Why Are Ppl So Concerned With The Bears RBs When Mitch Still Needs Passing Practice??

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
It seems like there is an endless vortex of threads regarding the RB situation and the way the HC of the Chicago Bears manages the position.

Here are some facts:

1) The Bears did NOT get Kareem Hunt... so lets just stop bitching about that now.
2) Tarik Cohen is the #1 back and has proven why.
3) Jordan Howard is not misused, he just can't catch worth a damn. He barely got any targets so his catching ability can't be improved.

What is clear as day is that the RB position is NOT a weakness for the Bears.

I've been a staunch supporter of Mitch ever since the draft... he just has an issue with overthrowing receivers/Howard. I think focusing so hard on Nagy and how he manages the running game is completely ignoring the fact that Mitch needs more reps throwing downfield to improve his accuracy. TBH, I don't think he'll ever have the cannon that Cutler did... but he still needs to improve his accuracy from 15-20 yard passes. You aren't going to do that by giving Howard a few extra carries per game.

Howard had the 3rd highest amount of carries for his career and the lowest amount of passing targets last season. This is not how you improve a QBs accuracy both in the short distance and mid distance throws. Let the man air it out and get comfortable.

IMO... this is not a Nagy issue, it's a Mitch comfort issue. Something that needs to be worked on in TC.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You need RBS to KEEP DS HONEST. YOU CANT JUST PASS EVERY DOWN.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I agree with the OP actually. RB is not an issue for the Bears and Pace would be a fool to trade Howard for peanuts without a plan in place to fill his role. He is just a good player. I also agree that Mitchell needs to work on his accuracy and quit overthrowing WRs.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I agree with the OP actually. RB is not an issue for the Bears and Pace would be a fool to trade Howard for peanuts without a plan in place to fill his role. He is just a good player. I also agree that Mitchell needs to work on his accuracy and quit overthrowing WRs.

But that's not what OP is saying. He is saying nobody should be talking about RB because nagy needs to have mitch throw more to get more live passing reps, because practice. It's a stupid idea. Smh

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The off-season, OTAs, and then camp and where Mitch will work on his downfield accuracy and timing with his WRs (because timing is the main issue). Once the season starts is NOT the time to practice it.

And WHY would we want to talk about something that cant, or won't, change until next year anyway? Our RB can change soon...our QB isnt going to.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
But that's not what OP is saying. He is saying nobody should be talking about RB because nagy needs to have mitch throw more to get more live passing reps, because practice. It's a stupid idea. Smh

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

What is clear as day is that the RB position is NOT a weakness for the Bears.

I agree with this. It's not a weakness

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mitch should play in the AAF to get more reps.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Because our runningback was below average, and our qb was above average.

Unless somehow 3.7ypc became great and no one informed me.

Mitch is fine, I rewatched the playoff game yesterday to see how the run game was utilized and Mitch surprised me with his accuracy deep in that game.

The problem with the offense is that it was the first year in a complex system. I’m sure everyone, Mitch included, will improve next year.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Mitch is fine, I rewatched the playoff game yesterday to see how the run game was utilized and Mitch surprised me with his accuracy deep in that game.

The problem with the offense is that it was the first year in a complex system. I’m sure everyone, Mitch included, will improve next year.

So he had a decent 2nd half against the Eagles? What about the previous 16 games?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I've also been re-watching the film on the game and studying Howard and his effectiveness. Look out for an adipost type thread soon!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Please watch the regular season again and maybe you might understand me this time...lol.

Go watch the reg season a 3rd time and maybe you'll edit #3 this time...lol.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Maybe just quoting this part will help you get it, grimey one. But I doubt it...

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fix the run blocking and bears are fine with Cohen and Howard and a random third asshole

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Mitch needs a lot more consistency throwing deep. That's for damn sure.