Topic: Kareem Hunt Suspended 8 Games

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sounds like we dodged a bullet, kids

http://theredzone.org/Blog-Description/EntryId/75609/NFL-suspends-RB-Kareem-Hunt-eight-games

The NFL has handed down an eight-game suspension for running back Kareem Hunt due to several violations of the leagues's personal conduct policy according to Ian Rapoport of NFL.com.

Hunt, one of the leading candidate for Offensive Rookie of the Year with the Kansas City Chiefs after arushing for over 1300 yards, was well on his way to another Pro Bowl campaign in 2018 when video surfaced of a violent incident of him assaulting a woman outside a hotel room in February. The Chiefs immediately cut him for reportedly lying to them. Despite the video, Hunt was never arrested and is not facing criminal charges. The minimum suspension for the incident would have been six games but the NFL said the suspension was for both the hotel incident and a separate incident in June.

In a move that shocked the football world, the Cleveland Browns signed Hunt to a one-year deal on February 11 not knowing when the suspension would be handed down or how long it would be for. Hunt has announced he is not appealing the suspension and will be allowed to participate in the Browns' offseason program.

Hunt released the following statement on the suspension: "I want to again apologize for my actions last year. "I know that my behavior hurt a lot of people, and I again apologize to them. I respect the league's decision on discipline, and I appreciate the time I spent with Commissioner [Roger] Goodell last week. I'm grateful for my time with the Browns over the last month and thankful to all the people in the organization that have welcomed me. I also appreciate all of the support I received from my union through this process. My commitment to earning the trust of the league, my teammates, the organization and this community through my actions will continue, and I understand there is a lot of hard work ahead of me before I'm able to fully return to playing the game I love."

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
How did we dodge a bullet? We knew it would be 6 to 10 games. Having Hunt for half a season and the playoffs potentially would have been nice.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
that's a morbidly obese stretch

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I predicted only 6!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
eh, I would have liked him on the team.....

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
so you're willing to sacrifice your morality for 3 yards and a cloud of dust?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Seriously though. In Trump's America i really thought it would be 6 or less!

mecha

Liked Posts:
would've been a great signing. an upgrade over others in the Ryan Pace era. oh what could have been.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
would've been a great signing. an upgrade over others in the Ryan Pace era. oh what could have been.

Until he does something stupid again. I think Pace has done o.k., not worried about him. Hunt would have looked good in a Bears jersey, I agree. But damning Pace and his performance is a bit extreme. I thought the Bears were pretty good last year and the arrow is pointing up. Not signin Hunt isn’t that big of a deal.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Yeah... beating women is total "silliness".

Clown.
Yes, Hunt may be an a*hole but the kick that was the big thing of his assault on the girl/woman had less force on it than the love taps that many here give their girlfriend/wife/significant other during sex.

By the way, Hunt was never coming to Chicago because Virginia would never have signed off on it.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yeah... beating women is total "silliness".

Clown.
Yes, Hunt may be an a*hole but the kick that was the big thing of his assault on the girl/woman had less force on it than the love taps that many here give their girlfriend/wife/significant other during sex.

By the way, Hunt was never coming to Chicago because Virginia would never have signed off on it.
I mean do you think she hurt for 8 wks? NFL should stop with the subjective punishments. Make it 100% scientific objectivity. Just suspend the player as long as the bruises are visible. In case of broken bones, suspended until healed, murder suspended until after the funeral. Easy Peasy

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seriously though. In Trump's America i really thought it would be 6 or less!

Probably told you he owned it. He's renting.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean do you think she hurt for 8 wks? NFL should stop with the subjective punishments. Make it 100% scientific objectivity. Just suspend the player as long as the bruises are visible. In case of broken bones, suspended until healed, murder suspended until after the funeral. Easy Peasy

So if you're into this stuff, beating 2 women at the same time would be the way to go.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So if you're into this stuff, beating 2 women at the same time would be the way to go.
So you would suggest serving penalties concurrently vs consecutively?