• Aaron Lynch 3 years 12 million

Votes: 9 18.8%

• Total voters

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Of the following deals, which would you be the most pleased with the Bears re-signing.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
B-Cal.... i think we can get someone to fill in the Amos spot easier.

Lynch can fuck off.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I thought the general consensus is the CB market is going to be higher than it is for Safeties. If so, getting Callahan for cheaper seems the much better deal.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
BC at CB

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Of the following deals, which would you be the most pleased with the Bears re-signing.

I think what the guaranteed money to each player was would help some of us make our decision on that. Like A.Lynch scares me cause of his character and injury issues so if just $4 mil (one year) was guaranteed i'd feel comfortable with that and the same with Callahan and his injury issues.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd be happy with Aaron Lynch because I think our secondary had a much improved year because of all the pressure generated up front. I don't think you can have too many pass rushers, and Aaron Lynch comes cheap. Also, I checked PFF and all three have green trophies next to their names, however, Amos and Callahan overall are "good," while Lych is a high "above average."

Lynch seems like more bang for the buck. We were one of the luckier teams as far as injuries and I'd hate to not have solid backup pass rushers.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Aaron Lynch.. not sure how any option is more relevant.

You guys honestly trust Floyd? I dont, at all..

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im going with Lynch. I like Amos and Callahan but i think they are a little to expensive for the Bears at this point. Lynch is a solid backup at a reasonable price.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Lol. Lynch is a headcase that will disappear and quit trying as soon as the ink dries on any multi-year contract. Hopefully he ends up back with Fangio. He'll go AWOL yet again. He did it at ND, South Florida and the Niners. It's a gamble not worth taking.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lol. Lynch is a headcase that will disappear and quit trying as soon as the ink dries on any multi-year contract. Hopefully he ends up back with Fangio. He'll go AWOL yet again. He did it at ND, South Florida and the Niners. It's a gamble not worth taking.
So which of the 3 options would you prefer posed in the OP? Lynch is talented, and that deal is super team worthy.. I'm not saying he's without flaws, but with the options given, I'm going Lynch without question. If he flops, that contract is easily absorbable.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So which of the 3 options would you prefer posed in the OP? Lynch is talented, and that deal is super team worthy.. I'm not saying he's without flaws, but with the options given, I'm going Lynch without question. If he flops, that contract is easily absorbable.

Just pass on all 3.
Lynch is a basket case, Callahan can't stay healthy and Amos is merely solid but will command a large contract.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just pass on all 3.
Lynch is a basket case, Callahan can't stay healthy and Amos is merely solid but will command a large contract.
That would probably be my 2nd option.

I guess I just don't see the downside in Lynch at 4m/year.. that's really not shit. In comparison, Kyle long is slated to make 8.5mil.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That would probably be my 2nd option.

Callahan is the most talented out of all 3 though. Believe me though that Lynch is talented, he'll just be a guy that cant put it altogether consistently

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I do trust Flo. Very much so. He's a very good player.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
All three are over priced here by a considerable margin.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just pass on all 3.

That wasn't an option on the poll. "Just release everyone" doesn't seem like a plan either.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
I went with Amos even though he'd clearly be overpaid. The Bears safety position has been a debacle for about a decade and with it FINALLY locked down now, I'd hate to lose Amos and start a safety carousel at his position again.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Amos. Though I'd prefer that 4th year to be an option year where it's basically a 3 year deal. Too much money tied into corners already to sign Bryce. Lynch should walk only due to anyone who lines up across from Mack is going to look better. Keep bringing in one year deals and let them fight it out for the main backup OLB position with draftees.

I'd also be fine with letting them all walk.