Zach Miller to remain a Bear in 2019

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure if this is how it works, but would he still have access to team doctors if he was on the staff vs a player?

That could be it, otherwise maybe to push the insurance coverage (and potentially large claims) from team/league plan to the player's union plan? Or maybe to get him another year into the pension. I'm just throwing stuff at the wall here.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Okay, rather than me explain it again, here's a really good video of Zach explaining his injury & comeback in a very personal video - it's a gem and should put any questions to rest. I shouldn't have to explain this anymore.

[video=youtube;5QiQ4NTgskQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QiQ4NTgskQ[/video]

Thanks man, CCS is devoid of this kind of information.

How do you find this stuff?

We all just assumed he was fine.... idk how else we would know information about his situation.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Thanks man, CCS is devoid of this kind of information.

How do you find this stuff?

We all just assumed he was fine.... idk how else we would know information about his situation.
Side note. Anyone else think it's a little weird that the Bears official YouTube channel only has like 67k subscribers? That seems really low.

E - Out of curiosity I checked the Patriots channel, and there are only 88k there. Seems like the counts should be way higher on the franchise channels.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m sure he can still be a 53 or June cut. But they are correct to give his comeback full support and he either achieves it or becomes as close to normal as he can. Win win.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What’s the roster cost if you project him as PUP guarantee? Final answer.

Bears worst case scenario is he returns week 10 (may even be needed by then), is a good story, lifts the teams spirits. Ends up catching a few balls in playoffs and is our teams Rudy to rally around.

Liked Posts:
I meant waste of cap space, they should have just signed him as a coach or gave him a fat injury settlement. You dolts are quick to jump to conclusions. Thankfully I didn't see most of the third grade insults because my ignore list is huge.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I meant waste of cap space, they should have just signed him as a coach or gave him a fat injury settlement. You dolts are quick to jump to conclusions. Thankfully I didn't see most of the third grade insults because my ignore list is huge.

That's likely the only thing of yours that's huge.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If he does, will his stats look better than Shaheen's?

If they keep not throwing the ball to Shaheen, yes. He can't block, run routes and throw himself the ball....

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Glad he is being taken care of. I guess I just assumed he was de facto retired. Is he planning on playing? If not, why not hire him as an offensive quality control coach or something?

Zach has been asked many times and he has always maintained the hope of being able to play again. Except he has never gotten ahead of himself in his recovery. He always says its being taken a step at a time and if the possibility to play again becomes reality then he will no doubt try to.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You were all bent last year when the Bears signed him too, funny a shit for brains like you calls other people dolts.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Zach has been asked many times and he has always maintained the hope of being able to play again. Except he has never gotten ahead of himself in his recovery. He always says its being taken a step at a time and if the possibility to play again becomes reality then he will no doubt try to.

Would be an awesome comeback story. Seems like a legit good person and his teammates really respect him.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Side note. Anyone else think it's a little weird that the Bears official YouTube channel only has like 67k subscribers? That seems really low.

E - Out of curiosity I checked the Patriots channel, and there are only 88k there. Seems like the counts should be way higher on the franchise channels.

The Bears' youtube channel honestly was trash until recently. They have stepped up their multimedia game a lot in the past two years. At least in terms of its production quality IMO.

Would be an awesome comeback story. Seems like a legit good person and his teammates really respect him.

Been rooting for the dude since the injury. He has always been a locker room favorite and a class act. Last season he was providing film cut ups for the tight end room while also focusing on his recovery. The dude still feels every bit a part of the team and it does seem at the very least like coaching is in his future if he doesn't end up trying to play again.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Good on the org for taking care of the guy. 1yr / 930k deal.

Also, that was a fucking touchdown.
Zach comes back Dec 15 against the Saints. Scores a touch down with the same officiating crew, takes the ball throws it up at the official review booth exploding the monitors like the stadium lights in "The Natural."

#calledit.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I watched this kind of thing with Dennis Pita and the Ravens. They kept him on the roster to recover from his hip dislocation and he went out and did it Twice more after recovering, brutal, just brutal....

I HOPE he does NOT return to the field, I hope he takes advantage of the opportunity to recover, and retires, I would hate to see another injury. If memory serves me correct, the guy wasn't exactly healthy most seasons leading up to the injury.

Thank the organization by being a coach or telling any and every one who will listen what the Bears did for him.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Its because everyone watches those videos embedded on other sites or platforms. I bet its a tiny percentage of the views that actually come on youtube

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I bet he is really trying to play again.

I would love to have him on the team if that injury never happened but the dude almost had to have his leg amputated so i'd hate to let him play again with us and something like that happen again or something even more serious and him end up really having to lose a leg. But a healthy Z.Miller would be real nice for this team cause when he's healthy he's a pretty damn good receiving TE.