dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm not sure how much of a chance Parkey is going to get with other teams moving forward. The guy cannot even be sent out to attempt long field goals and he is not good from short distance, plus he may have burned his image right out of the NFL.

The guy was a really good kicker up until last year and made a pro bowl. He's 7-9 at 50+ yard field goals in his career with one of those misses coming against Miami last year so one missed from 50+ before last year.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, Pace messed up with the whole kicker thing ever since he cut Gould. But you don't overreact by cutting Parkey and paying Gould who is likely to start declining.

Would only sign Gould if he is willing to play at a big discount. Just bring in a few college kickers and let them battle it out this summer.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
No, Pace messed up with the whole kicker thing ever since he cut Gould. But you don't overreact by cutting Parkey and paying Gould who is likely to start declining.

Would only sign Gould if he is willing to play at a big discount. Just bring in a few college kickers and let them battle it out this summer.

Going through the scrap heap is no guarantee either. Most of the time teams don't know how good these kickers are gonna be until they get into real game situations.

So sure it sounds good in theory to say "just find an undrafted one" but the reality is this team is ready to win now and if they go into the year still churning through kickers and wondering why they aren't all turning into Robbie Gould they are gonna regret it.

Good teams aren't afraid to pay kickers.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Bears aren't in cap hell at least they're pretty close. Why fixate on one guy when they could probably improve at the position for the cost of a UDFA or late round pick?

Mama said you better shop around.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Going through the scrap heap is no guarantee either. Most of the time teams don't know how good these kickers are gonna be until they get into real game situations.

So sure it sounds good in theory to say "just find an undrafted one" but the reality is this team is ready to win now and if they go into the year still churning through kickers and wondering why they aren't all turning into Robbie Gould they are gonna regret it.

Good teams aren't afraid to pay kickers.

That's the problem. We already did pay for a kicker. He just can't make any kicks.

We don't have cap room for another.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
That's the problem. We already did pay for a kicker. He just can't make any kicks.

We don't have cap room for another.

They can definitely make it work with the money or by restructuring players contracts.

This team can't roll into the season with a kicker carousel going on and expect to be a contender.

Going with an undrafted guy more often than not leads to that.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
If the Bears aren't in cap hell at least they're pretty close. Why fixate on one guy when they could probably improve at the position for the cost of a UDFA or late round pick?

Mama said you better shop around.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

You can do that but then your basically betting the season again on a UDFA or late round rookie who wont be making a meaningful kick until the regular season.

The Bears have already lost one season of their window to kicker issues.

They can't afford to lose another one.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
They can definitely make it work with the money or by restructuring players contracts.

This team can't roll into the season with a kicker carousel going on and expect to be a contender.

Going with an undrafted guy more often than not leads to that.

Yes, you can kill the rest of the team to sign ONE MORE KICKER...

Chi_Sports_guy

Liked Posts:
He’s worth it question is can we afford it

I think if they play it smart they can. Give up first round draft. Bears don’t need to waste time with a potential “star”. They have the team. Some weaknesses here and there, but the offense is only going to get better. The talk about letting Jordan Howard go is kind of dumb. Rough time under Nagy’s first year doesn’t mean they should give up on him.

The kids are young. They will make mistakes here and there. They nice thing about young players is that they are coachable. As far I know no one on the team really has an attitude problem. You look at moral they had in 2017 I had no doubt that in 2018 they were gonna be a good team. My friends doubted. There were a couple games in 2017 where I saw that chemistry. Now that they have a coach like Nagy. Man. This team is gonna be exciting to watch for years to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well let's look at it like this. If the Bears had won one more game, then that would have changed their playoff seed (not to mention Parkey's miss in the playoff loss itself). It's safe to say that at least one game was lost that could have been won on Parkey's leg. So is winning one or two games worth a few more million a year?

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I think if they play it smart they can. Give up first round draft. Bears don’t need to waste time with a potential “star”. They have the team. Some weaknesses here and there, but the offense is only going to get better. The talk about letting Jordan Howard go is kind of dumb. Rough time under Nagy’s first year doesn’t mean they should give up on him.

The kids are young. They will make mistakes here and there. They nice thing about young players is that they are coachable. As far I know no one on the team really has an attitude problem. You look at moral they had in 2017 I had no doubt that in 2018 they were gonna be a good team. My friends doubted. There were a couple games in 2017 where I saw that chemistry. Now that they have a coach like Nagy. Man. This team is gonna be exciting to watch for years to come.
Are you saying trade a 1st rd for Gould? You mean if SF franchise Gould?

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Well let's look at it like this. If the Bears had won one more game, then that would have changed their playoff seed (not to mention Parkey's miss in the playoff loss itself). It's safe to say that at least one game was lost that could have been won on Parkey's leg. So is winning one or two games worth a few more million a year?
It is. What would Bears be willing to give Gould per year? Id say 3. But I think he'll be tagged.

Chi_Sports_guy

Liked Posts:
Are you saying trade a 1st rd for Gould? You mean if SF franchise Gould?

Give up first round overall. Who’s coming out that the Bears desperately need? Make room in cap by not spending money on a first round pick that they really don’t need. Look at what the Patriots do. They are actually horrible at drafting. They get most of their players that have been drafted late and have been in the league a couple years. Why do they have the depth they do? It’s because they see talent in low places. Yes, the Bears can find a good kicker anywhere else, but not as dedicated as Gould is to return to Chicago. Maybe it’s a front, but either way. Why not? If I were the Bears I would give first round to Lions for chance at two second round picks. It’s difficult to explain the thought behind this. Look up Richard Thaler ( Professor of Behavioral Science and Economics at the University of Chicago).

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Give up first round overall. Who’s coming out that the Bears desperately need? Make room in cap by not spending money on a first round pick that they really don’t need. Look at what the Patriots do. They are actually horrible at drafting. They get most of their players that have been drafted late and have been in the league a couple years. Why do they have the depth they do? It’s because they see talent in low places. Yes, the Bears can find a good kicker anywhere else, but not as dedicated as Gould is to return to Chicago. Maybe it’s a front, but either way. Why not? If I were the Bears I would give first round to Lions for chance at two second round picks. It’s difficult to explain the thought behind this. Look up Richard Thaler ( Professor of Behavioral Science and Economics at the University of Chicago).

OK.... whose alt is this? Am I on Impractical Jokers?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

Lol

Chi_Sports_guy

Liked Posts:
Are we talking like a 2067 first round pick?

I will be dead by then...so I could live with that.

(no pun intended)

Why spend money in the first round if you don’t need to is what I’m saying. Think about it. You draft a first round for the price you can pay for 4 2nd and 3rd round players? That means you just pick one guy out 4 and hope they work out? Doesn’t make sense. I would pick 4 guys and hope that 2 work out and trade the rest to the Lions. Haha.