Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Chicago 0-0 (T-1st in NL Central) @ Texas 0-0 (T-1st in AL West)

chc.png
tex.png

Pitching Matchups

Game 1 — Thursday, March 28. 3:05 p.m. CDT

Jon Lester (0-0, 0.00 ERA, 0 K, 0 BB) vs. Mike Minor (0-0, 0.00 ERA, 0 K, 0 BB)

Game 2 — Saturday, March 30. 7:05 p.m. CDT

Yu Darvish (0-0, 0.00 ERA, 0 K, 0 BB)
vs. TBD

Game 3 — Sunday, March 31. 3:05 p.m. CDT

Cole Hamels (0-0, 0.00 ERA, 0 K, 0 BB) vs. TBD

1471195787-NS_03RANGERSMETS_AL14_43158799.JPG

Last edited:

chibears55

Liked Posts:
where Maddon sense of urgency that Epstein talks about wanting the team having along with getting off to a fast start

Rangers have 5 lefties in lineup, so why not start with Lester Hamels and Quintana against them over Darvish pitching game 2.
They would also have Quintana starting against the brewers then, whom he tough against

Maddon on a short lease this year, he dont have this team playing solid ball and winning come late May June, he may be gone

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
where Maddon sense of urgency that Epstein talks about wanting the team having along with getting off to a fast start

Rangers have 5 lefties in lineup, so why not start with Lester Hamels and Quintana against them over Darvish pitching game 2.
They would also have Quintana starting against the brewers then, whom he tough against

Maddon on a short lease this year, he dont have this team playing solid ball and winning come late May June, he may be gone

Darvish spent, what, six years with the Rangers? It's a friendly revenge kind of thing -- a pitcher always wants a shot at beating his former teammates.

And the Rangers fans would be pissed if they didn't get to see Darvish when his new team comes to town. The Cubs only go to play the Rangers in Arlington once every three to six years, you know. It's not like we can wait until later in the year to give the fans what they want, and Yu what he wants.

-Doug

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

What is wrong with you? The season hasnt even started ya lunatic

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Darvish spent, what, six years with the Rangers? It's a friendly revenge kind of thing -- a pitcher always wants a shot at beating his former teammates.

And the Rangers fans would be pissed if they didn't get to see Darvish when his new team comes to town. The Cubs only go to play the Rangers in Arlington once every three to six years, you know. It's not like we can wait until later in the year to give the fans what they want, and Yu what he wants.

-Doug
So now teams set their rotation to appease opposing fans..

Darvish was all nervous and shit about pitching against the Dodgers last year and worried about being booed..

????

Last edited:

chibears55

Liked Posts:
What is wrong with you? The season hasnt even started ya lunatic

So it dont make sense to go with 3 lefties against an offense that stacked up with lefties???

Use Quintana against a team he has success against??

Just because it the first games of season doesn't mean you dont use strategy to win and get off to a fast start..

CSF77

Liked Posts:
So it dont make sense to go with 3 lefties against an offense that stacked up with lefties???

Use Quintana against a team he has success against??

Just because it the first games of season doesn't mean you dont use strategy to win and get off to a fast start..

Joe has this L/R/L obsession.

And he is not going to stack left SP just for 1 series.

Joe's opinion is if you see the same thing over and over you adjust. What makes a left handed match up more difficult is the rarity not the arm. You see the ball coming out from the right 2/3 of the season. If you flipped that then RHP would be in a advantage as it is not the norm.

Joe tends to balance both sides so teams can't stack to a side. If they stack left vs Darvish he has Montgomery as his first arm off the bench to negate the advantage mid game.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Joe has this L/R/L obsession.

And he is not going to stack left SP just for 1 series.

Joe's opinion is if you see the same thing over and over you adjust. What makes a left handed match up more difficult is the rarity not the arm. You see the ball coming out from the right 2/3 of the season. If you flipped that then RHP would be in a advantage as it is not the norm.

Joe tends to balance both sides so teams can't stack to a side. If they stack left vs Darvish he has Montgomery as his first arm off the bench to negate the advantage mid game.

Rangers have 5 regulars in lineup that are LHers, so their bench is RH heavy

If this were later in season then obviously you're not going to flip the rotation around for 1 series, but this is the first series where he can set it with matchups and adjust it afterwards with the extra days off in beginning of season...

Plus with only having 2 lefties in pen, if he has to pull Darvish early, he wasting a lefty right off the bat and wont have them available late in game

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
You whine too much.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

Because Maddon will always be feel good first, and he wants Hamels and Yu to pitch against their old teams.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Because Maddon will always be feel good first, and he wants Hamels and Yu to pitch against their old teams.

I really doubt that this is the case. You could also say this was a money decision and player paycheck diticated this. It could have come from above Joe in the process

But in all honesty this is more about respect. All 3 are proven vets and are paid well. Joe factored with his L/R/L thing. Hendricks got snubbed some but pitching in Rangers stadium vs a DH you are better off with 3 guys who have experience vs little to none Q was a decent arguement over Lester but it comes down to Lester is paid the most. And that still factors

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fuck! I'm gonna miss the opener because i work, the season should start on a friday imho and yes i'm definitely angry

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Fuck! I'm gonna miss the opener because i work, the season should start on a friday imho and yes i'm definitely angry

I'll be at work during most of the season. I stream the games on my phone and watch what I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.