OT: Alex Bregman signs an extension

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
It's 5 years $100MM extension but it's not including this season so 5 more years after this one. Main reason I mention this is Bregman is a 3B who has 3 years left before FA. He's a career 12.2 fWAR 282/.366/.500 hitter and 137 wRC+. That's 1 year fewer than Bryant has played and he's a career 23.0 fWAR .285/.385/.515 hitter with 140 wRC+. I think you argue Bryant is clearly better but I also think that's the ballpark range you start at if you're the cubs.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Bryant said that he is open to being a life time Cub and that is what I expect to happen. He also said that no talk has happen from Tom Ricketts at this point. Think the speculation is this year they will decide who is long term and who is not. I doubt this current wave of signings will affect Tom.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
considering Bryant already turned down 200 million, its hard to see any relation to this. The more KB waits, the lower the headline number goes. He might get to 30 million AAV, but I doubt the length wont be headline worthy.

I dont understand why more players are not like Trout and just want to put this behind them. I am not talking about this current trout extension, I am talking about the first that got to the second.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
considering Bryant already turned down 200 million, its hard to see any relation to this. The more KB waits, the lower the headline number goes. He might get to 30 million AAV, but I doubt the length wont be headline worthy.

I dont understand why more players are not like Trout and just want to put this behind them. I am not talking about this current trout extension, I am talking about the first that got to the second.

I don't blame him for turning it down.