Zach Miller to remain a Bear in 2019

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Good on the org for taking care of the guy. 1yr / 930k deal.

Also, that was a fucking touchdown.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I bet he is really trying to play again.
You think? I just assumed this was so he would have money and access to team doctors and facilities for rehab. Either way proud of the Bears for taking care of their own.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears are always good about this stuff. They kept Johnny Knox on for his fourth year so he could be vested in the league pension plan. That kind of thing matters.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Where's the guy who understands Zach Miller's injury way better than the rest of us?

We need it explained as if we didn't also see the injury and watch his recovery since.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glad he is being taken care of. I guess I just assumed he was de facto retired. Is he planning on playing? If not, why not hire him as an offensive quality control coach or something?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Class act by a classy organization. Not to mention it looks good to FAs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
You literally pay money for used women's clothing.

:rofl: :lmao: :lmao:
Was it used women´s clothing or women´s used clothing?

Big difference

women´s used clothing
belarus-111.jpg

used women´s clothing
Duffitt-Leanne.jpg

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where's the guy who understands Zach Miller's injury way better than the rest of us?

We need it explained as if we didn't also see the injury and watch his recovery since.

Okay, rather than me explain it again, here's a really good video of Zach explaining his injury & comeback in a very personal video - it's a gem and should put any questions to rest. I shouldn't have to explain this anymore.

[video=youtube;5QiQ4NTgskQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QiQ4NTgskQ[/video]

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Glad he is being taken care of. I guess I just assumed he was de facto retired. Is he planning on playing? If not, why not hire him as an offensive quality control coach or something?
Not sure if this is how it works, but would he still have access to team doctors if he was on the staff vs a player?

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
You think? I just assumed this was so he would have money and access to team doctors and facilities for rehab. Either way proud of the Bears for taking care of their own.

This is the correct answer. 930K is the vet minimum for someone with Miller's experience. They're allowing him to stay with the team to get access to their facilities and medical staff and make sure he still has some kind of income to help pay for any medical stuff that he does outside of Halas Hall. I think they'll start shifting him to a coaching role sooner than later, but I wonder if the coaching side of stuff doesn't have the same benefits of being a player? I dunno, if anyone who knows more about the differences between coaching contracts and player contracts in terms of benefits, I'd really appreciate more info!

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This is the correct answer. 930K is the vet minimum for someone with Miller's experience. They're allowing him to stay with the team to get access to their facilities and medical staff and make sure he still has some kind of income to help pay for any medical stuff that he does outside of Halas Hall. I think they'll start shifting him to a coaching role sooner than later, but I wonder if the coaching side of stuff doesn't have the same benefits of being a player? I dunno, if anyone who knows more about the differences between coaching contracts and player contracts in terms of benefits, I'd really appreciate more info!
Yeah, exactly what I was wondering