Harper to Phillies

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
To put 13 years into context, if the Cubs had given Alfonso Soriano a 13 year deal, this year would be the final year.

This will make the Bryant contract talks interesting because Bryant is going to go into his age 30 season when he finally gets to FA. That kind of puts him in the 8-10 year range in terms of contract talks if we're using the Harper length as a barometer.

And oh year, the Padres signed a massively better deal with Machado than this for the Phillies.

Bobby Bonilla will still be getting paid for 3 years after Harpers deal expires.

I dont necessarily think the Padres have a better deal, they should only be two years away from him not contributing anymore, the Phillies will have 5. I guess they did not learn their lesson from the Howard deal.

Hey, did anyone see the instagram video of Jake preparing his house for the coming of Harper? Its supposed to be Jake in a speedo. I guess there might be some double entendre to that word there.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I heard Harper is choosing to wear number 3 for the Phillies. Here I thought it was so important to him, he would have wanted 330.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
To put 13 years into context, if the Cubs had given Alfonso Soriano a 13 year deal, this year would be the final year.

This will make the Bryant contract talks interesting because Bryant is going to go into his age 30 season when he finally gets to FA. That kind of puts him in the 8-10 year range in terms of contract talks if we're using the Harper length as a barometer.

And oh year, the Padres signed a massively better deal with Machado than this for the Phillies.

I have to think Bryant will see the light and sign a long-term extension with the Cubs in the next year or two. Waiting to hit the FA market at 30 is just too dicey (maybe he'd get 6/180?), and clubs have shows they're not going to pay for declining years like they used to.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
I have to think Bryant will see the light and sign a long-term extension with the Cubs in the next year or two. Waiting to hit the FA market at 30 is just too dicey (maybe he'd get 6/180?), and clubs have shows they're not going to pay for declining years like they used to.

I think it’s interesting to see what he would do with the following offer next year

10 / 240
Full NTC
Options on years 11/12/13 for 30M if he makes ASG, top 20 MVP, top 5 silver slugger previous year; top 5 MVP or silver slugger any previous two years; each MVP guarantees an option year

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I think it’s interesting to see what he would do with the following offer next year

10 / 240
Full NTC
Options on years 11/12/13 for 30M if he makes ASG, top 20 MVP, top 5 silver slugger previous year; top 5 MVP or silver slugger any previous two years; each MVP guarantees an option year

I doubt they offer him more then 10 yrs
and if they want him to accept a team friendly offer then their better off offering a guaranteed money contract and not one loaded with incentives

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
I'd be a liar if I said I didn't want Harper on the Cubs... That said, I'm glad the Cubs didn't offer this kind of contract. 13 years, no opt outs and full no trade clause.. no thanks.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Its all how you look at it, you can say he is getting 35 million for his prime years of 26-34 and 15 million total for the last 4 years of the deal when he might just be a bat off the bench. He would probably retire if he was going to be averaging less than 4 million the last 4 years.