OT: Patterson signing no bueno

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I feel a lot better about this signing after I saw Patterson's 2018 highlights.

Nagy was running Gabriel and Miller on those outside quick rushes...
those poor guys were getting hurt. Nagy obviously loves those plays, and Patterson was made for them. He's a big strong player who is actually still fast, and fights intensely hard for every yard.

His KR is just an extra plus.

I'm not excited about that since the highlight videos only show the best of his 21 catches and 2.8 rushing attempts per game. Tally them up and yeah, it would look good. But he SHOULD look good in a highlight video.

But I do see your point about the types of plays Nagy runs and he definitely gets more opportunities here to show us he can be a truly legit offensive weapon. Like tardigrade said: happy to be wrong.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Here comes outlaw, wanting to "prove" everyone wrong....

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
:howdid:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
No one knows how Nagy is planning on using CP in this offense. To just assume he will be used the same way he has been is foolish. What we do know is he is a big, fast guy that can line up at WR, TE, and RB. And we know Nagy likes to run those crazy, deceptive plays.

But some of you are acting like he will be the focal point of our offense, or complaiming he needs to be to be worth it. That is foolish too. Nagy likes to spread the ball around. It is about quality, not quantity. And with all of that, we can come up with an idea of how CP MAY be used. It's just an idea, but it's better than claiming his previous stats "prove" anything...

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
But some of you are acting like he will be the focal point of our offense

This is the second time I've heard this assertion. The first time was from TL1961, so that might explain some of it. But who is saying Patterson will be the focal point of the Bears offense? I have not seen it anywhere.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
No one knows how Nagy is planning on using CP in this offense. To just assume he will be used the same way he has been is foolish. What we do know is he is a big, fast guy that can line up at WR, TE, and RB. And we know Nagy likes to run those crazy, deceptive plays.

But some of you are acting like he will be the focal point of our offense, or complaiming he needs to be to be worth it. That is foolish too. Nagy likes to spread the ball around. It is about quality, not quantity. And with all of that, we can come up with an idea of how CP MAY be used. It's just an idea, but it's better than claiming his previous stats "prove" anything...

Holy crap. An actual thought here rather than policing others to stop "whining" or "stop having opposite opinions based on your reasoning".

Alas, if you would only have read through the other posts you would realize that you are not really responding directly to the critics of this move:

1) no one anywhere assumed CP would be the focal point of the offense nor argued he "should be" to justify his 5 mil tag.

2) We all know Nagy will use him at the LOS in misdirection. (If he tries to use him deep, CP will fail as he has always done). My posts even imply he will be largely successful in this LOS role but inconsistent in that the more he touches the ball, the less effective he will be. A meager 5 TDs would be a statistical explosion compared to his career thus far.

3) CP is a legit return threat but inconsistent offensively so far in his career (putting it charitably). I for one did not assume he CANNOT be (see my post to Sculpt) but rather I have no faith in him to be a reliable weapon week in and week out and my reasoning is based on the fact that he never has been anywhere else.

I did not claim that "proved" anything, rather I said Belichik could not overcome his shortcomings there and felt good letting CP go to the open market which does not bode well for him.

Now that you have abandoned your bitching at other people for having an opinion and actually trying to engage in a discussion, I hope you get better at reading through others' posts more closely and posting directly to what others are saying.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Holy crap. An actual thought here rather than policing others to stop "whining" or "stop having opposite opinions based on your reasoning".

Alas, if you would only have read through the other posts you would realize that you are not really responding directly to the critics of this move:

1) no one anywhere assumed CP would be the focal point of the offense nor argued he "should be" to justify his 5 mil tag.

2) We all know Nagy will use him at the LOS in misdirection. (If he tries to use him deep, CP will fail as he has always done). My posts even imply he will be largely successful in this LOS role but inconsistent in that the more he touches the ball, the less effective he will be. A meager 5 TDs would be a statistical explosion compared to his career thus far.

