Free Agency news tracker

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

AktionJackson

Liked Posts:
Jets signed QB Trevor Siemian to a one-year, $2 million contract.
The deal has a max value of $3 million with incentives.

Vikings signed OG Josh Kline to a three-year, $15.75 million contract.
29-year-old Kline graded as one of the worst guards at PFF last year but he's a fit for what's been a zone heavy scheme. Even with the Kline signing, Minnesota's interior line remains a weak point going into the draft.

ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio reports the Saints are close to signing free agent Jared Cook.
This is an obvious fit for Cook, who replaces a retired Ben Watson. He'll slot in ahead of Josh Hill and Dan Arnold as the Saints' receiving tight end. Cook set career highs in Oakland last year and gets a quarterback upgrade in Drew Brees. Cook's target share takes a hit in New Orleans, but this is his best possible landing spot.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Therefore 10 times better chance of a good player on the cheap!!!!???????????????

Not ten times because they are effectively later picks but there's more rough to wade through for that diamond. Same way some 4th rounders don't make it and some later picks do. As many players drafted in 5, 6 and 7 combined become starters as do in 4. That's an equal success rate at a 3 to 1 opportunity ratio so even higher than UDFAs to 6th and 7th rund players.

Teams generally get around 16 UDFA each year. Some don't get drafted due competition level, injury or attitude issues. They can step up, heal properly or get their shit together. UDFAs are not more likely to be successful than a 6th round pick but that's more than offsets by sheer numbers.

Cameron Meredith, Bryce Callahan, Roy Robertson-Harris, Kevin Toliver, and John Timu are recent Bear examples.

I continue to think they should be grooming Nall for H-back instead of RB. His size and combine #s are all a tic better than Burton's and he can catch.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
And it's good to revisit some old times...

Field Yates‏Verified account @FieldYates

Source: Saints WR Cameron Meredith has agreed to a pay cut, reducing his base salary from $3.4M to $1.3M for 2019. His cap number reduces to $4.15M, creating space for New Orleans. A knee issue limited him to 6 games last season.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not ten times because they are effectively later picks but there's more rough to wade through for that diamond. Same way some 4th rounders don't make it and some later picks do. As many players drafted in 5, 6 and 7 combined become starters as do in 4. That's an equal success rate at a 3 to 1 opportunity ratio so even higher than UDFAs to 6th and 7th rund players.

Teams generally get around 16 UDFA each year. Some don't get drafted due competition level, injury or attitude issues. They can step up, heal properly or get their shit together. UDFAs are not more likely to be successful than a 6th round pick but that's more than offsets by sheer numbers.

Cameron Meredith, Bryce Callahan, Roy Robertson-Harris, Kevin Toliver, and John Timu are recent Bear examples.

I continue to think they should be grooming Nall for H-back instead of RB. His size and combine #s are all a tic better than Burton's and he can catch.

Absolutely agree about Nall. I was saying that after High Anxiety left us out in the cold

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
It looks like Holyfield will get drafted late at best, just like I have always thought. That is way too slow for a RB. Probably goes undrafted.

Gil Brandt
@Gil_Brandt
Official 40 times for Elijah Holyfield at @FootballUGA pro day: 4.81/4.90. He might be on fringe of not getting drafted. Pretty incredible when you think about it.
9:23 AM - 21 Mar 2019

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It looks like Holyfield will get drafted late at best, just like I have always thought. That is way too slow for a RB. Probably goes undrafted.

Gil Brandt
@Gil_Brandt
Official 40 times for Elijah Holyfield at @FootballUGA pro day: 4.81/4.90. He might be on fringe of not getting drafted. Pretty incredible when you think about it.

Jerry Rice ran a 4.71.... maybe he is a srs hidden gem

:troll:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Gil Brandt
@Gil_Brandt

I hate when teams put so much on 40 times. I get that it's a big thing for straight line speed but there's running the 40 with no pads or gear on speed and then there's football speed. Some of these guys are faster on the field and in a game with all the gear on then they are at a pro day or combine running a 40.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Look here you snot-nosed pizza-faced chalk farmer.

Well now i absolutely have to know what a chalk farmer is? Sounds funny as hell so please splain yourself?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I hate when teams put so much on 40 times. I get that it's a big thing for straight line speed but there's running the 40 with no pads or gear on speed and then there's football speed. Some of these guys are faster on the field and in a game with all the gear on then they are at a pro day or combine running a 40.

Excellent analysis

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
I liked holyfield and the power he brought in his runs but that seems to be all he has...while a 40 time isnt everything he chose not to participate in the 3 cone or shuttles which questions his quickness/cod skills as well. His vertical and broad jump were also underwhelming... he certainly isnt helping himself get drafted any higher.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I liked holyfield and the power he brought in his runs but that seems to be all he has...while a 40 time isnt everything he chose not to participate in the 3 cone or shuttles which questions his quickness/cod skills as well. His vertical and broad jump were also underwhelming... he certainly isnt helping himself get drafted any higher.

Don't think the 40 time matters as much as you guys are putting stock in it. He was already one of the least explosive runners in all of CFB, the 40 time just backed that up. There were like 18+ QB's who had more explosive plays than him in CFB last year....QB's.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Literally, no one ever has been faster when encumbered with 20lb of restrictive gear. And yes a 40 time is not the most critical #, but when 280lb DL's are posting times that would catch you from behind, it is an issue.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Exactly.

Moves or no moves, when every player on the field can run you down even if you do get through a hole, you have no real value to a team.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Don't think the 40 time matters as much as you guys are putting stock in it. He was already one of the least explosive runners in all of CFB, the 40 time just backed that up. There were like 18+ QB's who had more explosive plays than him in CFB last year....QB's.

i didnt put more stock in his 40 time...i said he didnt do himself any favors passing on the remaining tests..40 times for RB's is more about whether he gets caught from behind, the other tests are far better at measuring explosive ability.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
[FONT=&quot]Matchup Brasil - NFL @MatchupNFL 4m4 minutes agoMore

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A posição de Safety melhorou significantemente com a contratação do FS Adrian Amos, que foi uma ótima peça da grande defesa do #Bears em 2018. Josh Jones tem 24 anos, e tem 1 INT na carreira, que foi em 2017. Precisa tomar um "passo a frente" pra melhorar a defesa do time.
[/FONT]