Biggest Remaining Needs

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1. #3 OLB

Irving flashed, but the Bears could use a veteran who can rotate in and start a couple of games if there are injuries. There are a number of veteran options that intrigue me. I am not sure hoping a rookie is ready week 1 is a good idea.

2. TE

This is an offense that is TE heavy and the Bears have 1 TE that threatens a defense and needs to be covered. Burton being out really hurts the offense. Shaheen looks like an OT running routes, and Braunecker had some moments, but is a special teamer.

3. RB

The Bears clearly want to upgrade the RB spot with someone who is more dynamic and allows the offense to be more explosive.

4. S

They need some depth and someone to compete in 2020.

5. CB

They need some depth and they need someone to compete in 2020.

6. OG

They need someone to compete to play in 2020.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If anyone wants to show an example of the dangers of getting excited about players with who excelled against small school competition, Shaheen is the poster boy. Dominant against nobodies, useless at the NFL level.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Just my opinion, but people don't seem to be giving Shaheen a chance at all. Hurt most all season. Had a huge learning curve the 1st season. If he blows this season, I'll hop on the he's a bust wagon. I just think it's too early to slam the hammer on him.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
Who is our swing tackle if leno or massie get hurt for any period of time? that seems like a pretty glaring hole as well, unless we're counting on Sowell to fill in on the blindside?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If anyone wants to show an example of the dangers of getting excited about players with who excelled against small school competition, Shaheen is the poster boy. Dominant against nobodies, useless at the NFL level.

He is a good blocker. In the pass game, oh my god.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just my opinion, but people don't seem to be giving Shaheen a chance at all. Hurt most all season. Had a huge learning curve the 1st season. If he blows this season, I'll hop on the he's a bust wagon. I just think it's too early to slam the hammer on him.

He is on the team in 2019, but I am not relying on him and I am trying to replace him with a draft pick.

He is so slow and cannot seperate. He makes some nice contested catches, but the problem is that they are all contested.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shaheen has been a disappointment.....it was a bad choice by Pace.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Shaheen has been a disappointment.....it was a bad choice by Pace.

The best thing that came from Shaheen is that they traded down and added the Cohen pick. He has proven to be an oversized blocking TE with little ability in the passing game. Which I am fine drafting in the 5th.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He suffers from Kevin White syndrome, hurt and ineffective. I think he rightfully got a pass on the Fox season, but he had a perfect opportunity to step up late in the season and in the playoff game. He needs to more than improve, he needs to take a quantum leap this season.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
We do not talk special teams here.

Long snapper is one of the most important positions in football. A big reason Cody Parkey failed last year which ultimately cost the Bears a bye in the playoffs. I will admit the miss in the playoffs was a perfect snap and Parkey just flaked.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shaheen is the early favorite to win the Kevin White award this year.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Long snapper is one of the most important positions in football. A big reason Cody Parkey failed last year which ultimately cost the Bears a bye in the playoffs. I will admit the miss in the playoffs was a perfect snap and Parkey just flaked.
Where has it been said that the long snapping was a "big reason" or any reason at all for Parkey's failures? Pat O'Donell's holds, Pat Scales snaps, Poor Parkey never had a chance. He deserved his sympathy tour. No more guys named Pat on the FG unit, I say.

Last edited:

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. #3 OLB - Aaron Lynch

Irving flashed, but the Bears could use a veteran who can rotate in and start a couple of games if there are injuries. There are a number of veteran options that intrigue me. I am not sure hoping a rookie is ready week 1 is a good idea.

2. TE - Caleb Wilson*, TE, UCLA

This is an offense that is TE heavy and the Bears have 1 TE that threatens a defense and needs to be covered. Burton being out really hurts the offense. Shaheen looks like an OT running routes, and Braunecker had some moments, but is a special teamer.

3. RB - L.J. Scott, RB, Michigan State

The Bears clearly want to upgrade the RB spot with someone who is more dynamic and allows the offense to be more explosive.

4. S - Darius West, S, Kentucky

They need some depth and someone to compete in 2020.

5. CB - Saivion Smith*, CB, Alabama

They need some depth and they need someone to compete in 2020.

6. OG - Zack Bailey, G/OT, South Carolina

They need someone to compete to play in 2020.

ThuperBowl!

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
He is on the team in 2019, but I am not relying on him and I am trying to replace him with a draft pick.

He is so slow and cannot seperate. He makes some nice contested catches, but the problem is that they are all contested.

Yes, he's really only useful in the redzone in the passing game.