3) CP is a legit return threat but inconsistent offensively so far in his career (putting it charitably). I for one did not assume he CANNOT be (see my post to Sculpt) but rather I have no faith in him to be a reliable weapon week in and week out and my reasoning is based on the fact that he never has been anywhere else.

I did not claim that "proved" anything, rather I said Belichik could not overcome his shortcomings there and felt good letting CP go to the open market which does not bode well for him.

Now that you have abandoned your bitching at other people for having an opinion and actually trying to engage in a discussion, I hope you get better at reading through others' posts more closely and posting directly to what others are saying.

There you go making huge assumptions again....

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I liked Visionman's idea that looking at what actually happened...Patterson's previous stats, how he was used in NE, etc....is essentially worthless when projecting what he'll do with the Bears. It is "better" to come up with a subjective idea as to how Patterson may be used with the Bears.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I liked Visionman's idea that looking at what actually happened...Patterson's previous stats, how he was used in NE, etc....is essentially worthless when projecting what he'll do with the Bears. It is "better" to come up with a subjective idea as to how Patterson may be used with the Bears.

If they don’t sign Ha Ha, maybe they’ll line him up at Safety. Last year all the defensive guys played some offense so this year...

Visionman

Liked Posts:

I know it's hard for you guys. It may force you to use your brain a little bit...

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
there is a good article on the Chicago tribune that I think is relevant to this thread about how restructuring contracts work. I suggest everyone should read it.

We restructured 20 mil in contracts that will reduce our cap space the next few years. The signings we have made is not worth that. That is why this is a bad signing. We have some big contract decisions coming up with Jackson and whitehair. You saw the Collins deal? What you think Jackson going to make? You see what centers passed their prime are getting? What you think whitehair is going to get?

These are just the type of signings we shouldn’t be messing with anymore.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I know it's hard for you guys. It may force you to use your brain a little bit...

I'll just come out and say this. The offseason on CCS has been stranger than ever. Its like you have your normal group of posters who want to discuss the FA signings, talk about what the Bears might do next, talk about what other NFL teams are doing or not doing.

But this year we have this other group of posters who are almost offseason nihilists...Visionman, msadows, TL1961, ZenBear34, and so forth...its like they are against any type of discussion and all they contribute are personal attacks or blind faith in what Ryan Pace is doing, etc.

Yet at the same time when they dare to dip their toe in the football discussion waters, what they say is absolute ignorance. If you don't care enough to even have the slightest idea of what is going on in the NFL, why do you get so agitated when others offer up their football opinions?

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Pacey boy strikes again. He should stick to trading for the Khalil Mack’s of the world. Patterson will spend 75% of the season at home playing WoW with Turnstile Kyle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This guy
img

is probably coming up with some fun shit to do with CP as we speak.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'll just come out and say this. The offseason on CCS has been stranger than ever. Its like you have your normal group of posters who want to discuss the FA signings, talk about what the Bears might do next, talk about what other NFL teams are doing or not doing.

But this year we have this other group of posters who are almost offseason nihilists...Visionman, msadows, TL1961, ZenBear34, and so forth...its like they are against any type of discussion and all they contribute are personal attacks or blind faith in what Ryan Pace is doing, etc.

Yet at the same time when they dare to dip their toe in the football discussion waters, what they say is absolute ignorance. If you don't care enough to even have the slightest idea of what is going on in the NFL, why do you get so agitated when others offer up their football opinions?

Well to be fair NOBODY has immediate access to Nagy's brain to ever really know how he is going to be using Patterson so talking about Patterson on offense is really a dumb proposition. NOBODY actually KNOWS what to expect, so really you can only expect the unexpected and beyond that unless you are Nagy you really shouldn't talk about it, at least not on a message board.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well to be fair NOBODY has immediate access to Nagy's brain to ever really know how he is going to be using Patterson so talking about Patterson on offense is really a dumb proposition. NOBODY actually KNOWS what to expect, so really you can only expect the unexpected and beyond that unless you are Nagy you really shouldn't talk about it, at least not on a message board.

Nagy when CP was signed
127363_giphy-9.gif