the line, done in by drafts that haven't restocked their roster. I like the reference to the Ravens...after winning the Super Bowl in 2012, they've made the postseason twice in the past 6 years (including this year).

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
There are plenty of dumb posters on CCS but Baba isn’t one of them.

I give you full marks for "Damning with faint praise." I disagree, though. The reference to the Patriots as if they are some type of regular example for how the NFL works was beyond comprehension.

Pace has done a fine job in rebuilding the Bears into a postseason team. I think the playing field changes, though, for Pace, as he now has to prove he can sustain success under different circumstances...less cap space, fewer draft choices, more players looking to get paid, other teams raiding your roster for talent, drafting later in rounds, etc. Until he can show his ability to do this, we can't really assume it will happen. That's all I am saying. I didn't know it was such a "far-out" comment...I thought it was almost axiomatic.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I give you full marks for "Damning with faint praise." I disagree, though. The reference to the Patriots as if they are some type of regular example for how the NFL works was beyond comprehension.

Pace has done a fine job in rebuilding the Bears into a postseason team. I think the playing field changes, though, for Pace, as he now has to prove he can sustain success under different circumstances...less cap space, fewer draft choices, more players looking to get paid, other teams raiding your roster for talent, drafting later in rounds, etc. Until he can show his ability to do this, we can't really assume it will happen. That's all I am saying. I didn't know it was such a "far-out" comment...I thought it was almost axiomatic.

All good points...

This off-season will be fascinating because Pace has always advocated building for the long haul but he’s faced with a real window of opportunity that needs to be maximized. Plus, there is a chance that 2021 will be in jeopardy because of the CBA expiring. He needs to win now.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This thread has been certified as Vortex worthy!