Johnny Football is Back

mac bear

Liked Posts:
I live in Montreal — seen him play here, live.

He didn’t suck, but he certainly didn’t thrive.

The reasons he left the CFL are far from simple. He’s banned from the league because he broke his contract. But why he broke it is interesting.

He is interesting — which is why he gets press.

Plus people, the VAST majority just tune into everything to be entertained. That’s it. Most don’t give a fuck about the people who live in these lights of fame.

Most will have stopped reading here as soon as I suggested thinking too hard in one thing. Kind of funny.

He left the CFL because they were competitive men, playing a professional level of a violent game that he can play. At minimum, he was exciting. His many picks were cause he was going for the win, without a supporting cast. Especially O line.

Still he busted it, and got banged up pretty good ( a concussion or two— one on a crazy TD effort.

He felt the AAF or that new XFL were safer routes back to NFL.

No hard feelings here, and I wish him luck. In fact, I might even tune in now...

Hmm...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I live in Montreal — seen him play here, live.

He didn’t suck, but he certainly didn’t thrive.

The reasons he left the CFL are far from simple. He’s banned from the league because he broke his contract. But why he broke it is interesting.

He is interesting — which is why he gets press.

Plus people, the VAST majority just tune into everything to be entertained. That’s it. Most don’t give a fuck about the people who live in these lights of fame.

Most will have stopped reading here as soon as I suggested thinking too hard in one thing. Kind of funny.

He left the CFL because they were competitive men, playing a professional level of a violent game that he can play. At minimum, he was exciting. His many picks were cause he was going for the win, without a supporting cast. Especially O line.

Still he busted it, and got banged up pretty good ( a concussion or two— one on a crazy TD effort.

He felt the AAF or that new XFL were safer routes back to NFL.

No hard feelings here, and I wish him luck. In fact, I might even tune in now...

Hmm...

Yeah someone else already posted this garbage, not buying it.

mac bear

Liked Posts:
Yeah someone else already posted this garbage, not buying it.

They wrote what I said?

What was I selling? I never said he’d make it, or that I really think he’s all that good.

Just suggested there are more reasons.

Or...

Are you not buying why he tripped out of CFL?

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Want me to kill this?Just let me know.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So talking about Johnny Manziel is the same as reporting about the FBI investigating the president of the United States? I think you are confused.

In this day in age bullshit sells more than the truth. Or in football terms big names are hotter news no matter how shit they were in the NFL. ESPN for some reason made Tebow and Manziel into celebrities to be followed despite being irrelevant to the sport. As for the latter, people have been trying to make things stick to Trump for decades. Fucking decades. Hasn't happened and likely won't. All the posturing from both sides is boring and equally as irrelevant as Tebow and Manziel. I'll sit up and pay attention when charges stick.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
In this day in age bullshit sells more than the truth. Or in football terms big names are hotter news no matter how shit they were in the NFL. ESPN for some reason made Tebow and Manziel into celebrities to be followed despite being irrelevant to the sport. As for the latter, people have been trying to make things stick to Trump for decades. Fucking decades. Hasn't happened and likely won't. All the posturing from both sides is boring and equally as irrelevant as Tebow and Manziel. I'll sit up and pay attention when charges stick.

They also did the same to Maurice Clarrett.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Million dollar talent, two cent head

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

GoBears

Liked Posts:
So talking about Johnny Manziel is the same as reporting about the FBI investigating the president of the United States? I think you are confused.

A highly successful investigation that's revealed collusion at nearly every level to boot. An investigation resulting in millions of dollars forfeited (paying fror the investigation) and multiple guilty pleas and guilty convictions. Here are just some of the fruits of the investigation.

There are 187 criminal charges in active indictments or to which individuals have pleaded guilty
Another 23 counts against President Trump’s former deputy campaign manager Rick Gates were vacated when he agreed to cooperate with Mueller
Thirty-two people and three businesses have been named in plea agreements or indictments
Six guilty pleas from five defendants, including Gates, former national security adviser Michael Flynn, former Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos, businessman Richard Pinedo and lawyer Alex van der Zwaan
Former campaign chairman Paul Manafort faces 25 criminal counts
Van der Zwaan served about four weeks in prison and has been deported to the Netherlands, his home country
The indictments include charges of conspiracy against the United States; conspiracy to defraud the United States; conspiracy to obstruct justice; conspiracy to commit wire fraud and bank fraud; bank fraud; obstruction of justice; aggravated identity theft; failure to report foreign bank accounts; and tax fraud
52 counts of conspiracy of some kind
113 criminal counts of aggravated identity theft or identity fraud
Four guilty pleas for making false statements
25 Russian nationals have been charged with crimes along with three Russian business entities. Those individuals were charged in two indictments, one focused on Russia’s alleged effort to foster divisiveness on social media (indicted in February) and one focused on alleged hacking (indicted Friday)
13 individuals believed to be linked to Russian intelligence agencies have been charged, including Manafort’s longtime associate Konstantin Kilimnik, a resident of Ukraine
Four individuals working directly for or acting as advisers to Trump’s 2016 campaign have been indicted; three have pleaded guilty

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
A highly successful investigation that's revealed collusion at nearly every level to boot. An investigation resulting in millions of dollars forfeited (paying fror the investigation) and multiple guilty pleas and guilty convictions. Here are just some of the fruits of the investigation.

There are 187 criminal charges in active indictments or to which individuals have pleaded guilty
Another 23 counts against President Trump’s former deputy campaign manager Rick Gates were vacated when he agreed to cooperate with Mueller
Thirty-two people and three businesses have been named in plea agreements or indictments
Six guilty pleas from five defendants, including Gates, former national security adviser Michael Flynn, former Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos, businessman Richard Pinedo and lawyer Alex van der Zwaan
Former campaign chairman Paul Manafort faces 25 criminal counts
Van der Zwaan served about four weeks in prison and has been deported to the Netherlands, his home country
The indictments include charges of conspiracy against the United States; conspiracy to defraud the United States; conspiracy to obstruct justice; conspiracy to commit wire fraud and bank fraud; bank fraud; obstruction of justice; aggravated identity theft; failure to report foreign bank accounts; and tax fraud
52 counts of conspiracy of some kind
113 criminal counts of aggravated identity theft or identity fraud
Four guilty pleas for making false statements
25 Russian nationals have been charged with crimes along with three Russian business entities. Those individuals were charged in two indictments, one focused on Russia’s alleged effort to foster divisiveness on social media (indicted in February) and one focused on alleged hacking (indicted Friday)
13 individuals believed to be linked to Russian intelligence agencies have been charged, including Manafort’s longtime associate Konstantin Kilimnik, a resident of Ukraine
Four individuals working directly for or acting as advisers to Trump’s 2016 campaign have been indicted; three have pleaded guilty
Stfu, keep the political trash out of the bears board.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Stfu, keep the political trash out of the bears board.

I didn't bring up politics, xerohour did. I simply posted the facts of the investigation to help him understand. You're free to ignore me.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I didn't bring up politics, xerohour did. I simply posted the facts of the investigation to help him understand. You're free to ignore me.

I wasn't a fan of xer0 doing it either but he at least related it to sports. You simply posted with a political agenda.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I first read the title as "Johnny Football is Black".
I've got about 6 CCS nuke bombs I could type.

But everyone needs to stop referring to him as" Johnny Football," it's about as dumb as calling Gerry Cooney "The Great White Hope" was.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
1962095-George-Carlin-Quote-I-m-kinda-like-herpes-I-just-keep-coming-back.jpg

Rainbow Rob

Liked Posts:
I am actually in Toronto right now. I moved here temporarily (will move to Chicago in a few months). Johnny was a character in his time in the CFL. A friend of mine hung out with him a bit and I am not sure about the legalities about telling stories but... Let's just say he's not what he appears and he may have certain tendencies. He's a headcase though and didn't exactly behave in his time here. Hope that clears things up.

Cheers,

Robert

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I am actually in Toronto right now. I moved here temporarily (will move to Chicago in a few months). Johnny was a character in his time in the CFL. A friend of mine hung out with him a bit and I am not sure about the legalities about telling stories but... Let's just say he's not what he appears and he may have certain tendencies. He's a headcase though and didn't exactly behave in his time here. Hope that clears things up.

Cheers,

Robert

What was Manziel doing in Toronto lol?

Rainbow Rob

Liked Posts:
What was Manziel doing in Toronto lol?

Eh, Toronto is a party city. He got in a lot of trouble in Montreal (which is an even bigger party city) but he came here quite a bit and caused quite the stir. I wish I could go in more detail but I'm afraid of breaking any rules. This community is terrific and I'm extremely happy to be a part of it. I do not want to mess it up for myself.

Thanks,

Robert.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Eh, Toronto is a party city. He got in a lot of trouble in Montreal (which is an even bigger party city) but he came here quite a bit and caused quite the stir. I wish I could go in more detail but I'm afraid of breaking any rules. This community is terrific and I'm extremely happy to be a part of it. I do not want to mess it up for myself.

Thanks,

Robert.

disliked for being coy.

Prison_Mike

Liked Posts:
I've got about 6 CCS nuke bombs I could type.

But everyone needs to stop referring to him as" Johnny Football," it's about as dumb as calling Gerry Cooney "The Great White Hope" was.
It's really more of an ironic term at this point.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I have no problem with the handle Johnny College Football.